Reviews by sjg3839

Santal Blush by Tom Ford

A slightly spicy fragrance with a nice sandalwood base. Has an expensive soap vibe. I actually didn't think I would like this before I sprayed it on my skin. Turned out to be pretty good. A nice rose note with a hint of musk is in this as well. For the price, I would have to decline though. I believe you can find much better at a better price.

White Suede by Tom Ford

When I initially sprayed, I thought it would be a winner. After about 30 minutes, I could barely smell it. A light chemical concoction very poor projection and longevity. Really wouldn't know when to wear this one. 6.5/10

Bergamote Soleil by Atelier Cologne

Dry citrus with a cleaner solution at first spray. Calms down to a slightly bitter citrus fragrance. Not bad, just not for me.

Les Ephémères: Poivre Bengale by Brécourt

Again...quality ingredients, just not blended correctly. Leather, spices and going in too many directions.

Les Ephémères: Rosa Gallica by Brécourt

Quality rose. Just seems to be missing something. This happens to be very wearable though. Unisex IMO. The myrrh and light musk is a good touch though.

Les Ephémères: Oud Santal by Brécourt

Not a big fan of the medicinal type of oud, so this would be a pass for me. A big does of quality leather is in this as well. Seems like they tried to overdue it with this one. If you are a fan of Encre Noire, you may like this one.

Les Ephémères: Osmanthus Guilin by Brécourt

I get an orange blossom with jasmine mix at first sniff. I also get a light tea note with a big hit of violet. Nothing special, but a decent fragrance indeed. 6.5/10

Agaressence by Brécourt

Rose with a touch of a agarwood, which makes this fragrance fruity and woody. A little too feminine for me. 7/10

Contre Pouvoir by Brécourt

Lightly spiced wood that smells like something I smelled before. I get a earthy note in this. A light citrus note with a touch of musk. Not bad at all. 7/10

L'Amoureuse by Brécourt

Starts out as a jasmine bomb. A fruit note kicks in shortly for a fragrance the ladies will probably enjoy wearing. Nothing new with this one.

Mauvais Garçon by Brécourt

Vanilla gourmand that has been done many times before. In the reins of Michael Jordan Legend and Rochas Man.

Eau Libre by Brécourt

Aquatic with a touch of mint. Not a bad fragrance, but it's nothing special either. This will work well in warmer weather.

Ambre Noir by Brécourt

I may be slightly bias with Ambre Noir being that I'm a big fan of amber. Smells a lot like Ambre Premier by Jovoy. Kind of strong at the initial spray, but smooths down to a creamy vanilla and amber fragrance with a touch of light musk.

Off to Ibiza by Brécourt

Fruity with a light touch of citrus.The ladies will like this one. Not my style but it's a decent fragrance. 6.5/10

Eau Blanche by Brécourt

Initial spray gives you a major dose of jasmine. The ladies should love this one. The ginger supports this along with the citrus and what seems like a Burberry tea note.
05th August, 2016

Esprit Mondain by Brécourt

Zesty citrus fragrance that will get noticed. The composition of notes was done very well with this one. The wood note kicks in about 30 minutes after the initial spray. Nice job. The black pepper is definitely noticed in this one. 7.5/10
05th August, 2016

Eau Trouble by Brécourt

Nice citrus based fragrance that is slightly powdery and kind of fresh. NBW IMO, but a nice fragrance nonetheless. The Orange Flower is a good touch.7/10
05th August, 2016 (last edited: 04th August, 2016)

Harâm / Farah by Brécourt

Sweet, with a dose of cinnamon and honey this is pretty good. I get a light cherry note in this one. The notes say it contains leather, but I didn't get any in this. Unisex fragrance IMO. 7/10
05th August, 2016 (last edited: 04th August, 2016)

Artek Standard by Comme des Garçons

Metal and wood with a light dash of tea. Sounds strange but this works folks! 8/10

Dulcis in Fundo by Profumum

I get an orange sherbet with that caramelized vanilla and light musk. Pretty pricey, but a nice fragrance nonetheless. Reminds me of Feve Delicieuse without the orange sherbet. 8/10

Eau Radieuse by Humiecki & Graef

Citrusy mint that has a herbal aspect to it. Something very different. I detect a licorice note, but that may be the rhubarb note. Definitely medicinal for the first 10 minutes. I like this, but is does have an acquired smell. Nice for warmer weather. 7/10

Askew by Humiecki & Graef

Two words......Barbershop Leather. Really like this one. Has a retro vibe going on. Reminds me of Rykiel Man, which is another barbershop gem. 7.5/10

Tropical Wood by Montale

A slightly fruity, rose and lightly musky fragrance. Don't get a lot of woods in this one, but it is there. It kicks in during the drydown. Projection and longevity is above average. This can be pulled off nicely in warm weather with about two sprays. 7.5/10

Aoud Lagoon by Montale

I would consider this one a fruity and floral oud.The Lotus Flower gives it a feminine vibe, but can be pulled off by the fellas as well. After all, this is Basenotes. 7/10

Bulgari Man Black Cologne by Bulgari

A different take on orange blossom. It really has a nice kick of it on the initial spray. The ladies can really enjoy wearing this as well due to that prominent orange note. The light greenness is what balances it out to unisex fragrance. Perfect for a nice cool spring or summer evening outing. 6.5/10

Chance Eau Vive by Chanel

The jasmine note really shines in this one. A feminine fragrance indeed. Slightly citrus (mandarine or orange)fragrance with light green and musky drydown.

Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme Intense by Dolce & Gabbana

Not bad, but I don't see myself purchasing a bottle. Kind of sweet and slightly fruity (not my style). Unisex, but leaning slightly more towards feminine.

Coco Noir by Chanel

The tonka and rose really stand out in this one. More feminine than masculine IMO, but a nice fragrance nonetheless. 7.5/10

Honour Man by Amouage

Slightly spicey and woody, Honour Man reminded me of Journey Man. Has a retro vibe going on. The pepper in this is very good. Projection and longevity are great. Typical Amouage, but one I really like. 8/10

This Is Not A Blue Bottle by Histoires de Parfums

Summer gem! Starts out with a floral and fruity vibe. The honey note does this fragrance well. Not too much honey that would make it a sweet mess, but just enough. At first, I didn't think the longevity would last past 4 hours. I got about 6 hours with this one. This scent comes and goes throughout the day. 7/10
20th June, 2016