Reviews by Possum-Pie

Havana by Aramis

To be fair: This review is for the new version, Don't know if it was reformulated, but it is NOT the same box/bottle as pictured.

I blind bought a bottle based on reviews and recommendations. I LOVE tobacco notes, but I guess I have to stick to the $400/bottle stuff. This falls flat with the natural tobacco note. It is powerful, first spritz bowled me over with 1980's spiciness. Dry-down is a bit better, but I think I'll sell the bottle. Nothing I like here, although it isn't bad, it just isn't for me.
21st May, 2016

Embruns d'Essaouira by Montale

I get citrus even though it isn't listed, perhaps it's green cedarwood. This is not bad, but it is linear soap and cedar. Not worth Montale prices.
21st May, 2016

Aoud Ever by Montale

Very sharp could cut you it's so sharp. Pepper citrus and sandalwood cut my nasal passages. I like spicy but This hurts. After dry-down, this is a pleasant fragrance. Smells like Dry Wood by Ramon Monegal. I own Cuir d'Arabie and it is another Montale that you must suffer through the opening before it gets good.
20th May, 2016 (last edited: 22nd May, 2016)

Aoud Roses Petals by Montale

Nice rose frag, not as nice as Louban, but has a pleasant odor of cedar breaking through the rose. A warm/sweet note is present, and I don't get any Aoud. I Already have a FB of Louban, so I think I will pass on this.
20th May, 2016 (last edited: 21st May, 2016)

White Musk by Montale

Smells like a bar of soap..VERY clean and crisp. I would wear it to smell like I just showered but NOT for $150. I will keep the sample vial b/c I DO like the smell, but Everyone smelling this on me will think I used a whole bar of soap in my morning shower.

Musk to Musk by Montale

Not a bad fragrance, but I own Dark Musk and the Musk in it blows me away. This is almost like Dark Musk Watered way down, with a bit of florals thrown in. Sillage NOT what you expect from Montale.

Fruits of the Musk by Montale

Thumbs up, but I couldn't wear it. This smells exactly like "Froot Loops" cereal from my childhood. As soon as I smelled it, it took my back to elementary school. Dry-down adds a bit of rose smell to the cereal.

Aoud Musk by Montale

Aoud Musk starts out with a mixture between Dark Aoud and Black Musk. I also smell a sawdust dryness after dry-down There is an underlying wet earth smell that is wonderful, but hard to smell without putting your nose right to the fragrance. Overall great but is it different enough from other Montales? Not sure.

Aoud Greedy by Montale

Red Aoud with a huge dose of anise or licorace. Love the Red Aoud, hate the licorice

Fougères Marines by Montale

Definition of generic smelling department store fragrances: See Montale Fougeres Marines.

Greyland by Montale

A burst of bright shiny cedar, then cumin. LOTS of cumin. It is somewhat metallic, but mostly smells like I didn't use deodorant or shower for 4 days, then ate some chili, and tried to spray cedar on to cover it up.

Wood & Spices by Montale

Smells like a bowl of hard candies dissolved in a bottle of cheap musk. A scrubber.

Jeke by Slumberhouse

I've been looking for a good tobacco, smoke scent, and this one would have been it, except it is too strong. Even a smear on my one arm projected up my arm, up my nose, into the deepest recesses of my brain, and began screaming at me If you buy it, just get a ml sample...it will last you 100 years.

Bulgari Man by Bulgari

Fresh clean and green...and forgettable

A*Men Pure Malt by Thierry Mugler

I had high hopes of smelling malt in this, but alas, it is too much like A*Men. I wish it had more tobacco and malt.

Guess Seductive Homme by Guess

Sweet, generic, and forgettable.

Mon Patchouly by Ramon Monegal

I have to agree with others, Lot of Jasmine, not much Patchouli. There is a sharpness here, but where is the Pathouli?

Lovely Day by Ramon Monegal

Nasty mess. Take a fruit stand, next to a flower seller. Throw a hand grande in the middle of them...Pow, splash, drip. Have a Lovely Day.

Kiss My Name by Ramon Monegal

Very feminine and floral. Like a walk through a flower shop when the A/C has failed. Long lasting but too floral for me.

Impossible Iris by Ramon Monegal

Soapy clean iris, I couldn't pull this off, it is tooo feminine.

Cotton Musk by Ramon Monegal

Nice smelling top notes laundry and powder. Unfortunately turn into all powder. I don't smell the vanilla.

Ambra di Luna by Ramon Monegal

Rich anamalistic amber. Not your typical stereotyped amber but a more natural rich amber.

Entre Naranjos by Ramon Monegal

A nice sharp orange, more the pith or oil than the juice. Not your typical citrus.

Cherry Musk by Ramon Monegal

Cherry is hard to pull off and this is no exception. Sweet overly so, and the musk doesn't redeem this scent.

L'Eau de Rose by Ramon Monegal

Beautiful rose fragrance, not enough spice or musk for me to wear it. I appreciate the craftsmanship though

New York by Nicolaï

I worked at a nursing home. This smells like old lady. Old lady covered in powder and wearing some Avon fragrance.

Norne by Slumberhouse

Monster projection of natural pine resin. This definitely smells natural, like essential oils. Too linear for me.

Sana by Slumberhouse

I have to agree with others...stewed/rotten fruit. I also smell the Bourbon, enough that I'd be scared to be pulled over.

Pear + Olive by Slumberhouse

Boozy sweet, at last a Slumberhouse that isn't screaming at me. I appreciate it but wouldn't say I like it. Nice dry-down.
17th May, 2016 (last edited: 16th May, 2016)

Vikt by Slumberhouse

Projects like a 10 million candle spotlight. Hot, spicy, hot, burny, hot...
17th May, 2016 (last edited: 16th May, 2016)