Reviews by jread

jread's avatar
    jread

Uplands by Bonny Doon Farm

Wow, this one was a very pleasant surprise! It has strong hints of lemon and lavender, with a dash of pine in the middle of it all. It has better projection than the other Meehan offerings, and the longevity is great as it will stick with you all day long. The ingredients are all-natural and of high quality, and this is immediately evident as soon as you open the bottle. The scent is like a sunny day in the Spring; very clean, crisp and refreshing. It is by far my favorite out of the Bonny Doon Farm juices.

Meehan Sandalwood by Bonny Doon Farm

Couldn't find any reviews for this one, so I decided to try out a 1/2 oz bottle. I like sandalwoods, and given that this one is all-natural and uses very high quality ingredients, I figured it was with a shot.

On application it has a very overpowering alcohol smell, but don't worry because that disappears quickly. You are left with a very simple and straightforward scent of pure sandalwood and a hint of grape. Now, when I say sandalwood, I mean pure, REAL sandalwood, which you may or may not like if you are accustomed to synthetic versions. I personally love it and plan to get a lot of use out of this one. I will warn you that it has no projection to speak of (you literally have to put your nose right on your skin to smell it), but it has a lot of longevity and will hang around for the entire day.

If you want a very pure, simple and straightforward sandalwood made with high quality, natural ingredients, then I highly recommend giving this juice a try. You won't be disappointed.

Meehan Bay Rhum by Bonny Doon Farm

Had very high hopes for this one as I love Bay Rum scents, and after all of the rave reviews I was very excited to try it. Unfortunately, it was a huge letdown. I find the scent butterscotch-ish and quite nauseating right out if the bottle. On dry down it got better, but it has none of the spiciness I associate with bay rums. To add insult to injury, it has absolutely zero projection and no staying power, lasting only about two hours until it completely vanishes. Truly one of the biggest letdowns ever for me. I really wanted to love this one, but I absolutely cannot stand it.

Burt's Bees Natural Skin Care for Men Cologne by Burt's Bees

Very citrusy and fresh... Makes a great Spring or Summer cologne. My only issue with it is that it is very short-lived, lasting only 2-3 hours at most.

15 October, 2012

Bay Rum by Burt's Bees

I hated this scent at first, but over time it really grew on me and now it is one of my favorites! The other reviewers are right in that it has a very strong clove smell initially, but this wears off after about 20-30 minutes and leaves you with a beautiful bay rum scent that lasts most if the day. One tip I have is to always shake the bottle well before application, as this seems to mix the scent a lot better and you don't get as much of an overwhelming clove smell during application. I hate that this scent has been discontinued, however it is easily found on Amazon or EBay regularly if you want to pickup a bottle.

15 October, 2012