Reviews by catsngunsnyarn

catsngunsnyarn's avatar
    catsngunsnyarn

So Hooked on Carmella by Benefit

Carmella is a creamy white floral, buttery vanilla, with a primal green jungleish tinge. I love it.

27 August, 2012

Prada Candy by Prada

Prada Candy was a blind buy for me, and I'm happy I took the gamble. I love sweet scents, and this is a grown up, more dressy and less "sticky" version of Pink Sugar. Candy is sweet, but also has a dry, powdery hint when first applied. It dries and lingers with a caramel and musk (?) vibe.

Angel by Thierry Mugler

I love Angel on a scent strip. It's positively sexy and juicy and mouthwatering. But on my skin, it's ONLY patchouli. I got this as a gift in the late '90s and wore it until I ran out. Maybe I'll try it again.

Lolita Lempicka by Lolita Lempicka

I SO badly wanted to love Lolita Lempicka. But all I got was a strong "insect spray" vibe at first. The licorice was there, but majorly overpowered by the 'poison'. I waited for something sweet and warm to reveal itself - but I was disappointed. The lasting lingering note was an acidic musty moss that sort of reminded me of lawn fertilizer. Perhaps my brand new .17oz mini had turned before I applied it? Or the EDP sprays are different? Maybe I need to go to a store and test a fresh tester before I make a final decision.

Pink Sugar by Aquolina

I have been told on more than one occasion that I shouldn't like Pink Sugar - because I'm "too old" for it (I'm 41), because I also wear "more refined fragrances" (Must de Cartier, Anne Pliska, Roma, L), because it's not "dark" (okay I guess I'm 'dark'? LOL). But I love it. It's sugary, comforting, vanilla, soft, powdery. The cute bottle also makes me smile. The fragrance doesn't last on me, but I do get a bit of a revival of it on me if it gets warm.

L by Lolita Lempicka

L is so pretty. It's sexy, salty, oceany, vanilla, cinnamon. Just perfect. I just wish it lasted longer on me.

Roma by Laura Biagiotti

Roma is simply gorgeous. It's green, citrusy (grapefruit?), powdery, with a slight vanilla and maybe even black pepper. I've been wearing it since 1991, when a sales associate at Nordstrom recommended it because I also have Anne Pliska and Must de Cartier.

Anné Pliska by Anné Pliska

I love Anna Pliska. I was given a little sample from Nordstrom in 1989. I've worn it ever since. It's powdery, citrusy, dark and seductive, yet still friendly and approachable. It doesn't have the headachy bite of Angel or Poison.