Reviews by KSG

KSG's avatar
    KSG

Essential by Lacoste

Very nice, fresh and clean, nothing special but nothing offensive here either. Great for spring or summer when i'm not sure what to wear or just for casual use. One of the better offerings from lacoste

02nd April, 2013

Paul Smith Extreme Men by Paul Smith

Smells like a mess to me. Not my cup of tea.

07th September, 2012

DKNY Be Delicious Men by Donna Karan

Blind bought this, poor longevity and silage. doesn't really stand out and doesn't smell great at all in my opinion. Hard to pick out notes in this. I can't distinguish a fresh apple note. Still got a full 50ml bottle. In addition the sprayer is very poor. Don't waste your money on this one

05th September, 2012

L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme Sport by Issey Miyake

Not really anything special here, got my hands on a sample and tried it out. Poor projection and longevity. Not unpleasant to my nose but I much prefer the original. Better options on the market if you're looking for this kind of frag.

04th September, 2012

Kokorico by Jean Paul Gaultier

Not offensive but all i really get from this is a spicy vibe not a big fan and won't be purchasing a bottle, there are much better frags on the market for the pricetag

01st September, 2012

Acqua di Giò pour Homme by Giorgio Armani

Lol first smelled this in Debenhams at first i found the opening a bit strong but after the initial spray it settles down to an amazing scent perfect for clubbing even though it's old i don't smell this one around much on friends, family or in clubs. One of the very best aquatics in my opinion!

01st September, 2012

212 VIP Men by Carolina Herrera

A better version of 1 million in my opinion and much less popular so if you like 1 million but don't want to smell like everyone else then give this a shot! Off the bat I get the gin tonic and black pepper then as it dries down the leather becomes more prominent and some woods from the base are evident. This is a cool scent which slightly warms up as it dries down but maintains an edge. Unlike 1 million I don't find this cloying. Perfect for daytime use but could easily shine on a night out especially in summer.

31st August, 2012 (Last Edited: 02nd April, 2013)

A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler

Great for cold weather, smelled very strong but bearable at first but once it started to develop i got a really nice blend of caramel vanilla and chocolate. Great projection and longevity. Just be carefull on the sprayer with this one. Well worth a try, just don't blind buy it. The only problem with this is that I can see myself getting bored with it if overused

31st August, 2012 (Last Edited: 02nd April, 2013)

Infusion d'Homme by Prada

Not really my thing, smells like a very expensive soap. I can't really see where you would wear this other than to the office. Inoffensive and safe, not worth the price tag in my opinion.

Black XS by Paco Rabanne

Initially I loved it but it but it quickly became cloying, a very strong synthetic strawberry note became VERY cloying. Good longevity and projection just becomes boring after a while.

Only The Brave by Diesel

A nice frag by Diesel in my opinion nearly gone through a whole bottle. Opens with a fresh clean citrus from the lemon and mandarin in the top. Then as it develops it warms up a bit I get the violet leaves in the mid and then in the dry down I get the Leather accord and a bit of Amber and Cedar wood comes through with it to warm it up. Good longevity and projection as well. Well worth a try.

212 Men by Carolina Herrera

Starts off cool, I get the green grass in the opening and a light citrus, however after i've had it on for an hour or so and it's warm outside the Gardenia shines through for me and adds some warmth and gives a very light floral smell which i enjoyed. A solid classic in my opinion great in summer/spring. decent longevity as well.

212 Men On Ice (2010) by Carolina Herrera

I bought this a few years back and recently went back to it and compared it with the original 212 men. To be honest there's not much difference between the 2. The main thing that sets them apart is that the original 212 men "warms up" slightly and has an almost light floral that develops after a few hours. This summer version for me was very linear and is a colder version of the original. IMO stick with the original.

1 Million by Paco Rabanne

I think this is great in Autumn/Winter. Good longevity and projection. I get a strong blast of blood orange from this in the opening and the grapefruit is noticeable which is pleasant then in the mid i get the leathery vibe not much of the cinnamon which is a good thing for me lol. It dries down to a warm slightly woodsy smell which isn't as sweet as the opening. Good for clubbing, the only downside is that A LOT of people wear this so it won't really stand out from the crowd.

Emporio Armani Remix He by Giorgio Armani

Perfect for Spring/Summer and very reasonably priced. A good one for the younger crowd. Longevity is fairly decent so to get the most out of it i wear it in the heat. Certainly worth a try.

Very Irrésistible for Men by Givenchy

When I first spray this I get the grapefruit zest straight away giving it a sort of citrus smell which then dies down into the background and allows a more dark scent to develop with the mocha coming through after a while and mingling with the citrus in the background which provides an excellent mixture. Then in the dry down i get more of the cedar coming through to give a warm and long lasting scent. Lasts all day on me. I mainly wear it in the winter/ Autumn, I feel it's too heavy for summer.

Emporio Armani City Glam for Him by Giorgio Armani

Personally I enjoy this fragrance although it's now discontinued in the UK i managed to pick up a 30ml bottle last year for around £15. Even though it is nothing groundbreaking or daring i still enjoy it as an evening fragrance it's great for a night out or a summer fragrance. Worth a try in my opinion especially if you like leathery scents.