Reviews by LovesGotMeHigh

Exceptional Because You Are for Men by Exceptional

It's...cool. I got a few sample of this whenI ordered from fragrance net and I personally like it. I've gotten quite a few complements on it and it's really a good everyday fragrance.

When: summer time during the day

Where: office, class, anywhere; it's a pretty versatile fragrance

Age: any but I can see a college kid wearing this as a regular

Longevity: I got 4-6 hours on an average day I got 5

projection: eh...it's okay. Get what you pray for.

Scent: on a scale of 1-10 it's a 6 maybe a 7 at best. Nothing special.

Personally: I like it. It's sweet but can be a little too sweet sometimes. Nevertheless, I'd keep it in my collection.

27 February, 2013

Cuba Gold by Cuba Paris

Wore this for my birthday yesterday (didn't do anything too special). It was...great! It definitely smells like Le Male, only better without that stupid lavender note. The only time lavender and vanilla mixed well together is when fabreeze dis it!

LONGEVITY: eh...4-6 hours. Depending on your skin and all that.

PROJECTION: good until 2nd to 3rd hour.

SMELL: absolutely GREAT! It's really great for the price. If you want to not join the Le Male bandwagon club, get this. This came out BEFORE le Male, lol.

I'LL TELL YOU THIS: buy both (Le Male and gold). Depending on what your wallet can pump out, buy le Male in the biggest bottle you can afford. Save it only for specially times. But 2-3 3.4oz bottles of gold and wear those everyday or whenever you so please. Why: le Male is fore strength, projection and longevity. Gold is for everyday use and le Male isn't appropriate for everyday. Gotta end it here.

27 February, 2013

cK One Shock for Him by Calvin Klein

Well, well, well :) I see people are coming around to ththisfragrance. It's a good thing too because, it's simple, this is a work of art. I saw a review that stated that the bottle design was ugly. I mist disagree. I like it, personally. It reminds me of my favorite holiday: Halloween. When I smell this, I think of Halloween and I feel Halloween. The name is fitting; I feel shocked when I smell this and it energizes me and puts me in a confident and romantic state of mind.

WHAT IT SMELLS LIKE: cherries, vanilla, tobacco (all three blended ABSOLUTELYPERFECTLY TOGETHER)
    PROJECTION: strong until the 3rd hour
    LONGEVITY: I've pulled 14 hours out of it ONE TIME but most of the time its 4-5 hours

05 February, 2013

Exceptional Because You Are by Exceptional

When: summer time during the day

Where: office, class, anywhere; it's a pretty versatile fragrance

Age: any but I can see a college kid wearing this as a regular

Longevity: I got 4-6 hours on an average day I got 5

projection: eh...it's okay. Get what you pray for.

Scent: on a scale of 1-10 it's a 6 maybe a 7 at best. Nothing special.

16 December, 2012

The Dreamer by Versace

I wish they had a "varies" option instead of just the three: neutral, thumbs down an thumbs up. I get so many mixed feelings with this.

First week: I couldn't stop sniffing the sprayer of my hand!! It smelled so so soooo amazing!! But....

The week after: it changed! Sort of...I guess. It started to resemble the aroma of cat urine. Sometimes even spit :/

And then it changes up again! Anyway...the drydown is pretty impressive. Nice, soft, and flowery in a manly way.

What it reminds me of: it depends. This fragrance is so sophisticated and so technical. There's no doubt that this is the Rolls Royce of versace fragrances and perhaps even fresh fragrances period.

WHICH WOULD I CHOOSE? OUT OF:

-A*MEN
    -LE MALE
    -DREAMER
    -AQUA
    -GIVENCHY PI

I'd choose A*men first but dreamer as an absolute second; there will be nothing that takes the spot of dreamer. If dreamer had vanilla, it'd be first. But who cares :) dreamer is AWESOME!! I could go on and on but...I'll just say that the dreamer is like that girlfriend who had back in high school that was always sweet and gentle...but when she got mad...she would get you back in a crazy way. GREAT FRAGRANCE!!

10th December, 2012

Curve for Men by Liz Claiborne

Honestly...I like this one. I can see why it's considered a classic; a keeper for the collection on my shelf. Assoon as I spray it, I don't get a giant burst out alcohol like a*men or many other fragrances.

what comes to mind when I wear this: gold. If gold (14kg) had a smell, it'd be this. Although, soon it well turn into a nice green, mossy kind of fragrance. when it does, I think of fresh wet forest in the early spring in the morning with that perfect morning sun rising.

I really only like this and curve crush. The others aren't impressive or cool. The others are good for starter Cologne buyers.

10th December, 2012

A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler

All I have to say is that I hate my bottle...simply because it's not a 3.4oz! I wish I had a bigger bottle! Only have 1.7oz. But, it's my favorite Cologne. Took some time to grow on me (1 minute approximately; spent it trying to figure out how to spray it good). I love wearing this stuff. There's something about it that just makes me feel sexy lol. Great for dates though.

When I first received it, I was ABSOLUTELY SCARED to wear it because of the reviews talking about how powerful it is. But if you just suck it up, waste about 2 sprays, find a nice, warm, dry, clean spot, and spray it, you'll be amazed ! Yeah yeah yeah, many people might not like the tar note or burnt rubber note, but I just so happen to adorn those notes! It brings the man out of this sweet fragrance!

LEGALITY: most i ever got was 15 and a half hours. Least was seven.
    PROJECTION: can't really tell you for sure but you can ask the people who smell me from across the room in the winter

05 December, 2012 (Last Edited: 12 February, 2013)

Curve Crush for Men by Liz Claiborne

Honestly...I really enjoyed this one when I was in high school in my sophomore year. The ladies loved it! I recently got a batch again and it smells a little different to me (perhaps it is just because of the evolution my nose went through when concerning fragrances). Nevertheless, it's still enjoyable. I will pick up another bottle and hopefully this one will be fresher than the one I currently own.

Longevity and projection are a mystery; I can't recall how long it lasted or if people could smell me for miles or not lol. The bottle I have doesn't seem well taken care of by the people I bought it from.

Great fragrance for everyday use! And...lol even good for those dates. It sure worked when I was on a date back in high school. Sense then, la male and a*men have taken over but...I'm looking for my roots and I gotta start with this :) so...I'll be picking up a fresh batch soon!

Cuba Blue by Cuba Paris

It's an almost exact copy of chrome. Only this one is a little stronger; smells great and all but....to me, sometimes, it smells like lettuce. Both this and chrome. That's just my opinion.

Nautica Classic by Nautica

I like it. It's a true aquatic (duhhh it's called nautica lol). Perfect for everyday use or when you don't wanna use your good stuff I suppose. Good for any age really. Nautica Blue is better and lighter.

Versace Man Eau Fraîche by Versace

Ehhh....it's okay. Nothing spectacular. Great for play time in my opinion. Pour homme by versace would be a better choice if you ask me. I like the sour apple smell but, I wouldn't buy a 3.4oz. Great looking bottle design but...the juice is okay...just ...okay.