Reviews by chrisaxp

Uomini by O Boticário

I just received this as a gift and I really like it. The opening is a tad strong for me - very citrusy, but that didn't last long, the dry down is wonderful. This is a wonderfully refreshing scent. It reminds me of a sunny summer afternoon in a lemon grove.

24 February, 2013

Spicebomb by Viktor & Rolf

I just bought this over the weekend after having samples for a few months. I really like this scent. The initial notes are spicy and peppery and it warms down to a simple vetiver and leather.

It brings to mind an image of a second date. You already know this woman a bit and you want to draw her in closer so you can see if there is a spark there. Definitely a recommended buy!

19 December, 2012

Unbreakable Joy by Khloé and Lamar

I usually am turned off by the thought of celebrity fragrances and most of them smell pretty awful, however I was intrigued by the initial talk of this being a holiday scent so I bought it online to give it a whirl. My first impression of this scent is "simple" and then "happy".

The scent is very rich and creamy. The strongest notes are chocolate, vanilla, and champagne. The floral notes are in there but the big three overpower them.

The image that this brings to mind to me is sitting in front of a fireplace while the snow is falling having champagne and chocolate.

It isn't a fantastic scent, it isn't amazing, but it is nice and the inexpensive price is nice.

17 November, 2012

Old Spice by Procter & Gamble

Such a classic scent I have the reformulation and it doesn't seem that much different than the older version. There is this initial blast of cleanliness like an old time barber shop shaving lotion, then resolved down to a very warm spicy little number. It lasts a long long time.

The picture it paints for me is this: Family, Fall, relaxation in front of a fireplace, warm sweaters and crisp air.

Every man should have this in the collection.

(Application - 5 medium sprays, neck, arms, chest) This may have been a touch too much, but not overwhelmingly so.

24 October, 2012

Royal English Leather by Creed

This is the smell of success, of victory, of accomplishment, of confidence. It is a strong scent, but not in an overtly sexual way. The picture it brings to mind is that of a man surveying his world and knowing that he is the master of not only what he sees but of himself.

The initial mandarin smell is strong but only lasts long enough to remind you that there is more to life than the leather of the bottom tones. There is beauty in this world that you have mastered, and you need to take the time to stop and examine it.

This scent had a powerful impact on me and I will find a way to add it to my collection.

16 October, 2012

Black by Kenneth Cole

The first time I smelled this in the mall, I was not impressed. It just felt very "meh". I got a deal on a bottle and wore it today for the firs time and have changed my mind. It started out kind of floral and minty, too much for my taste, but that didn't last too long it settled into the middle tones and base tones (mostly the incense smoke and the suede). It lasted for a long long time and I really enjoyed wearing this. I think I would reserve this for cold or cool weather, but overall I would recommend this as a good middle of the road scent.

12 October, 2012

Pink Sugar by Aquolina

I smelled this today at Sephora and it was horrible. too sweet, too strong, and too loud. If perfumes paint a picture, this painted a picture of a cheap stripper eating cotton candy.

06 October, 2012

Givenchy Play Intense by Givenchy

I hadn't worn this scent in a while but this summer I put it back into my daily mix. I love the initial intensity and the dry down into labdanum is really enjoyable. I know some people hate the bottle, but I actually like it quite a bit. It feels "cool" to hold. I will purchase this again when it runs out. Longevity - good, projection - good.

30th August, 2012

Eau Sauvage Fraîcheur Cuir by Christian Dior

Initial impression: It is a very strange combination of citris and leather. Initially it seemed weak (hence the extra chest spray) but then it became very strong and the leather and Cedar came out clearly. It is now 7 hours later, and I had an active day in a hot room, and the fragrance is still present. It is now much more subtle and more citrusy.

Great Longevity on this scent. I do need a woman's opinion on this one before I make a purchase decision.
    I did notice that when I was perspiring there was a metalic smell that is not present now.

26 August, 2012 (Last Edited: 13 September, 2012)

Nautica Blue by Nautica

I got this for under $10.00 on Amazon and I have enjoyed it this summer. It is light, very citrusy and floral. It is a good "workhorse scent" for the hottest days of the year. I wear it on hot summer days when I have had enough acqua di gio. I really enjoyed it later in the evening after a work out and a shower, it was very refreshing. Well worth $10.00, but I wouldn't spend more than $20.00

26 August, 2012

Coffee Man Seduction by O Boticário

A female friend of mine with ties to Brazil bought me a bottle of this for Christmas last year. The Bergamot and the Nutmeg are very strong in the top and as it fades down the Vanilla and Coffee become more dominant. I do not smell the Lily of the Valley at all, but the other mid tones are there.

I like this scent very much every thing blends very well. I generally wear this at night to a bar or on a date, and have had many compliments. Because it is somewhat hard to find in the US, it is a very distinct scent and I have had several woman who have seen me when I am wearing something else ask me why I didn't wear "that sexy cologne you were wearing last time".

25 August, 2012 (Last Edited: 31st August, 2012)