Reviews by Transmeta

Saffron / Amber / Agar Wood / Cardamom by Korres

Excellent value, but as it is made without too many standard perfume chemicals, the longevity is an issue.
05th January, 2013

Oud Wood by Tom Ford

I like this, it is a nice balanced scent. Thumbs down for lack of real oud and the price. Tom Ford line is way overpriced.

Rose Oud by By Kilian

Nice rosy amber scent. Very little oud or it's mostly synthetic.

Arabian Nights - Pure Oud by By Kilian

The best among the four oud samples I have from Kilian.

Amber Oud by By Kilian

Sweet but no oud whatsoever.

Mokhalat Dubai by Al Rehab

Interesting scent, weird to decipher. Citrus, spices, jasmine perhaps and wood, a hint of oud? Very masculine and cheap as chips.

Khaliji by Al Rehab

Citrus, cumin and very little oud if any. Not that bad actually, great value!

Golden by Al Rehab

Nice sweet, amber and honey with perhaps a hint of rose? Great value.

Shaikah by Al Rehab

They must've changed the formula as I detect nothing like the previous ones. No oud, no animalic notes not too much amber and where is the musk? Peachy but ok.

Oudy by Al Rehab

Nice strong oudy scent, drydown reveals more cedar and citrus notes. Nice and cheap as chips. 1 £ at the local ethnic corner shop.

No. 89 by Floris

Perfect daytime fragrance! Orange perks me up in the morning, nutmeg adds an edge, lavender sets stressfree mood, and already in the bus there is this soothing rosy scent which dies down with sandalwood, vetiver and cedar. In the afternoon these earthy scents ground me from days hustle and bustle.

Proper gentleman cologne without being stuffy old guys scent. Pure class!
15th June, 2012

Windsor by D.R. Harris & co.

Simple, yet elegant. Perfect for every day casual wear. Opens nicely with orange, could last longer. A perfect gentlemans aftershave.
14th June, 2012 (last edited: 19th June, 2012)

Dior Homme Sport (original) by Christian Dior

For me, probably due to my entry level skills in deciphering fragrances, this falls into 'girly', 'pop', 'marketing gimmick'- category.

Doesn't smell masculine at all to me, more like plain gray looking government office girl in her early thirties, the type whose features just don't stick into ones memory despite efforts to do so. "Was she a blonde or brunette?. Can't remember..."

Jaïpur Homme by Boucheron

Very pleasant vanilla fragrance. Something I might want to wear on a date to a nice coffeeshop filled with aromas of cinnamon, vanilla, chocolate etc.

Givenchy Gentleman by Givenchy

This makes me feel happy and in love with myself, if that makes sense. Weirdly from a department stores tester I got this amazing almost animal like manliest scent ever, which I utterly fell in love with. It lasted only about five minutes, and then faded to very nice patchouli. Patchouli bit made me happy and jolly. Not a dainty girly scent at all, and I felt relieved to come across with GG, as all the other's, classics and modern alike, seemed too 'girly' for my taste somehow..

So all in all a good scent for me, best so far, but as I bought this based on tester experience, the bottle from the box didn't have this strong animal scent, and I started speculating whether G puts vintage juice in the tester bottles or was it just edP version of it?

Lasted perhaps like six hours and as it was cold and rainy, I got mostly patchouli scent outside, but as soon as I entered indoors, this animal friend from the beginning revisited me in a most pleasant way for a short while.. Somehow I felt this scent 'pulsated' different layers of it, which was pleasurable. Keeps things exciting...