Reviews by sjg3839

Eau Radieuse by Humiecki & Graef

Citrusy mint that has a herbal aspect to it. Something very different. I detect a licorice note, but that may be the rhubarb note. Definitely medicinal for the first 10 minutes. I like this, but is does have an acquired smell. Nice for warmer weather. 7/10

Askew by Humiecki & Graef

Two words......Barbershop Leather. Really like this one. Has a retro vibe going on. Reminds me of Rykiel Man, which is another barbershop gem. 7.5/10

Tropical Wood by Montale

A slightly fruity, rose and lightly musky fragrance. Don't get a lot of woods in this one, but it is there. It kicks in during the drydown. Projection and longevity is above average. This can be pulled off nicely in warm weather with about two sprays. 7.5/10

Aoud Lagoon by Montale

I would consider this one a fruity and floral oud.The Lotus Flower gives it a feminine vibe, but can be pulled off by the fellas as well. After all, this is Basenotes. 7/10

Bulgari Man Black Cologne by Bulgari

A different take on orange blossom. It really has a nice kick of it on the initial spray. The ladies can really enjoy wearing this as well due to that prominent orange note. The light greenness is what balances it out to unisex fragrance. Perfect for a nice cool spring or summer evening outing. 6.5/10

Chance Eau Vive by Chanel

The jasmine note really shines in this one. A feminine fragrance indeed. Slightly citrus (mandarine or orange)fragrance with light green and musky drydown.

Dolce & Gabbana Pour Femme Intense by Dolce & Gabbana

Not bad, but I don't see myself purchasing a bottle. Kind of sweet and slightly fruity (not my style). Unisex, but leaning slightly more towards feminine.

Coco Noir by Chanel

The tonka and rose really stand out in this one. More feminine than masculine IMO, but a nice fragrance nonetheless. 7.5/10

Honour Man by Amouage

Slightly spicey and woody, Honour Man reminded me of Journey Man. Has a retro vibe going on. The pepper in this is very good. Projection and longevity are great. Typical Amouage, but one I really like. 8/10

This Is Not A Blue Bottle by Histoires de Parfums

Summer gem! Starts out with a floral and fruity vibe. The honey note does this fragrance well. Not too much honey that would make it a sweet mess, but just enough. At first, I didn't think the longevity would last past 4 hours. I got about 6 hours with this one. This scent comes and goes throughout the day. 7/10
20th June, 2016

Perry Ellis Oud : Black Vanilla Absolute by Perry Ellis

Had doubts when I initially purchased. Yeah, I got caught up in the hype. This fragrance was better than expected. A beautiful and lightly boozy concoction with just the right dose of vanilla and amber. This is one you should get or at least sample. I doubt you will be disappointed. 7.5/10
26th May, 2016 (last edited: 07th November, 2016)

Legend Spirit by Montblanc

Slightly aquatic and sweet make for a decent and generic fragrance. Not bad, but I don't see myself purchasing a bottle of this. I know I smelled this before, but just can't remember what it smells like. 6.5/10
22nd May, 2016

L'Homme Ultime by Yves Saint Laurent

Has that L'Homme ginger DNA. I actually enjoyed sampling this one. Only got a very small hint of rose. Has a nice hint of citrus in this as well. A possible future purchase.
22nd May, 2016

Bel Ami Vetiver by Hermès

Smells a lot like the 2nd version of Bel Ami. Nice idea, but I think a stronger vetiver note should have been added. Just to similar to the 2nd version IMO. Overall a nice fragrance indeed but if you own the original, I don't feel the need to own the vetiver version. 7.5/10
11th May, 2016

Lalique White by Lalique

I had this gem for a few years and forgot to review it. One of the best for the price. A blind buy for sure. Starts out with a blast of violet and pepper. Calms down to a wood fragrance with that fresh violet still kicking. A beautiful citrus exists in this gem as well. 8.5/10
20th April, 2016

Infusion de Fleur d'Oranger by Prada

Didn't think much of this one when it was received in a swap. Man , was I mistaken. This will get a lot of wears in the warmer weather. The jasmine and neroli jumps out at you, accompanied by the orange blossom note caught my attention after the first spray. My girlfriend likes this one also. Better watch my back. Lol
03rd April, 2016

Pardon by Nasomatto

Lightly woody and spicy gem that does smell similar to L'Instant. Warning : This gem lasts all day! No more than 3 sprays. Wish it had a little more chocolate though. 8/10
03rd April, 2016

Vetiver by Guerlain

Starts out with a light citrus vibe. This is for folks who don't like the heavier earthy vetiver fragrances. Turns into a wood and light tobacco gem. Time to pick up a bottle.
02nd April, 2016

Lonesome Rider by Tauer

Dusty leather with a touch of floral notes. The incense and smokiness is top notch. Morphs into a lightly woody scent with a hint of vetiver. I notice just a light (very light) touch of rose. Overall, this is a nice fall and winter scent that will gain a lot of people's attention. 7.5/10
09th March, 2016 (last edited: 10th March, 2016)

Dior Homme Sport (2012) by Christian Dior

Not bad, but not as good as the 2008 version. Still one to have in the collection. This is a summer gem IMO. The Projection and Longevity is average, but a winner nonetheless. 8/10
04th March, 2016 (last edited: 05th July, 2016)

Dior Homme Sport (original) by Christian Dior

Energetic, zesty with a beautiful citrus and sandalwood combination. 8.5/10
04th March, 2016

A*Men Pure Tonka by Thierry Mugler

First of all, this is really nice. A combination of Pure Coffee and a toned down A*Men. Not a lot of tar and patchouli, which makes this smoother than the other flankers. If I had to say what it reminds me of, Fève Délicieuse would be the first thing that comes to mind. Longevity and projection are average. 8/10
20th February, 2016

L'Humaniste by Frapin

Starts out as a citrus fragrance and morphs into a very nice floral fragrance. The pepper and tonka are great additions of notes in this one. A lot of folks complain about longevity issues with this one. I get at least 7 hours with this gem. 8/10
16th February, 2016

Tabac Tabou by Parfum d'Empire

Nice cold weather scent. I actually like the animalic notes in this one. Nice touch. The leather and tobacco added with this would make you think this would be a mess. Far from that. Not a full bottle purchase for me, but I would get a decant though.
04th February, 2016

Incense Oud by By Kilian

Coming from a person who is kind of tired of the rose - oud combos, I really liked this one. For it to have so many notes, it's pretty tamed. Looks like a future purchase. 8/10
04th February, 2016

Bleu de Chanel Eau de Parfum by Chanel

Smells like the edt version. The difference is that the edp version is slightly darker and richer. This has a slight wood note as well. Nice. 8/10
03rd February, 2016

Acqua di Giò Essenza by Giorgio Armani

Like this one. Slightly greener with more wood (as compared to the original).Projection and longevity is great.7/10
03rd February, 2016

Dolcelisir by L'Erbolario

This one is a steal for the price. Cherry tobacco with a few light spices. Reminds me a lot of Pure Havane. 8/10
31st January, 2016

Eau Duelle Eau de Toilette by Diptyque

Slightly spiced beautiful vanilla. Done! 8/10
30th January, 2016

Bottega Veneta by Bottega Veneta

Feminine for sure. The main note I get in this one are jasmine, lily of the valley with a touch of bergamot. Kind of powdery, but a nice fragrance nonetheless. 7/10
29th January, 2016