Reviews by Nefelli

Violetta di Parma by Borsari

I'm addicted to violets, discovering Violetta Di Parma was indeed like finding my HG.. I have worn it daily ( sometimes hourly) and yes, even ten minutely... since that fateful day 5 years ago. I'm faithful, loyal, I wanted this to be a lifetime relationship, really I did.

Its difficult to pin point the stages, top notes, a packet of Parma Violet Candies, the kind which made your tongue purple, quickly followed by roses after a rain shower, then beautiful powdery, sweet violets, delicate, innocent.........

Sadly it then vanishes into thin air on me. I don't think anyone has ever commented on it outside of my bedroom, or if they happen to be walking past as I spray it on from the lovely bottle. I don't think it has actually made it out of my front door.

If you adore Violets, and you are blessed enough to have the kind of skin which allows this to have a life of more than ten minutes, I envy you, it is truly beautiful.

13 August, 2012

Angel by Thierry Mugler

I first owned this perfume over 15 years ago. it was quite an experience for me then. I'm not really a Gourmand type, and had never worn anything like it, it shocked me the first time I encountered, it continued to shock me each time I wore it. In fact I don't really know why I wore it, I just sometimes felt I really needed it, like a decadent *fix* of a calorie laden Belgian Chocolate gateau.

As I began to smell it on every other woman in the street/restaurant/shop, I placed it in the back of the drawer, gave it away finally. Last month as I was walking through the perfume dept I saw it sitting there and, the old addiction rose up, I needed my *fix*.

Ive matured since then, just because I own a perfume, doesn't mean it needs to come with me everywhere I go, Angel is my private comfort food scent. I now like to indulge in it's heady, warm, mouth watering sensuous Chocolate vanilla blanket in the evening, so it has dried down to its heavenly almost nursery caramel treat stage by bedtime.

I love Angel now it is no longer a challenge to me and I know what to do with it, some scents are just too delicious and personal to share.

13 August, 2012