Reviews by OregonAutumn

A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler

I'm not really into the mainstream bottles and hate to jump on the hypewagon, but this one is a WAY different story.

We all know the drill here, this one is the quintessential "LOVE or HATE" gourmand scent. I've bought a small package and instantly fell in love.

It is loud. Very loud. Definitely garners compliments, women dig this guy. Longevity is great; and it projects forever. 10-12 hours - at least. No jokes, no hype, heard rumours about new bottles with poor longevity, but mine is that great. I've seen some reviewers calling its longevity/projection "God Mode". 3-4 sprays will do it, don't even think about more, if you overspray it, you are going to have a very bad time - it can be cloying in a small and/or crowded room.

Longevity: 100/10
Projection: 100/10 (this is an edP in my eyes)

Overall smell: 10/10, great all the way, but it is popular.

Sample it.

16th July, 2012

Bulgari Black by Bulgari

Few years ago, I've found a decant of Black in one of my drawers. Not sure where did I get it or who gave it to me, but I applied it few times, and it definitely pleased my nose. It was wonderful.
Funny or weird thing is, I discovered that it was likely a counterfeit/watered down version, because even the bottle itself was different from the ones I've seen on google (I'm not sure if it is actually can be considered as a bottle). But I liked it, so I "blindbought" an authentic one and hoped that it has better longevity and a more refined smell than the fake one.

I've just received it. I'm not sure if I hate it or love it.

I love it because....
Just look at the bottle itself. Awesome details....and really unique, has the shape of a steering wheel or a tyre. Well, Bulgari is a jewellery company so this doesn't really surprise me. Just great quality that I've expected. If you are a collector, you have to buy it.
The overall smell of the juice is perfect. It reminds me of Fahrenheit - you have the gasoline note and the tangerine/orange together, and in this case you have the rubber note and vanilla.
I don't get anything else, maybe the leather and the tea note, but that is all for me.

And I hate it because....
This could be my signature scent. It's not really popular. But it has POOR projection, stays close to the skin. Longevity is average, sometimes I have to reapply it, sometimes I don't.

Spraying it more than 3-4 times is pointless, you will not get more longevity.

Still a thumbs up.

Sillage,Projection : 6/10
Longevity : 7/10
Versatility: I think it is actually versatile, doesn't project much, so haters of the infamous tyre note will not get offended. 8/10
Smell: 10/10, excellent !!!

Overall: 8/10, great buy.

Make an EDP version or fix the projection/longevity issues please, Bvlgari.

13th July, 2012

Fahrenheit by Christian Dior

Blindbuying this scent for the first time was my best decision in 2012 at the moment.

My parents and a few friend of mine mentioned that the bottle design is kind of ... the closest translation would be "average". Maybe they are right, but I still adore it.

Although mine is not vintage, I DO get the motoroil/rubber note! Reminds me of mowing the lawn, doing some business under the hood of a car, getting really dirty.

Floral, spicy, dirty...I even find it sweet after a while. Whether you love it or hate it, this is a really complex masterpiece, without doubt.

Superb longevity, great projection. I have been only wearing it for like a day, but I already received compliments. According to several sources, 1.4 million bottles have been sold in the first 3 months, only in Europe! This says something.

5 stars out of 5; will buy a 200ml version next time.
31st May, 2012

The One Gentleman by Dolce & Gabbana

A nice try from D&G, but it really-really lacks longevity (1 hour on me, to be honest) and has poor sillage/projection. All in all, it is good, I definitely like it, received a 30ml / 1.0 fl oz package as a gift for last Xmas...but I will not buy it and neither want it as a present.
28th May, 2012