Reviews by The Unlucky Rogue

Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin Eau de Minuit by Lolita Lempicka

"The licorice here is warm and woody, as opposed to fresh like the original. It makes the experience slightly less gourmand. In fact, the licorice here is almost inedible, and a little bit dangerous, like a beautiful dark poison."

Thanks frostiblack.... that was a perfect description.

Yes, this is far less 'sweet shop'. The oud turns this into something mystical and just downright sexy. I've only worn this one a couple of times, have not tested it on the ladies yet. I have a feeling it could be a real winner in that department though. This is definitely far more manly compared to the original and the other flankers.

Fast becoming one of my all time favourites. I had to work to track this down, and found it on a french online store. Conversing with the owner in broken google-translator french was totally worth the time, effort and money.

12 April, 2013

Kokorico by Jean Paul Gaultier

Being a big fan of Le Male and it's flankers, as well as JPG in general, I decided to give this a try.

Big mistake. Perhaps it is my body chemistry but my first application had me instantly smelling like some sort of grave robber. Freshly turned earth and grass with an obnoxious peppery hint. I actually felt sorry for passers by who may have caught a whiff. I've never wanted to wash off a scent I'd applied before....

Thankfully after about 1-2 hours this dried down mostly into a vanilla and patchouli combo that was a little reminiscent of Le Male, with a hint of peppery wood joining the huddle.

Longevity was decent but I don't seem to get much in the way of projection. I'll take that as a blessing.

21st February, 2013