Reviews by sjg3839

This Is Not A Blue Bottle by Histoires de Parfums

Summer gem! Starts out with a floral and fruity vibe. The honey note does this fragrance well. Not too much honey that would make it a sweet mess, but just enough. At first, I didn't think the longevity would last past 4 hours. I got about 6 hours with this one. This scent comes and goes throughout the day. 7/10
20th June, 2016

Perry Ellis Oud : Black Vanilla Absolute by Perry Ellis

Had doubts when I initially purchased. Yeah, I got caught up in the hype. This fragrance was better than expected. A beautiful and lightly boozy concoction with just the right dose of vanilla and amber. This is one you should get or at least sample. I doubt you will be disappointed. 7.5/10
26th May, 2016 (last edited: 07th November, 2016)

Legend Spirit by Montblanc

Slightly aquatic and sweet make for a decent and generic fragrance. Not bad, but I don't see myself purchasing a bottle of this. I know I smelled this before, but just can't remember what it smells like. 6.5/10
22nd May, 2016

L'Homme Ultime by Yves Saint Laurent

Has that L'Homme ginger DNA. I actually enjoyed sampling this one. Only got a very small hint of rose. Has a nice hint of citrus in this as well. A possible future purchase.
22nd May, 2016

Bel Ami Vetiver by Hermès

Smells a lot like the 2nd version of Bel Ami. Nice idea, but I think a stronger vetiver note should have been added. Just to similar to the 2nd version IMO. Overall a nice fragrance indeed but if you own the original, I don't feel the need to own the vetiver version. 7.5/10
11th May, 2016

Lalique White by Lalique

I had this gem for a few years and forgot to review it. One of the best for the price. A blind buy for sure. Starts out with a blast of violet and pepper. Calms down to a wood fragrance with that fresh violet still kicking. A beautiful citrus exists in this gem as well. 8.5/10
20th April, 2016

Infusion de Fleur d'Oranger by Prada

Didn't think much of this one when it was received in a swap. Man , was I mistaken. This will get a lot of wears in the warmer weather. The jasmine and neroli jumps out at you, accompanied by the orange blossom note caught my attention after the first spray. My girlfriend likes this one also. Better watch my back. Lol
03rd April, 2016

Pardon by Nasomatto

Lightly woody and spicy gem that does smell similar to L'Instant. Warning : This gem lasts all day! No more than 3 sprays. Wish it had a little more chocolate though. 8/10
03rd April, 2016

Vetiver by Guerlain

Starts out with a light citrus vibe. This is for folks who don't like the heavier earthy vetiver fragrances. Turns into a wood and light tobacco gem. Time to pick up a bottle.
02nd April, 2016

Lonesome Rider by Tauer

Dusty leather with a touch of floral notes. The incense and smokiness is top notch. Morphs into a lightly woody scent with a hint of vetiver. I notice just a light (very light) touch of rose. Overall, this is a nice fall and winter scent that will gain a lot of people's attention. 7.5/10
09th March, 2016 (last edited: 10th March, 2016)

Dior Homme Sport (2012) by Christian Dior

Not bad, but not as good as the 2008 version. Still one to have in the collection. This is a summer gem IMO. The Projection and Longevity is average, but a winner nonetheless. 8/10
04th March, 2016 (last edited: 05th July, 2016)

Dior Homme Sport (original) by Christian Dior

Energetic, zesty with a beautiful citrus and sandalwood combination. 8.5/10
04th March, 2016

A*Men Pure Tonka by Thierry Mugler

First of all, this is really nice. A combination of Pure Coffee and a toned down A*Men. Not a lot of tar and patchouli, which makes this smoother than the other flankers. If I had to say what it reminds me of, Fève Délicieuse would be the first thing that comes to mind. Longevity and projection are average. 8/10
20th February, 2016

L'Humaniste by Frapin

Starts out as a citrus fragrance and morphs into a very nice floral fragrance. The pepper and tonka are great additions of notes in this one. A lot of folks complain about longevity issues with this one. I get at least 7 hours with this gem. 8/10
16th February, 2016

Tabac Tabou by Parfum d'Empire

Nice cold weather scent. I actually like the animalic notes in this one. Nice touch. The leather and tobacco added with this would make you think this would be a mess. Far from that. Not a full bottle purchase for me, but I would get a decant though.
04th February, 2016

Incense Oud by By Kilian

Coming from a person who is kind of tired of the rose - oud combos, I really liked this one. For it to have so many notes, it's pretty tamed. Looks like a future purchase. 8/10
04th February, 2016

Bleu de Chanel Eau de Parfum by Chanel

Smells like the edt version. The difference is that the edp version is slightly darker and richer. This has a slight wood note as well. Nice. 8/10
03rd February, 2016

Acqua di Giò Essenza by Giorgio Armani

Like this one. Slightly greener with more wood (as compared to the original).Projection and longevity is great.7/10
03rd February, 2016

Dolcelisir by L'Erbolario

This one is a steal for the price. Cherry tobacco with a few light spices. Reminds me a lot of Pure Havane. 8/10
31st January, 2016

Eau Duelle by Diptyque

Slightly spiced beautiful vanilla. Done! 8/10
30th January, 2016

Bottega Veneta by Bottega Veneta

Feminine for sure. The main note I get in this one are jasmine, lily of the valley with a touch of bergamot. Kind of powdery, but a nice fragrance nonetheless. 7/10
29th January, 2016

Pegasus by Parfums de Marly

Nothing groundbreaking, but it's ok. A strong almond note with a synthetic background of vanilla and a hint of sandalwood. For the price, there are better fragrances out there that would impress the consumers taste.
09th January, 2016 (last edited: 09th November, 2016)

Vie de Château Intense by Nicolaï

Citrusy, floral and slightly green is the initial thing that comes to mind.Leans more on the feminine side IMO. The greenness of the fragrance helps maintain the masculinity of the fragrance. Cooler weather fragrance. 6.5/10

Dia Man by Amouage

Floral mixed with a touch of leather (Sort of has a body sweat odor effect. Not a bad fragrance, just not my style. 6.5/10

Darley by Parfums de Marly

Got a nice dose of orange blossom followed by a bit of sandalwood. Semi - sweet and seems slightly feminine. As previously mentioned, I do get a talcum power vibe as well. Nice fragrance, but not worth the price IMO. 6.5/10

The One for Men Eau de Parfum by Dolce & Gabbana

If you like the EDT version, you should like this as well. Ginger, grapefruit, tobacco and a touch of orange blossom gives you a remake of the original EDT. THE EDP version is slightly thicker and the longevity is just slightly better (not by much though ). Got a 5.0 bottle for a great price. 8/10
02nd January, 2016

Bal d'Afrique by Byredo

Fruity and kind of too sweet for me. The ladies might like this one. Just not my style. Projection and longevity are average. 6.5/10

Update: Had a change of heart with Bal D'Afrique. Wore this a few times within the past few weeks. The vetiver in this fragrance sneeks up on you. I still believe the ladies will love wearing this. Starts out pretty sweet, but calms down with sweetness in about 20 minutes or so. The citrus and vetiver in this make it perfect for warmer weather.7.5/10

Update (7-12-16): Wore this quite a few more times and I am really digging it. Light musk and citrus with a nice dose of vetiver. When I initially sampled this, it was cooler and I was unable to get what makes this one as good as it is. This is perfect for the summer.
27th December, 2015 (last edited: 12th July, 2016)

Gingembre by Roger & Gallet

Light neroli that starts out slightly soapy upon initial spray. Very little ginger in this one folks. This will rock in the summer though. A hint of florals and light musk make for a decent fragrance. Projection and longevity are below average. 7/10

Velvet Desert Oud by Dolce & Gabbana

Initial spray had an amber and incense combo which lasted for about 10 minutes until the synthetic oud (not bad at all) kicked in. Pretty much linear from there (also not a bad thing). Not worth the price IMO, but a nice fragrance that I would purchase if the price was lower. 7.5/10

Bleecker Street by Bond No. 9

Nice violet blast on the initial spray. The patchouli calms down the composition to a decent wood, amber and vanilla fragrance. Not bad, but not worth the price IMO.