Reviews by Paul P

Intimately Beckham Men by Beckham

Signature scent if you could smell it

Well,

this is a fabulous smelling scent. All ingredients, elements accords, etc. are in balance. The comparisons to Gucci pour Homme I are valid.

Unfortunately, this seems to suffer the "Coty Curse", an affliction that seems to beset a lot of fragrances. That is, it has VERY weak sillage and longevity. It beggars belief that a company like Coty cannot marshal the resources to make fragrances that you can actually smell. This seems to affect so many of their fragrances. The first thing I look for when buying a fragrance is the word Coty. If I see that, I run for the hills. Well, not quite, but you get my drift.

Pros: 5 star smell
Cons: 1 star projection and sillage"

27th August, 2013

Spicebomb by Viktor & Rolf

I can't tell you what notes I can or can't smell. My nose is not sufficiently trained I guess. I can simply tell you that I love the scent, purely and simply because I think it smells great. It reminds very much of DK Men Unleaded, a fragrance I used to own in the mid to late 90's, when I was in the throws of a courtship with my now wife. It's sweet in the best way possible. Sillage and longevity are ok.

If you forget the name (no, it's not a spicebomb) and just enjoy the fragrance for what it is, it's great.
14th January, 2013