Reviews by RM84e

Rume by Slumberhouse

Very interesting fragrance, it creates an accord of mulling wine. The dominant note I think is certainly the bay leaves, followed by clove and cola. Very sweet indeed, and though I would usually not appreciate that, it has a nice balance to it, with the spice and wood. Lovely.

27 November, 2012

Givenchy pour Homme by Givenchy

I can hardly tell the difference between this and the blue label, other than that the blue label smells more of davana, and this smells a little more of violet. Both though, are mostly unbridled citrus. It is not a bad scent, but it is not very unique, interesting or inspiring.

27 November, 2012

Azzaro pour Homme by Azzaro

This stuff is quite lovely. The most dominant note in this fragrance I think is lemon. The opening is very strong lavender and geranium. As the fragrance goes on, a very delicious and mouthwatering olive and rosemary accord become apparent, while the lavender still persists with a bit of anise, and the lemon remains strong. I believe one user who gave this scent a thumbs down compared it to a Mediterranean kitchen. I would say the same but as a good thing, it is completely delicious.

26 November, 2012 (Last Edited: 06 December, 2012)

Zirh Ikon by Zirh

This is a Cardamom oriented fragrance, complemented by cinnamon, clove, and a bit of cedar and lemon. It smells a lot like Azzaro Visit, and makes good competition with it. This however lacks some of the black pepper notes that Azzaro has, but reciprocates with it's own lemon tone. The lemon becomes more prominent as the other elements fade over time, and the cardamom stays with it. Overall rather nice.

26 November, 2012

Incanto pour Homme by Salvatore Ferragamo

This fragrance is very subtle if you do not use a lot of sprays. After you have used 4-6 sprays, it comes off as having a nice pine scent, with maybe a little bit of citrus and violet. It is a nice scent however, but that it is so weak, and not very unique for me means a thumbs down.

24 November, 2012 (Last Edited: 06 December, 2012)

UR for Men by Usher

The initial and dominant experience of this is not so different from that of a bottle of ocean spray grapefruit juice.

Outside of the grapefruit, the cologne is fairly pleasant, on the warmer and muskier side. It has a definite though subtle nutmeg that is warm and adds to the bitterness of the citrus, and in contrast a little bit of basil. Both of these are left as the more prominent notes as the grapefruit fades.

However, in the end, despite being pleasant, this scent is certainly not very unique or eventful, and smells like too many others.

24 November, 2012

Uomo? Moschino by Moschino

The Coriander and the citrus in this scent come together to make a sort of overly sweet bubblegum accord, in my opinion. I would never wear this in public, it doesn't smell masculine to me at all. The question mark at the end of 'uomo?' belongs there.

22 November, 2012

Visit by Azzaro

The Nutmeg, Black Pepper and Cardamom are very definite, and for me seem to last well into this colognes life. Though some describe the incense as the dominant note, for me it is more a backdrop that adds an interesting touch to the spice. I don't know who said this was a cedar-like scent, but I don't feel there is any cedar to be found in it. I would describe this scent as dry, which I like, I find too many colognes to be rather cloying.

22 November, 2012

Magnetism for Men by Escada

To me this fragrance smells exactly like Clinique Clarifying lotion. I too pick up on the vanilla coke/women's makeup smell. Not a pleasant smell for me personally, and definitely feminine.

20th November, 2012