Reviews by sjg3839

Raghba by Lattafa

Very sweet vanilla and woody fragrance. Can get cloying if overspayed. Has that 24 Gold vibe. Not bad at all for the price! 7/10
01st December, 2016

Tom Ford Extreme by Tom Ford

A smooth chocolate and leather with a touch of spices and woods. Pretty nice fragrance IMO. Like the caramel background in this. 7/10
16th October, 2016

Perry Ellis Aqua Extreme by Perry Ellis

Average aquatic. Nothing special about this one. Smelled it many times before. Projection and longevity are average.
13th October, 2016

Replica Beach Walk by Martin Margiela

This and Tom Ford's Soleil Blanc smell very similar. A slightly fruity Jasmine with a soapy background. It also has a coconut vibe in this as well. Seems like Tom Ford copied off Replica on this one. More on the feminine side IMO.
03rd October, 2016

Mr. Burberry by Burberry

This would have been rated much higher if it was done years ago. Smelled this a hundred times. Generic citrus base with wood dry down. Don't get me wrong, this is a decent scent but not something I would reach for often. 6.5/10
03rd October, 2016

White Collection : Rain by Commodity

Light citrus with a touch of greenness which is ok ,but not something I see myself purchasing. Not cloying at all, so you can spray away. I see this as more of a summer scent.

Replica By the Fireplace by Martin Margiela

Reminds me of an updated version of Michael Jordan Legend (not as sweet though). Can that be a bad thing? Of course not! But the vanilla gourmand thing has been done quite a lot. Don't get me wrong, I like the fragrance. If you don't have any vanilla dominated fragrances, this would be a good look for you. 7.5/10

Replica At the Barber's by Martin Margiela

Bona fide barbershop fragrance. Doesn't show on the notes, but it seems like there is a licorice or rhubarb note in this. Nice fragrance nonetheless. The Basil note brings out a zesty zing in this one. Worth checking out. 7.5/10

Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford

At first, I picked up orange blossom along with jasmine. The ladies will love this one. I'm kind of surprised this is listed as a unisex scent. But in today's fragrance world, everything is fair game. Reminds me of a tropical based scent for women. Nice scent, just slighty too feminine for me. 6.5/10

Decadence by Marc Jacobs

When I read the notes, I thought it would be a very feminine fragrance. That wasn't the case. I actually thought this was a pretty good unisex type fragrance. A man can surely pull this one off. The rose seems to suppress the other notes to keep it kind of unisex. It also has a cedar note (not listed) in there as well as the light vetiver note. Job well done MJ.

Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate by Hermès

Reminds me a lot of Fico Di Amalfi. FDI smells better IMO. Overall, it's not a bad scent. 6.5/10
25th September, 2016

Neroli Portofino Acqua by Tom Ford

First of all, I'm a big fan of Neroli Portifino. This basically smells just like NP. If there is a difference, it may be that NPA is slightly denser than NP. Great Spring and Summer gem.
23rd September, 2016

Poivre Colonial by Phaedon

Didn't care for this one. Whatever sour note that's in this is off-putting. Just not my style. Too much going on with this one.

Myths Man by Amouage

Strong smokey leather. Can't say it's a bad fragrance, it's just not my style. Above average projection and longevity.

Eight & Bob by Eight & Bob

Slightly soapy with a retro twist, this one is not bad at all. The vanilla kicks in very fast with a light citrus background. I feel this is definitely overpriced. If it wasn't, I would probably purchase a bottle.

Replica Jazz Club by Martin Margiela

Very nice! Smooth gourmand type fragrance. The first thing that came to mind was a glass of cream or root beer soda. Not heavy or cloying like a lot of fragrances in this category. May be a future purchase.
09th September, 2016

Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford

I am giving this a thumbs up because I am a fan of Tuscan Leather. Smells like a lighter version of TL (not a bad thing at all).OL smells so much like TL, I actually thought the SA was playing a trick on me when I smelled it. If Tuscan Leather is too strong for you, this may solve the problem.
09th September, 2016

L'Eau The One by Dolce & Gabbana

Fruity and slightly floral gem the ladies should enjoy. Starts out too feminine for me, but a decent fragrance nonetheless.

Straight to Heaven by By Kilian

Boozy Nutmeg with a wooden drydown. Just not my style.

Velvet Curaçao by PK Perfumes

Different. Very different. Jasmine and violet blast with an orange background . Kind of gives off a grape vibe. Hard to explain this one. Not a bad scent at all though.

Eterno by Vince Camuto

Citrus and mint that actually smells OK. Calms down to a wooden vibe. The price won't hurt the pockets either. 7/10

Perry Ellis Red by Perry Ellis

Strong, fruity and will get noticed. Go easy with the sprays folks. Club material IMO.

Orchid Soleil by Tom Ford

Orange and vanilla with a floral cake batter vibe. I now that doesn't make sense, but that's the first thing that comes to mind. Too feminine for me, but something the ladies should check out.

Tobacco Oud by Tom Ford

Amber Absolute. First thing that came to mind. A berry or whiskey note was added to this, but it's still too close to Amber Absolute to be considered original. Has that skanky note (castoreum) that only last for about 20 minutes or so. Nice tobacco note but I didn't get any oud. Got a synthetic note or two that resembled wood. A nice fragrance, but if you own Amber Absolute, I don't feel there is a need to own this unless you are collecting the Private Blend arsenal.
18th August, 2016 (last edited: 05th April, 2017)

Shanghai Lily by Tom Ford

Floral with light spices, it was a little too feminine for me. The ladies, on the other hand will really enjoy this. Just couldn't pull this one off.
18th August, 2016 (last edited: 25th October, 2016)

Patchouli Absolu by Tom Ford

Wood lovers, this is for you. The patchouli is in the background peeking out though. Winter and Fall fragrance. 7/10

Orange Sanguine by Atelier Cologne

Slightly sweet overpriced orange fragrance. Seems to have a light coconut vibe in this (probably the Tonka Bean). A nice fragrance indeed with average longevity and projection. 8/10

Champaca Absolute by Tom Ford

Floral with too much going on. Sweet, soapy and just not my style. A sample is far as I would go with this one. 6/10

Figuier Ardent by Atelier Cologne

Decent fig based fragrance with average longevity and projection. I prefer Philosykos EDP. 6.5/10

Sud Magnolia by Atelier Cologne

A floral fragrance that smells pretty good. Refreshing orange and rose make for one that needs to be checked out. Leans more to the feminine side, but I could pull this one off. 7/10