Reviews by sjg3839

Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford

Not a fan of earthy scents, but I like this one. Woody and slightly spicy, this one is my favorite in that mini line TF has. Very natural smelling. More of a cool weather fragrance IMO. 8/10

Gentlemen Only Absolute by Givenchy

As others have mentioned, this does smell a lot like Spicebomb. 1899 is another one this smells similar to. Not original, and for that reason I would give this a neutral. 7/10

Terre d'Hermès Eau Intense Vétiver by Hermès

Nice idea to add a shot of vetiver in this flanker of TDH. Seems to make it slightly fresher for those who didn't agree with the strong orange peel vibe. 7.5/10

JV x NJ by John Varvatos

Not bad at all! I would actually purchase a bottle if the price went down some. Reminds me of the vintage but with an aquatic vibe. Not an aquatic fragrance, but the lime and mint notes gives off that impression. 7.5/10

Made to Measure by Gucci

Kind of generic and not too exciting. Pretty safe and don't see it offending anyone. Not a bad scent, just not for me.

The One Grey by Dolce & Gabbana

For some reason, I get a scented insect repellent vibe with this one. Not for me.

L'Homme Idéal L'Intense by Guerlain

Reminds me of a combination of Amen Taste of Fragrance and Pure Tonka. I like both of those fragrances, but not mixed together.

Not a bad fragrance, just not for me.
27th July, 2018

Beach Hut Man by Amouage

Slightly soapy green opening with an amazing mint note. As Speedracer mentioned, this does have a Viking vibe. Amouage did a god job going a different direction. Nicely done.
27th July, 2018

Ombré Leather by Tom Ford

Same fragrance as 2016, better price. Done. 8/10

Not a Perfume by Juliette Has a Gun

In the words of Yoda...This good thing Cetalox smells.

Simply good. And I do mean simple. 7.5/10

Tom Ford Noir Extreme by Tom Ford

Beautiful and powdery vanilla rose that is one of the best powdery fragrances I've smelled in a while. Gourmand without trying too hard to do so. Future purchase. The ladies will enjoy TFNE also.

Midnight Oud by Juliette Has a Gun

Black Aoud light. Done too many times before. Not bad, just not original.

Another Oud by Juliette Has a Gun

Not just Another Oud IMO. The berry and oud combo is great. For the folks who don't want skank in their Oud, this may be a good look for you. Definetly unisex. 8/10

Sunny Side Up by Juliette Has a Gun

I must say, JHAG make pretty good womansfragrances. A nice (lighter) jasmine and iris blend which seems gourmandish and kind of floral at the same time. Another one the ladies will enjoy.

Gentlewoman by Juliette Has a Gun

Orange Blossom and Neroli with a light soapy background. Fresh out the shower scent that the ladies will enjoy to wear.

Mmmm… by Juliette Has a Gun

Gourmand that smells very familiar. I get something with a plastic vibe in there which was the deal breaker for me.

Now I member what this smells like... Jazz Club by Replica. I enjoy Jazz Club a little more.

Mad Madame by Juliette Has a Gun

I get jasmine, a hint of iris and a nice rose note in this one. Feminine, but I could pull this off. The ladies will love this!
25th July, 2018 (last edited: 24th July, 2018)

Replica Soul of the Forest by Martin Margiela

Lightly green gem with a side kick of incense. The only flaw I noticed was the lack of longevity on my skin. Reminds me of a lighter version of Rykiel Man. 7.5/10
24th July, 2018

Legend Night by Montblanc

Sort of generic fragrance that reminds me of 1 Million. Can be pretty cloying if you go heavy on the trigger. 6.5/10
24th July, 2018

Roses & Chocolate by Mancera

You get exactly what the bottle says....Roses & Chocolate. They had the nerve to add a violet note in this combined with the Mancera trademark Musk(can you say overkill?) Can't think of a time I could ever wear this. More of a novelty to me. 6/10

Aoud Black Candy by Mancera

The first thing I got out of ABC was licorice. The mint is the co-star in this one. The Mancera trademark musk is in here also. Too sweet for my taste, but with a name like Aoud Black Candy, what should I have expected? 6.5/10

Upper Ten (new) by Lubin

Reading the notes, I initially thought this would be a train crash. They hit the brakes on this one. I get a slightly spiced wood with a fruit note in there somewhere. The leather makes it darker than I thought it would be. Kind of earthy in a nice way.Not bad, just not for me.6.5/10

Alkemi by Laboratorio Olfattivo

Starts out slightly woody with a patchouli booster shot and sandalwood side kick to give it a different take on wood fragrances. I like the Myrhh note in this one. Initial spray shows a lot trying to go on, but the end result is an ambery and vanilla woody experience. 6.5/10

Myths Woman by Amouage

Soily and slightly herbal fragrance that can be worn by man or woman. It actually smells more masculine than feminine. A light violet and patchouli note gives it the herbal accord. The leather and musk give this one the earthiness. Not bad, just not for me. 6.5/10

Figment Man by Amouage

Nice fragrance. Has that old school vibe. I get an earthy or flint note in this one. The animalic note in this is not too strong. I actually barely noticed it. I get three stages with Figment. Citrus, Leather and lightly animalistic and finally a lightly wood fragrance. One to try! 6.5/10

Lilac Love by Amouage

Think the older or more mature women will like this one. The jasmine and rose are the leaders in this band. Everyone is playing backup. The Gardenia note is the deal breaker for me. Be careful, this will stain your cloths with a pink color. Did a hec of a trick on the tester strip.

Essence de Patchouli Eau de Parfum by Perris Monte Carlo

A sharp and slightly dusty patchouli with a kicker iris note. They could have toned down the iris a bit. Think this made the fragrance too powdery. I get a light rose and quite a bit of geranium. Settles down to a powdery and woody fragrance. Not bad, just not my type.

Oranges and Lemons say the bells of St Clement's by Heeley

A soapy citrus fragrance that gives you what the name says. But for the price, you should get more IMO. Nothing special about this one. Pretty safe....too safe. When I read the notes I expected better. Decent summer fragrance. 7/10

Korrigan by Lubin

Lidge meets Black Oud. The two help each other make this a decent fragrance. Creamy and boozy, Korrigan settles down to a light wood scent which can be enjoyed by women as well as men. 7/10

The Aoud by Mancera

I realized something. Seems like all of these Mancera's that have the word oud in them name seem to smell alike. Might be that trademark musk they put in them. This is also another one that smells like Montale's Black Aoud. this is slightly sweeter though. Nice wood accord in this as well. For those reasons, I give it a neutral.