Reviews by dusttdust

Oud for Love by The Different Company

Oud for Love is an exquisite fragrance. When I first sprayed it on I thought I was smelling eucalyptus or something medicinal, maybe even black currant? After it got some air and sat for a little bit on my skin the notes to become clearer.

Twenty minutes later, it evolved into a very deep, tightly balanced scent, reminiscent of Jubilation XXV. The dry down continued to get sweeter and sexier, which makes complete sense, since it is a tribute to love. It matches the description from "The Different Company" perfectly.

"Second chapter of the Collection Excessive, Oud For Love is a tribute to love. Sensual and bewitching, Oud For Love transcends the desire to sublimate the pleasure."

It goes on...

"Woody (Vetiver), leathery, musky and mellow (Sandalwood, White Wood), it explores the most animal and smooth facet of the Oud.

Perfumer: Bertrand Duchaufour
Olfactory Family: Oriental - Woody
Olfactory Pyramid, key ingredients:

Top Notes: Alcohol touch (whisky), Safran, Cumin, Coriander, Aldehydes, Angélique.
Middle Notes: Tuberose, Ylang-Ylang, Iris, Sandalwood, Clove.
Base Notes: Soft Musks, Soft amber, Immortelle, Vetiver Haïti, Oudh from Laos, Castoreum, Heliotrope, Caramelized notes, Tolu resinoïde."

To think that the "medicinal" note I got at the very beginning may have something to do with whiskey makes me very happy indeed.
02nd August, 2012 (last edited: 09th August, 2012)