Reviews by Sly2scents

Sly2scents's avatar
    Sly2scents

Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Nothing special jumps out at me for this fragrance. I found this dull and boring a little cinnamon a generous dosage of spices for some strange reason I don't pick up the patchouli. On the upside it does last on my skin.

10th July, 2014

Herod by Parfums de Marly

I like it but the price tag is a mountain for me. The notes from top to bottom is blended well although I have issues with the longevity on my skin which would also prevent me from purchasing a full bottle of this but a decant would be nice to have.

30th June, 2014

Boss The Collection: Cashmere Patchouli by Hugo Boss

Gosh, what can I say, Patchouli anyone? This patchouli packs a mean overhand-superman-open-hand smack to the nostrils. One moment the Patchouli comes off sweet with that aromatic accord faintly wavering through the air. The next minute its musty heavy accent sweeps through with a vengeance.

17 June, 2014

Black Saffron by Byredo

The raspberry isn't for me a tad bit overboard with the sweetness in this fragrance. I can't pull it off at all. My nostrils refuse to accept this fragrance.

10th June, 2014

Baudelaire by Byredo

I like the leather in the drydown but the rest of the notes don't really do it for me.

07 June, 2014

Rose 31 by Le Labo

A standout by far, the rose is the loud talker for about a few hours then, it dies down but it still remains a lead in this fragrance. The amber also plays a supporting member in this masterpiece along with the nutmeg and cedar.

06 June, 2014

Thallium by Jacques Evard

Every time I wear this it makes me think of Dunhill Desire. It has that same DNA they are both identical from that ultra loud and sweet opening until finish.

06 June, 2014

Humboldt by Fueguia

I don't know what other notes they have in this but smells like a ginger bread cookie to me. Warm yet settle I see this as my comfort scent. It has a homey feel to it. I would put this on in the winter whens freezing out and kick back and read a book while sipping egg nog.

Cuir Ottoman by Parfum d'Empire

Wow does this have some kick to it. I would say this is a love or hate fragrance at first sniff. My first impression was I hated it but once it dried down I couldn't help but sniff my wrists every few seconds. In a way its repulsive and intriguing simultaneously. Personally, its too bold for my taste.

Sienne L'Hiver by Eau d'Italie

Really wasn't my cup of tea that geranium leaf violet petals, and fern comes off as smelling like poison ivey.

Allure Homme Edition Blanche by Chanel

I love everything about this except that Sicilian lemon. Its a tad bit zesty for my taste but I don't allow that to ruin my overall experience with this fragrance.

Aqua Fahrenheit by Christian Dior

I love the grapefruit note in this fragrance it gives it that uplifting feeling then that middle note of Violet leaf coaxes the fragrance down. And for the drydown Fahrenheit has that leather note.

28 May, 2014

A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler

My girlfriend at the time, her step dad gave me a bag of samples for Christmas. One of the fragrances was A*men at the time I had no idea how much of a beast this fragrance was. Now that I have another samples I think its time to grab a bottle.

28 May, 2014

Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta by Acqua di Parma

I guess you have to be a fan of calabrian bergamote and verbena. These note do not resonate with me at all. What I get is a turbo version of Acqua di Parma Colonia. This fragrance doesn't play well with my nose.

Acqua di Parma Colonia by Acqua di Parma

It not for me. That Sicilian citrus fruit note is a big turn-off for my nose. I tried and tried to like this fragrance but its not for my nose.

1697 by Frapin

1697 that must have been a short year like this fragrance is. My only complaint is the longevity and the price.

1 Million by Paco Rabanne

That blood orange,mint, and grapefruit in the beginning is enticing. But like most potent fragrances being easy on the trigger is a MUST. Too many sprays can over-saturate the notes and cause you to choke people out. The drydown is very pleasant as well.

C for Men by Clive Christian

To date this has got to be the most confusing scent I've sniffed yet. On one hand, I get the complexity that the perfumer was trying create but on the on the other hand, I get this wet pavement smell mixed with burnt dirty paper bags. Someone told me it smelled like Bug Spray.

15 May, 2014

New York Amber by Bond No. 9

Talk about loud mouth when that trigger is pulled. A lot is going on within the first hour of wearing this fragrance the jasmine, sandalwood and oud pounds like subwoofers in Shaq's truck. After a few hours the amber emerges large and in charge. I wouldn't consider myself an Amber fan but this is ok.

13 May, 2014

Hermèssence Ambre Narguilé by Hermès

My, My, My this is apple pie in a bottle. Right now I have a sample but this is such a delight. I could wear this everyday and not get tired of that smell. Its very relaxing. Hermes definitely has a hit with this one. This is a classic.

13 May, 2014

Virgin Island Water by Creed

This is a summer delight I like to think of it as a vacation scent. That opening of coconut, bergamote, and musk really graces the skin. The longevity is lacking but the fragrance is none the less a summer favorite for myself.

10th May, 2014

Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel

I love this fragrance. The musk, mint, and tonka bean just projects on my skin. It lasts for about 6-8hrs on me. This is my all purpose go-to for just about any occasion. I find anything over 4 sprays you'll choke yourself out because strength of the musk. Somehow I thought when I was shopping around for a Chanel I thought I was buying AHS I didn't know the difference but once I sniffed this in the store I was hooked. I can't wait to pick up Edition Blanche another classic for the Chanel collection.

28 April, 2014

Fougère Bengale by Parfum d'Empire

I blind bought this (what was I thinking) but as time progressed it grew on me in a weird way. At first spray, the curry immediately smacks the nostrils the syrupy, sticky honey kicks in after a few seconds. Then, the hay with a hint of ginger here and there. From a few wearings ovespraying isn't advised.

26 April, 2014

Neroli Portofino by Tom Ford

That first 3 seconds after spraying this I get a honeysuckle note that dries down into a somewhat citrus splash of orange juice. It doesn't last long at all on my skin.

17 April, 2014

Millésime Impérial by Creed

I'm still on the fence about this fragrance. I have a 30ml sample decant and I must say that Sea Salt note is the loud mouth of this fragrance. None of the other notes gets their moment to shine.

17 April, 2014

Blue Sugar by Aquolina

The name says it all. If your not a gourmand lover this might be outside of your scope. For me the longevity and projection sucks but on close encounters it works wonders.

15 April, 2013

V pour Homme by Valentino

After receiving a sample during the Christmas holidays. I had to go get a bottle. The ingredients are blended well. I love wearing this during the winter I feel like a millionaire when I put this on.

Catalyst for Men by Halston

I think this is what a Cowboy would wear when they have a night on the town. The sandalwood and musk can be overpowering if your not easy on the trigger.

Encre Noire by Lalique

I blind bought this off a review I had seen on youtube. The earthy, woodsy, spice just sets me straight every time. When I was younger there was this show called SWAMP THING with this green monster dude. Anyway, this is what I would imagine what he would smell like.

Dior Homme Intense by Christian Dior

I finally bought myself a bottle to see what the hype was about. Unfortunately, I bought the reformulated version. I must say this is harmony in a bottle. If I could get my hands on the original for a decent price I wouldn't mind having both.