Reviews by sjg3839

JV x NJ [Crimson] by John Varvatos

A nice spicy, coffee that is not as sweet as I thought it would be by reading the notes. I could see myself purchasing this one. A nice crowd pleaser that will last all day. More suited for fall and winter. 7.5/10
04th June, 2019

Invictus Legend by Paco Rabanne

Not bad, but not impressive IMO. I enjoy the original version a little better. Has a sea salt vibe which is pretty generic. I could wear this but it's not FBW to me.
04th June, 2019

Gucci Guilty Cologne by Gucci

Seems to have a light mint note (could be the violet and juniper combo)that is nice for spring and summer days. I really like this one. A nice clean scent that would work nice with a linen shirt. I was not a fan of GG Absolute, but I am a fan of this gem. A future purchase for sure. 8/10
16th May, 2019

Eros Flame by Versace

Has the Eros DNA with a citrus kick.I noticed the citrus right away. Not bad, but I don't see myself getting a full bottle. Longevity and projection are pretty good. 6/10
11th May, 2019

Wanted by Azzaro

Like the ginger note in this one. Not heavy or overbearing. The fruity aspect is a different story though. 7/10
10th May, 2019

Wanted by Night by Azzaro

Strong and in your face, this slightly fruity and cinnamon filled fragrance will definitely last you a few hours. Doesn't smell like 1 million,but it does remind me of that same type of vibe.
10th May, 2019

Wild Bluebell by Jo Malone

The Jasmine was the deal breaker for me. The ladies should enjoy this one though. My opinion would be biased in rating this one.

Nectarine Blossom & Honey by Jo Malone

Jo Malone really makes some nice and light fragrances. That's a gift and a curse in some cases. This is one of those cases where it's a curse. The sillage could have been a little stronger. Another one the ladies will enjoy. Nice for the spring and summer days.6/10

Honeysuckle and Davana by Jo Malone London

Feminine fragrance that the ladies should enjoy. The honeysuckle note gives off a slight jasmine vibe. A soft fragrance that the fellas might not feel as comfortable with as the ladies. Nice one nonetheless.

English Oak & Redcurrant by Jo Malone London

More of a citrus wood designed for spring and summer. Decant worthy, but not FBW IMO. More feminine than masculine fragrance that the ladies will probably enjoy more than the fellas.

Basil & Neroli by Jo Malone

Smells very similar to Ferrari Bright Neroli. That's a good thing. The Neroli note is well crafted and the Basil note gives it a slight greenness that is essential for warmer weather. 7.5/10

Blackberry & Bay by Jo Malone

Not bad, just not my style. The blackberry mixed with the bay and vetiver note give it a kind of soapy vibe. The grapefruit helps suppress that soapiness, but not entirely. Not FBW for my taste.

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Summer 2015 by Issey Miyake

Like the other summer editions, that Issey DNA is definitely in there. IMO this one smells the closest to the original. All are summer gems. 7/10
19th March, 2019

Les Exceptions : Hot Cologne by Thierry Mugler

Got a hint of Orange Blossom with light citrus teist.Not bad at all. Very unisex with that TM coffee note in there. 7/10
05th March, 2019

Replica Wicked Love by Martin Margiela

If you like Jasmine with a hint of Rose, then this is for you. The ladies will love this one. A little too feminine for me, but a nice fragrance nonetheless. 7/10
06th December, 2018

Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford

Not a fan of earthy scents, but I like this one. Woody and slightly spicy, this one is my favorite in that mini line TF has. Very natural smelling. More of a cool weather fragrance IMO. 8/10

Gentlemen Only Absolute by Givenchy

As others have mentioned, this does smell a lot like Spicebomb. 1899 is another one this smells similar to. Not original, and for that reason I would give this a neutral. 7/10

Terre d'Hermès Eau Intense Vétiver by Hermès

Nice idea to add a shot of vetiver in this flanker of TDH. Seems to make it slightly fresher for those who didn't agree with the strong orange peel vibe. 7.5/10

JV x NJ by John Varvatos

Not bad at all! I would actually purchase a bottle if the price went down some. Reminds me of the vintage but with an aquatic vibe. Not an aquatic fragrance, but the lime and mint notes gives off that impression. 7.5/10

Made to Measure by Gucci

Kind of generic and not too exciting. Pretty safe and don't see it offending anyone. Not a bad scent, just not for me.

The One Grey by Dolce & Gabbana

For some reason, I get a scented insect repellent vibe with this one. Not for me.

L'Homme Idéal L'Intense by Guerlain

Reminds me of a combination of Amen Taste of Fragrance and Pure Tonka. I like both of those fragrances, but not mixed together.

Not a bad fragrance, just not for me.
27th July, 2018

Beach Hut Man by Amouage

Slightly soapy green opening with an amazing mint note. As Speedracer mentioned, this does have a Viking vibe. Amouage did a god job going a different direction. Nicely done.
27th July, 2018

Replica Across Sands by Martin Margiela

Fruity, with a light patchouli background but no oud or licorice in sight. Nice, but the longevity could be better.

Update: Got a sample from Sephora today and I get a trace of oud (artificial but it's there. Decent fragrance indeed.
25th July, 2018 (last edited: 06th December, 2018)

Ombré Leather by Tom Ford

Same fragrance as 2016, better price. Done. 8/10

Not a Perfume by Juliette Has a Gun

In the words of Yoda...This good thing Cetalox smells.

Simply good. And I do mean simple. 7.5/10

Tom Ford Noir Extreme by Tom Ford

Beautiful and powdery vanilla rose that is one of the best powdery fragrances I've smelled in a while. Gourmand without trying too hard to do so. Future purchase. The ladies will enjoy TFNE also.

Midnight Oud by Juliette Has a Gun

Black Aoud light. Done too many times before. Not bad, just not original.

Another Oud by Juliette Has a Gun

Not just Another Oud IMO. The berry and oud combo is great. For the folks who don't want skank in their Oud, this may be a good look for you. Definetly unisex. 8/10

Sunny Side Up by Juliette Has a Gun

I must say, JHAG make pretty good womansfragrances. A nice (lighter) jasmine and iris blend which seems gourmandish and kind of floral at the same time. Another one the ladies will enjoy.