Reviews by cwill

cwill's avatar
    cwill

Oud by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

If you want to pay hundreds for the scent of a woman's shampoo or hairspray, buy this. But if you want Oud then buy a pure oud oil

21st February, 2013

Al Oudh by L'Artisan Parfumeur

This smells like straight ball sweat. Nothing more, nothing less. WTF? I have plenty of samples from Agar Aura of pure oud oil and this has absolutely NOTHING to do with oud. I feel terrible for anyone who is subjected to this scent. Utterly disgusting.

13 February, 2013

Erolfa by Creed

This only gets a neutral and not a thumbs down because the scent is so ridiculously good. Longevity is a 1 out of 10 on me. What a serious shame.

24 July, 2012

New York Oud by Bond No. 9

All I got from this was rose. My wife told me I smelled like an old lady and to take it off. No oud (or even wood for that matter) whatsoever, just a bright rose that makes me feel like I'm at a funeral or in a grandmothers' house. If you're into ladies that will like that then by all means, buy it. I wear perfumes for myself mainly, but when my wife makes a comment like that and I agree...it's a done deal.

24 July, 2012

Les Déserts d'Orient - Songe d'un Bois d'Été by Guerlain

Just received my sample today. I've had it on for about 3 hours now and it's still going pretty strong. This seems rather linear to me, all I get is a B.O. scent from this. Granted, it is a BO note made pleasant and rather intriguing. I'm just not sure I'm getting anything else. Hmmm, this will require further wearings.

17 July, 2012

M7 by Yves Saint Laurent

Bandaids dipped in cough syrup and set out to dry leaving them covered in a resinous goo. LOVE this one. I have also tried MANY "ouds" now and this is still my favorite.

16 July, 2012 (Last Edited: 24 July, 2012)

Bleu de Chanel by Chanel

There's a lot more going on in this one than some give it credit for. Compliments galore as well. Most every scent on me has horrible longevity but not this one, it stays around for a long time. The smokey aquatic heart and base of this scent makes it MUCH deeper than some may think when they write it off as generic. Those wanting a scent that smells stunningly fantastic, this is it. You won't find anything challenging about it, which is the point.

Leather Oud by Christian Dior

This one is extremely interesting and intriguing. I do love it. I did however give it a 4 out of 5 stars, simply for the fact that I do feel the civet needs to be toned down. Other than that, the longevity is excellent and it's a beautiful fragrance.

Oud Cuir D'Arabie by Montale

A hospital janitor using bleach to clean puke off the floor. Oh, and an animals corpse by the roadside rotting in the hot summer sun. Why do I love this?