Reviews by KL863

Gucci pour Homme II by Gucci

Thumbs way up on this one!
This has rapidly become a top 5 fragrance for me. It's just a soft light scent that is warm and inviting. The cinnamon and tea notes really sing well together. One of a few where you can go a little extra on the spray if you want to and not choke people out beyond arms length.

Moderate to good longevity.
Not cloying.

Treat yourself if you ever come across it.
18th September, 2012

Original Santal by Creed

Joop is all this reminds me of. I own Joop and this is so close that it is very hard for me to distinguish the two. Ususally when a house makes a scent that resembles something else I can pick apart subtle differences... not the case here (for me at least)

This has to be my least favorite Creed because of that.
Maybe it's me, but it has all the sweet warm oriental flavors that it has at a fraction of the cost.

Aside from that. OS has got staying power. I can imagine you'd only need one spray given the massive cloud that the Creed triggers give off. This is something that you really do not want to overdo for your sake and for others. It's been 4 hours since I applied some on my forearms and it still projects quite well.

This seems very unisex and I'd much rather smell this on a woman.

I rate this 6/10
08th September, 2012

C for Men by Clive Christian

This was the 1st out of Clive's line that I smelled when I was waiting for a friend wandering through NM. This scent stands out from all others.* (*yes, I know now that Tom Ford had this before Clive did, at the time it was all rainbows and unicorns)

It is a classy fragrance and would be best suited for such activities. With the dark spice and smokiness I'd recommend this as a night time scent. Warm or cool weather would suit it just fine as it's got something for any climate. The leather and smoke notes go great with cooler weather. The raspberry, mandarin and clove go well when the heat is on.

A love at 1st spray type of experience for me. And later, as I found out Tom Ford has Tuscan Leather. It's very close initially. But the dry down and body mixing begin to take their own different roads when you compare the two. If I had to choose between them, I'd go for "C". It just seems to have a bit more going on with it.

I reccomend you try it. Spray it on a card, spray it on your arm. Let it mellow out. It's just fantastic.
04th September, 2012

1872 for Men by Clive Christian

For some reason this cologne suits me. It mixes very well with my chem and projects just right. Grassy, sweet, spice and yes.. buttery. Reviewer below kind of popped my sails when he said that it smelled like butter to him and now it's in the back of my head when I smell it too. Still love this scent though. It has enough green to it that keeps it on the fresh side.

It does not seem to last very long considering the quality ingredients this has inside. I get a good 3-4 hours before it fades to skin level. Which is not always a bad thing. Your honey just has to get closer to whiff you.

This might be a little too "classy" for the masses to appreciate. And for $310 a bottle it is out of those price ranges for sure.

I like this, it makes me happy when I wear it and for a short time I feel like a milliion bucks.
04th September, 2012

Sunset Voyage by Nautica

This is not a bad cologne at all. It's just a scent not to be worn to anything fancy.

It's tropical
It's summer
It's casual

And it dosent try to be anything else.
It does not seem to last a long time and I was suprised to get a compliment 6+ hours into it from a lady standing in line with me.
To the wearer, it just fades quickly but it must linger for others.

Also makes a good room air freshener =)
03rd September, 2012

Tenaz by Daniel de Fasson

Powerful stuff here. Some might find it a bit dated and stuffy. But this is such a beautiful scent to me. It's warm, spicy and masculine. A little goes a LONG way. I usual spray in front of me and walk into the mist. On skin I spray on one wrist and rub it into the other. It really is easy to overdo and seems to be a great cold weather scent.

A shame it is so hard to find now. And it was dirt cheap to get $40 for a 100ml. But I really enjoy this. since it is such a strong frag, a little does go a long way and it makes the current price somewhat reasonable.

I did bump into one other person wearing this and he was absolutly amazed that I knew what he was wearing. It litterally stopped me in my tracks as soon as he passed by me. I turned and caught up to him. He was gracious enough to sell me a full 100ml at a later date for a good price.
03rd September, 2012