Reviews by Nik

Nik's avatar
    Nik

Splendid Wood by Yves Saint Laurent

a forest of fragrance. perfectly balanced for a sensuous night out (or in). the oud is penetrant but not overbearing, the classic woody combinations offset beautifully with jasmine. this is one for special occasions (not least because of the exorbitant price tag), it is the evening fragrance to wear after a day in M7 oud absolu. Thanks YSL for another classic.

18 May, 2014

Grey Vetiver by Tom Ford

this one is the kind of scent that you can wear on any occasion, but it exudes class and is something I can see myself wearing together with dark suit, crisp white shirt (not unlike mr Ford himself....I imagine him smelling of this, to be honest). Citrus notes gently yield to the heart of vetiver, which lingers and accompanies me throughout my day, Many compare this to Guerlain's vetiver classics, but the Tom Ford creation is something that takes vetivers firmly into the 21st century: it lacks the sharp tangy edges of Guerlain's classic, but I would venture carries the whole with even more class.

Neroli Portofino by Tom Ford

wow. this one wakes you up. like some kind of zesty kick in the face. theneroli is absolutel fantastic, probably the kind of thing other perfume houses will water down and turn into something frankly less ballsy. longevity and sillage are a joy.

Tuscan Leather by Tom Ford

A real smoky, deeply tanned leather, slowly unfolds to give way to mellow amber and sweeter basenotes. A beautifully constructed fragrance, only criticism is the longevity on my skin is a little disappointing: I'm lucky to get 4 hours with this one, which is a pity. good job I bought the mega bottle. The decanter is beautiful too.