Reviews by sjg3839

Straight to Heaven by By Kilian

Boozy Nutmeg with a wooden drydown. Just not my style.
05th September, 2016

Velvet Curaçao by PK Perfumes

Different. Very different. Jasmine and violet blast with an orange background . Kind of gives off a grape vibe. Hard to explain this one. Not a bad scent at all though.
05th September, 2016

Eterno by Vince Camuto

Citrus and mint that actually smells OK. Calms down to a wooden vibe. The price won't hurt the pockets either. 7/10

Perry Ellis Red by Perry Ellis

Strong, fruity and will get noticed. Go easy with the sprays folks. Club material IMO.

Orchid Soleil by Tom Ford

Orange and vanilla with a floral cake batter vibe. I now that doesn't make sense, but that's the first thing that comes to mind. Too feminine for me, but something the ladies should check out.

Tobacco Oud by Tom Ford

Amber Absolute. First thing that came to mind. A berry or whiskey note was added to this, but it's still too close to Amber Absolute to be considered original. Has that skanky note (castoreum) that only last for about 20 minutes or so. Nice tobacco note but I didn't get any oud. Got a synthetic note or two that resembled wood. A nice fragrance, but if you own Amber Absolute, I don't feel there is a need to own this unless you are collecting the Private Blend arsenal.
18th August, 2016 (last edited: 05th April, 2017)

Shanghai Lily by Tom Ford

Floral with light spices, it was a little too feminine for me. The ladies, on the other hand will really enjoy this. Just couldn't pull this one off.
18th August, 2016 (last edited: 25th October, 2016)

Patchouli Absolu by Tom Ford

Wood lovers, this is for you. The patchouli is in the background peeking out though. Winter and Fall fragrance. 7/10

Orange Sanguine by Atelier Cologne

Slightly sweet overpriced orange fragrance. Seems to have a light coconut vibe in this (probably the Tonka Bean). A nice fragrance indeed with average longevity and projection. 8/10

Champaca Absolute by Tom Ford

Floral with too much going on. Sweet, soapy and just not my style. A sample is far as I would go with this one. 6/10

Figuier Ardent by Atelier Cologne

Decent fig based fragrance with average longevity and projection. I prefer Philosykos EDP. 6.5/10

Sud Magnolia by Atelier Cologne

A floral fragrance that smells pretty good. Refreshing orange and rose make for one that needs to be checked out. Leans more to the feminine side, but I could pull this one off. 7/10

Rive d'Ambre by Tom Ford

Citrus (seems like orange) with a nice amber note, accompanied with light musk. Not bad, just not worth the price. 7/10

Santal Blush by Tom Ford

A slightly spicy fragrance with a nice sandalwood base. Has an expensive soap vibe. I actually didn't think I would like this before I sprayed it on my skin. Turned out to be pretty good. A nice rose note with a hint of musk is in this as well. For the price, I would have to decline though. I believe you can find much better at a better price.

White Suede by Tom Ford

When I initially sprayed, I thought it would be a winner. After about 30 minutes, I could barely smell it. A light chemical concoction very poor projection and longevity. Really wouldn't know when to wear this one. 6.5/10

Bergamote Soleil by Atelier Cologne

Dry citrus with a cleaner solution at first spray. Calms down to a slightly bitter citrus fragrance. Not bad, just not for me.

Les Ephémères: Poivre Bengale by Brécourt

Again...quality ingredients, just not blended correctly. Leather, spices and going in too many directions.

Les Ephémères: Rosa Gallica by Brécourt

Quality rose. Just seems to be missing something. This happens to be very wearable though. Unisex IMO. The myrrh and light musk is a good touch though.

Les Ephémères: Oud Santal by Brécourt

Not a big fan of the medicinal type of oud, so this would be a pass for me. A big does of quality leather is in this as well. Seems like they tried to overdue it with this one. If you are a fan of Encre Noire, you may like this one.

Les Ephémères: Osmanthus Guilin by Brécourt

I get an orange blossom with jasmine mix at first sniff. I also get a light tea note with a big hit of violet. Nothing special, but a decent fragrance indeed. 6.5/10

Agaressence by Brécourt

Rose with a touch of a agarwood, which makes this fragrance fruity and woody. A little too feminine for me. 7/10

Contre Pouvoir by Brécourt

Lightly spiced wood that smells like something I smelled before. I get a earthy note in this. A light citrus note with a touch of musk. Not bad at all. 7/10

L'Amoureuse by Brécourt

Starts out as a jasmine bomb. A fruit note kicks in shortly for a fragrance the ladies will probably enjoy wearing. Nothing new with this one.

Mauvais Garçon by Brécourt

Vanilla gourmand that has been done many times before. In the reins of Michael Jordan Legend and Rochas Man.

Eau Libre by Brécourt

Aquatic with a touch of mint. Not a bad fragrance, but it's nothing special either. This will work well in warmer weather.

Ambre Noir by Brécourt

I may be slightly bias with Ambre Noir being that I'm a big fan of amber. Smells a lot like Ambre Premier by Jovoy. Kind of strong at the initial spray, but smooths down to a creamy vanilla and amber fragrance with a touch of light musk.

Off to Ibiza by Brécourt

Fruity with a light touch of citrus.The ladies will like this one. Not my style but it's a decent fragrance. 6.5/10

Eau Blanche by Brécourt

Initial spray gives you a major dose of jasmine. The ladies should love this one. The ginger supports this along with the citrus and what seems like a Burberry tea note.
05th August, 2016

Esprit Mondain by Brécourt

Zesty citrus fragrance that will get noticed. The composition of notes was done very well with this one. The wood note kicks in about 30 minutes after the initial spray. Nice job. The black pepper is definitely noticed in this one. 7.5/10
05th August, 2016

Eau Trouble by Brécourt

Nice citrus based fragrance that is slightly powdery and kind of fresh. NBW IMO, but a nice fragrance nonetheless. The Orange Flower is a good touch.7/10
05th August, 2016 (last edited: 04th August, 2016)