Reviews by

Armani Eau Pour Homme by Giorgio Armani

To be honest, my initial thoughts of this were that someone had cut a lemon in half and squeezed in into a bottle, lemon owns this scent!

It maintains throughout, but after the first 20 or so minutes it calms down, and lets some other notes have a say in the picture. All in all, I like the fragrance, and it wears well on me. Although the lemon invades your nose at first, afterwards it just speaks sharp, concise confidence. A perfect every-day office wear scent for a modern man in my opinion. Modern, fruity (almost too much) and defined, with gentle calming lavender undertones.

05 December, 2012

Boss Bottled Night by Hugo Boss

The reviews for this are harsh, far worse than it deserves.

When I got a first whiff of this, I liked it, it was nice. However, it is, in my opinion, boring. It smells very generic, from top to base all the notes are predictable, already smelled somewhere else and plain simple. The top notes are somewhat offensive, but not too badly, then the middle and base's are comfortable, just classic.

Overall, I'd say it's a nice scent, I certainty wouldn't turn my nose up at it, just it's nothing that I would try catch whiffs of if I smelled it someone.

29 November, 2012

Boss Bottled by Hugo Boss

I like this, it's subtle and seductive with a cool, fresh undertone. I think best suited to summer, the scent is never offensive, just casually making you aware of it's presence. I would recommend anyone to try this if going for a casual outing (not a party). It's relaxed and warm, but not too comfortable. The only thing that lets it down slightly for me, is that I feel the sweetness of the top notes verge on the synthetic, they feel slightly forced - still worth a wear though!

29 November, 2012

Number 3 / Le 3me Homme / The Third Man by Caron

I have a love/hate relationship with this scent. I find The Third Man very floral, light but no doubt masculine (a woman could easily get away with it though). Classy and quirky, it's mixed fantastically, so well in fact it's hard to separate the notes in it's late stages (this could be a downfall).

The longevity is average, no wows. The projection however much better, this will spill feet away, so for all the trigger happy calm down?

The only thing that's getting at me is the lavender, although it works in the scent, sometimes lavender just doesn't work for me.

All in all, I'd say the scent itself is sublime, but it can be hard to pull off unless the situation is correct. A spring/summer scent that matches a classy but upbeat personality, perfect for an office environment in my opinion.

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Extreme by Guerlain

This scent reeks class, a blind buy I don't regret. Don't expect this gourmand will be cocoa through and through, it has far more depth. Although cocoa serves as a fine bass (and that does NOT mean chocolate) it's the anise and vanilla(?) that give this it's true style. I've seen it described as a masterpiece, although I cannot be the judge of that (I'm no collector) I would describe it as sublime. Never offensive, this winter scent lasts forever (all day), though in the last few hours sticking close to the skin.

Another positive for me would be how long this stuff sticks to clothes, I might even say it smells better on my scarf than it does on me! Of course that's not such a good thing for everyone.

Boss Bottled Sport by Hugo Boss

I didn't enjoy this scent, thankful I only have a sample. For me, it was cheap smelling, sharp on the nose and very generic, no thank you.