Reviews by BrandonBoston

BrandonBoston's avatar
    BrandonBoston

Opium by Yves Saint Laurent

My thumbs up is for the OLD and original formulation of Opium! I recently bought the new design bottle and formulation and found it was NOTHING like the original Opium of the late 1970's..... I had no idea that the actual scent had changed so much - I foolishly assumed that the change was simply in the bottle only! Argh!

I will have to purchase the original formulation products via eBay or some other source. The new stuff is just awful!

When did the new formulation take place? I prefer the parfum or the EDP versions and want to know what the last bottle design was of the OLD formula - can anyone help me with that? Thanks in advance!

28 May, 2012 (Last Edited: 30th May, 2012)

Van Cleef & Arpels pour Homme by Van Cleef & Arpels

This is my absolute FAVOURITE men's cologne - of all time!

With my chemistry, this scent is like a subtle version of Opium for women - very oriental and very spicy!

Of all the colognes I have ever tried, THIS is the one that gets me the most compliments from women AND men!

I admit that I also horde this cologne as it is very hard to find. For many years it was not sold in the USA and I could only get it by visiting Europe. I would get the strangest looks from US Customs agents when I would come back home with 10 bottles of the stuff.... LOL

I will continue to buy and wear this cologne for as long as I can find it or until I die - which ever comes last!

28 May, 2012