Reviews by jesco

Royal Lotus by Anya's Garden

Lotus brilliantly and lightly polished with almost undetectable citrus. Framed in mouth watering Tonka Bean and smoky vanishing Sandalwood. Not the promised 24 hours in my hair or even 2 hours on my wrist. But I don't care. I perform a tea ceremony over my head, and tip these tiny bottles upside down. For me this isn't about staying power, the allure is in the changes and the transformations. Just now I smell pepper and rose, really this is an astounding trip. Sometimes I find myself looking at her picture and wondering if she is a witch. How does she do it? Anya's fragrances seem to be cast against a certain fruity liquor that I mind more in the Kewda. Yet there is no finer Kewda or Lotus fragrance in my opinion. Both are incredibly deft gentle celebrations. And that plummy apricot liquor takes me back to my grandmother, she had her own signature between folds.

10th July, 2012 (Last Edited: 16 July, 2012)

Labdanum 18 / Ciste 18 by Le Labo

My first Le Labo sniff is cringe worthy. In fact I want to remember it, so as not to make this mistake again. I am reminded me of what put me off perfume for years.
    Sweet powder. The best of Shalimar with the addition of baby powder. Oh dear. I save samples, one never knows when reference might call. But this went down the loo. Sometimes I don't have my glasses on and reach for a surprise tester. I would say this is my most unfavorite fragrance of all time.

09 July, 2012 (Last Edited: 15 July, 2012)