Reviews by ojaddicte

Histoire d'Amour by Aubusson

I have mixed feelings about my cheap & cheerful blind-buy (the parfum was only $13.99!!! How could I not?) The parfum lives up to the reviews prior to this one. The edt... well, not so much. The parfum is made in France, and the edt, much to my surprise - "Made in China". I say no more.
09th October, 2019

Boyfriend by Boyfriend

Don't let the name put you off

I was pleasantly surprised by the contents of this bottle. I usually avoid celebuscents like the plague, but after reading positive reviews online, I decided to give this scent a chance. On my scent-devouring skin, this is a fairly long lasting dry woody, slightly plummy, amber perfume. It's fantastic in cold weather. I enjoy getting a whiff of this on my winter scarves. The packaging could be better, but the juice is good! I may have to invest in a larger bottle.

Pros: dry, woody, plummy, warm and embracing
Cons:

29th May, 2013

Black by Bulgari

This scent on my skin opens with a scent of burnt rubber which quickly subsides into a warm, cozy vanilla with tea accents. I love it. My husband adores it on me. Definitely a love or hate fragrance.
14th May, 2013

Aromatics Elixir by Clinique

I love green chypres: Nikki de St. Phalle, Jacomo Silences, Coriandre. I think I have met the greenest chypre I have ever encountered today - Aromatics Elixir. I'm enjoying it's density, it's twists and turns and longevity. Another one for my "to buy" list.
18th November, 2012 (last edited: 15th January, 2016)

Youth Dew by Estée Lauder

The other day I was walking past the EL counter, and decided to take a whiff of Youth Dew. I was expecting to be hit over the head by something repugnant, but was pleasantly surprised by the incense wafting out of the bottle. I passed on trying it on skin that day. Today I found myself back at the EL counter for the express purpose of testing YD on my skin. Wow. On me, I get a deep incenscey fragrance that reminds me of what Opium smelled like when it was initially released. (I'm in my 40's... My Mom wore Opium when I was little and it was fabulous on her.) I saw my Mom after that trip to the mall and she asked me if I was wearing pre-reformulation Opium. She was stunned to learn that I was wearing EL Youth Dew. It is spicy, warm and what I love most, full of incense. My skin has a tendency to devour scent, but that doesn't appear to be a problem with YD. It is still lingering on my skin 7 hours after a single modest spray to my wrist. I definitely see a FB in my future.
18th November, 2012 (last edited: 19th November, 2012)