Reviews by drewalbright

drewalbright's avatar
    drewalbright

Blu Notte pour Homme by Bulgari

This is quite a unique frag and I think its strength lies in its smoothness... so very smooth... which makes for an elegance all its own. It took me quite some time to determine what I thought of this for myself (a woman), and ultimately with repeated wearings I determined that the ginger and tobacco notes became singularly prevalent on me, a combination which was not to my personal taste, although I generally like tobacco and leather scents.

I'm giving this a neutral as I think people who appreciate ginger could have an interesting journey with this one.

18 October, 2012

Burberry London for Men by Burberry

A wonderfully rich and warm traditional men's fragrance (that drives me pleasantly insane)!

Think horseback riding; think a den with lovely old books and the smell of fine cigar.

With the smooth buttery leather and tobacco wafts of London I envision curling up with a partner in a log cabin in front of a fire. I find it very comforting, warm, and sensual.

This is a classically masculine scent helped by body heat -- the kind of scent I want to nuzzle into on my partner (or wear myself to bring back the memories).

This is a winter scent for sure, more deep, base, buttery and smooth than Burberry Brit (which I find brighter, spicier, and also adore).

For me the leather, tobacco, and pepper predominate and that's why I like it so much, although I do find this somewhat complex with the other lighter notes keeping my nose entertained, revitalized and coming back for more.

It's a traditional kind of sexy that I envision on men looking to be distinguished and worldly (think Tom Selleck, think 'The Most Interesting Man in the World" campaigns) that I think could be worn by both younger or older men, just with the right attitude.

If you want to make a nouveau art/design scent statement, this is likely not the one.

On me this scent has fine projection and longevity, and I find it so wonderful, that even if it didn't, frankly, I wouldn't care. I would just keep buying more.

A vehement thumbs up from me!

23 September, 2012