Reviews by sjg3839

Club de Nuit Intense by Armaf

Smells just like Noir de Noir by Tom Ford. The only difference is the drydown. I don't get that smooth chocolate and vanilla drydown. A damn good clone though.
18th January, 2017

Arpège pour Homme by Lanvin

Sweet and slightly spiced vanilla. Reminds me of Michael Jordan Legend and little bit. Not bad, just a little too sweet for me.
15th January, 2017

Russian Leather by Memo

Definitely a green leather that is more unisex IMO. Kind of boring but pretty safe.
05th January, 2017 (last edited: 04th August, 2017)

African Leather by Memo

This one is slightly sweeter than Irish leather. Reminds me of a combination of light leather mixed with Allure Homme for some reason. Be careful with the sprays on these Memo leathers. Pretty beastly.
05th January, 2017 (last edited: 17th January, 2017)

No. 22 Parfum by Chanel

The jasmine was the first thing that I noticed with this one. Feminine, but can be pulled off by a confident fellow. A nice dose of ylang-ylang and rose is in this also. Slightly soapy and lasts all day. Pretty good.
05th January, 2017

Irish Leather by Memo

A smokey berry leather that is pretty good. Longevity is a beast. Perfect for the late fall through winter. Might invest in a bottle of this one.
05th January, 2017

Halston 1-12 by Halston

This has a slight retro vibe, but warranted for today's taste. Green, lemon and pine is the first thing that came to mind on the initial spray. There's much more that kicks in through the mid-notes and drydown though. The vanilla and amber creep up quickly. I see why this has been around for this long. Non-offensive and all around masculine fragrance.
27th December, 2016

18.21 Sweet Tobacco by 18.21 Man Made

A lot of hype has been done on this one lately. It's ok, but I guess it's just been done so many times before, it takes a lot to impress me at this point. Better than Tobacco Vanille and Pure Havane?...Not at all, but it is in the vein of Perry Ellis Black Vanilla Oud. 7/10
20th December, 2016

Les Exceptions : Cuir Impertinent by Thierry Mugler

The vanilla seems to be the main player in CI. Cooler weather fragrance with a touch of amber and fresh Tobacco. There are plenty other leather fragrances I would purchase instead though.
18th December, 2016

Raghba by Lattafa

Very sweet vanilla and woody fragrance. Can get cloying if overspayed. Has that 24 Gold vibe. Not bad at all for the price! 7/10
01st December, 2016

Tom Ford Extreme by Tom Ford

A smooth chocolate and leather with a touch of spices and woods. Pretty nice fragrance IMO. Like the caramel background in this. 7/10
16th October, 2016

Perry Ellis Aqua Extreme by Perry Ellis

Average aquatic. Nothing special about this one. Smelled it many times before. Projection and longevity are average.
13th October, 2016

Replica Beach Walk by Martin Margiela

This and Tom Ford's Soleil Blanc smell very similar. A slightly fruity Jasmine with a soapy background. It also has a coconut vibe in this as well. Seems like Tom Ford copied off Replica on this one. More on the feminine side IMO.
03rd October, 2016

Mr. Burberry by Burberry

This would have been rated much higher if it was done years ago. Smelled this a hundred times. Generic citrus base with wood dry down. Don't get me wrong, this is a decent scent but not something I would reach for often. 6.5/10
03rd October, 2016

White Collection : Rain by Commodity

Light citrus with a touch of greenness which is ok ,but not something I see myself purchasing. Not cloying at all, so you can spray away. I see this as more of a summer scent.

Replica By the Fireplace by Martin Margiela

Reminds me of an updated version of Michael Jordan Legend (not as sweet though). Can that be a bad thing? Of course not! But the vanilla gourmand thing has been done quite a lot. Don't get me wrong, I like the fragrance. If you don't have any vanilla dominated fragrances, this would be a good look for you. 7.5/10

Replica At the Barber's by Martin Margiela

Bona fide barbershop fragrance. Doesn't show on the notes, but it seems like there is a licorice or rhubarb note in this. Nice fragrance nonetheless. The Basil note brings out a zesty zing in this one. Worth checking out. 7.5/10

Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford

At first, I picked up orange blossom along with jasmine. The ladies will love this one. I'm kind of surprised this is listed as a unisex scent. But in today's fragrance world, everything is fair game. Reminds me of a tropical based scent for women. Nice scent, just slighty too feminine for me. 6.5/10

Decadence by Marc Jacobs

When I read the notes, I thought it would be a very feminine fragrance. That wasn't the case. I actually thought this was a pretty good unisex type fragrance. A man can surely pull this one off. The rose seems to suppress the other notes to keep it kind of unisex. It also has a cedar note (not listed) in there as well as the light vetiver note. Job well done MJ.

Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate by Hermès

Reminds me a lot of Fico Di Amalfi. FDI smells better IMO. Overall, it's not a bad scent. 6.5/10
25th September, 2016

Neroli Portofino Acqua by Tom Ford

First of all, I'm a big fan of Neroli Portifino. This basically smells just like NP. If there is a difference, it may be that NPA is slightly denser than NP. Great Spring and Summer gem.
23rd September, 2016

Poivre Colonial by Phaedon

Didn't care for this one. Whatever sour note that's in this is off-putting. Just not my style. Too much going on with this one.

Myths Man by Amouage

Strong smokey leather. Can't say it's a bad fragrance, it's just not my style. Above average projection and longevity.

Eight & Bob by Eight & Bob

Slightly soapy with a retro twist, this one is not bad at all. The vanilla kicks in very fast with a light citrus background. I feel this is definitely overpriced. If it wasn't, I would probably purchase a bottle.

Replica Jazz Club by Martin Margiela

Very nice! Smooth gourmand type fragrance. The first thing that came to mind was a glass of cream or root beer soda. Not heavy or cloying like a lot of fragrances in this category. May be a future purchase.
09th September, 2016

Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford

I am giving this a thumbs up because I am a fan of Tuscan Leather. Smells like a lighter version of TL (not a bad thing at all).OL smells so much like TL, I actually thought the SA was playing a trick on me when I smelled it. If Tuscan Leather is too strong for you, this may solve the problem.
09th September, 2016

L'Eau The One by Dolce & Gabbana

Fruity and slightly floral gem the ladies should enjoy. Starts out too feminine for me, but a decent fragrance nonetheless.

Straight to Heaven by By Kilian

Boozy Nutmeg with a wooden drydown. Just not my style.

Velvet Curaçao by PK Perfumes

Different. Very different. Jasmine and violet blast with an orange background . Kind of gives off a grape vibe. Hard to explain this one. Not a bad scent at all though.

Eterno by Vince Camuto

Citrus and mint that actually smells OK. Calms down to a wooden vibe. The price won't hurt the pockets either. 7/10
05th September, 2016 (last edited: 04th September, 2016)