Reviews by patl

patl's avatar
    patl

Eau de Chocolat by Hotel Chocolat

This is an interesting fragrance. I'm really not entirely sure what to think of it.
    It starts off with a burst of fruit and generic chocolate but then settles down into the smell of a good single estate chocolate or a high end chocolate shop. So far so pleasant, but then it goes downhill via spices and sandalwood which are pleasant enough but it ends on the slightly musty, almost rancid smell of a slightly ersatz version of an old bar of chocolate found at the back of a kitchen cupboard.
    I'll come back again for the mid notes but it can keep the finish.

A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler

I love the opening of this, but as someone else says, it gets a bit too cloying. the vanilla and caramel could be nice if there was something slightly sharper there, as it is, I get a distinctly chocolate box vibe from it.

Kölnisch Wasser by Farina Gegenüber

Not particularly long lasting, but the citron burst at the start more than makes up for it. Possibly my most perfect summer fragrance.

Special No. 127 by Floris

I loved it before I put it on. As soon as it went on though, all I got was almost exactly D.R.Harris almond shaving soap. A not unpleasant scent, but not worth the premium over the soap.