Reviews by Taskphorce01

Taskphorce01's avatar
    Taskphorce01

Amber Aoud Absolue Précieux by Roja Dove

Ahhhhhhh, the Crown Jewel of My Collection. The price is now out of reach ($1250 for 30ml) but I was fortunate to obtain this before the latest price hike and at a discount thankfully. Regardless, it is worth the money spent and will outlast most bottles in my collection. I need no more than one spray.....YES....(((1))) spray to the chest. If over applied, I will suffer an intense migraine. I've owned it for over a year and have not put an observable dent in the bottle. Extremely opulent, deep, exotic, and intense this fragrance is Roja Dove Amber Aoud on STEROIDS. It works well on its own or layered to enhance the parfum concentration. This has an incredibly high concentration. A real masterpiece....

26th February, 2015

Essence of Oud White Leather by Bella Bellissima

Bella Bellissima White Leather opens with an insanely rich creamy guava and pungent-sharp saffron. The oud is very clean and blended to perfection. There is no barnyard or animalic notes. The leather is soft/supple and incomparable to fragrances such as Tuscan Leather, Montale Aoud Leather, Blood Concept Type O, Bois 1920 Oro, ETC.... Think along the lines of the aroma of a brand new soft leather wallet or handbag. Some words I would use to describe this one.......Opulent, versatile, and unisex. In the dry down the leather, vanilla, and oud become more prominent. 10/10 in all categories.

20th February, 2015

Safari Extreme by Abdul Samad Al Qurashi

Super creamy exotic sandalwood infused with warm vanilla, wildflower and clean agarwood. One of ASAQ's best sellers. Each time I wear this fragrance I fall even more in love with it. I have the Safari Blend as well and this is even more intense. Try layering them together for the ultimate experience.

23rd January, 2015

United Arab Emirates Aoud by Roja Dove

Aside from Amber Aoud, this is one of my favorites. It is extremely pleasant to the nose! It shares some similarities with Roja's Fortnum & Mason's Taif Aoud (similar rich taif note) but this fragrance has much more depth. Although, the Taif note is much more pronounced in Fortnum and Mason Taif Aoud. There is a lot going on with UAE Aoud and it seems impossible to accurately depict all of the notes. I would simply describe it as a beautiful taif rose with clean aoud infused with a semi sweet/spiced honey. There are a variety of florals used here but it is so smooth. No issues with longevity and the fragrance lasts throughout my 8 hour shift at work (with 5-6 sprays.) If you are a Roja Dove fan, this is a must own. It is now accessible to all and available on the Roja website.

15th January, 2015 (Last Edited: 17th March, 2015)

Wild Leather by Mancera

This fragrance opens up spicy and smokey with a raw leather vibe. Shortly thereafter, the smokey nuances settle and a citrusy rose begins to join the party. The citrus saves the fragrance in my opinion. Without it, the frag would be too dirty for my liking. It gets better and better as it dries down...if you are a true leather fan, this is a must sniff!

29th November, 2014

Vanille 44 by Le Labo

Breathtakingly good!!! I do not prefer to wear vanilla fragrances and this is the ONLY fragrance I will wear. Spirituese Double Vanille is a little too sweet for me but this one here is so comforting and a little more masculine. Non foody, soft, with a trail of incense and gaiac wood, Vanille 44 pairs perfectly with my bottle of Le Labo Gaiac 10. The two were made to be worn together I believe. I agree, the price is unreasonable, but it is what it is and once you own it, you own it for life and you will always be able to get refills whenever you'd like at a 20% discount (if you own the 50ml, 100ml, or 500ml bottles.) Without a doubt, Full Bottle Worthy!!!

19th September, 2014

AnOther 13 by Le Labo

Clean to the core....What does it smell like? Yes, the resemblance is there...of a brand new magazine taken out of the plastic and opened for the first time(That fresh smell of the magazine paper)... But, it is so much more than that. I use this fragrance so much in the warm weather because I never get bored with it. In general, I prefer iso e super and ambroxan and in this fragrance, both notes are pushed to the max. The cleanliness can be described as "sterile", metallic, salty sweet, velvety and smooth....NOT clean like laundry....or fresh cotton. This fragrance is very hard to dislike. Another 13 is one of my favorite offerings from this house aside from Gaiac 10.

30th June, 2014 (Last Edited: 08th July, 2014)

parfums*PARFUMS Series 6 Synthetic: Dry Clean by Comme des Garçons

Fortunately, I was able to snag a bottle of this fragrance (which happened to be laying around in a C.D.G. shop...miraculously!?!?) with the help of a friend who lives half way across the globe. Imagine the smell of a freshly chlorinated indoor swimming pool, now think of Downy liquid fabric softener. Dissolvents, natural smells, synthetic chemicals (nail polish remover?) and the intermingling of these notes sounds scary but somehow it all works wonderfully. Incredibly CLEAN and super attractive. Such a shame that this is discontinued which makes my bottle even more precious :)

30th June, 2014 (Last Edited: 03rd July, 2014)

Blue Encens by Comme des Garçons

This is one of the most gorgeous incense blends I've experienced and I'm also comparing to Amouage BUT BUT BUT.....it evaporates off of my skin in literally 1 hour.... It does evoke a cool, blue effect, and it is easily wearable in heat which is impressive. Very fresh, metallic, crisp incense is the best way I can describe it.... The sillage is about average. I wish it lasted longer and projected better. I say this.......if you love incense and you are a fan of Comme des Garcons.....this is a must try. I wouldn't have sold my bottle had this lasted longer but the performance was absolutely abysmal.

30th June, 2014

Neroli by Roja Dove

Strong, sharp and rich floral (neroli) in the opening which mellows out and softens as time goes on. Styrax is a bit intense upon initial application but this fades rather quickly. Quality is unmatched. A beautiful unisex (but slightly leaning toward feminine) fragrance to have in your collection for warmer months. Many people make the reference of Tom Ford Neroli Portofino and I agree except this fragrance is far superior in performance and quality. It is a bit pricy but well worth the money in my opinion as it would outlast a 100ml bottle of Tom Ford N.P.....

08th June, 2014

Serpentine by Comme des Garçons

Comme des Garçons Serpentine
    -Once again, Comme des Garçons exercises it's right to be different. Right off the bat, I knew this was a keeper. Serpentine opens with notes of dewy green grass, tons of musk and aldehydes. The asphalt is done right here and produces a flinty (almost peppery) edge which offsets the green preventing this fragrance from becoming lame and one dimensional. The iris smoothens out all of these mentioned notes and provides a bit of softness in the dry down. The back of the bottle reads "The Grass, The Trees, The Lake, And You"...Overall, I find the fragrance to be remarkable and very wearable. This fragrance successfully paints the picture of a green, ozonic, and urban environment.

07th June, 2014

Confetto by Profumum

Remarkable....Confetto opens with an incredibly pungent almond+vanilla (with a slight rubber note.) I am usually anti-gourmand and loathe fragrances that smell like food (or are too sweet) but this fragrance captured my attention. It is velvety smooth and super attractive/alluring. I applied one dab to my wrist from a tiny metal roll on decant and the scent bubble was impressive for such a minuscule amount applied. One full spray projects for 24 hours (or more) and will fill a room. This is somewhat sweet BUT not sticky or overdone. Although it may not be versatile and easily worn in the hot and humid weather, I am impressed and am happy to have added this to my collection. Nothing I know of smells like this...my recommendation is to purchase a sample from Luckyscent before you buy the full bottle. The .7 ml sample would be enough for 2 or maybe 3 wearings. A few swipes on the pulse points would be suffice.

31st May, 2014

Musk Aoud by Roja Dove

Gorgeous opening with an animalic bite that is reminiscent of the odor of sex. This luxurious musk settles fairly quickly leaving behind an intensely rich aoud that is strikingly similar to Roja Amber Aoud. It isn't monotonous to own both, it really isn't. The price has been increased making it hard to justify the purchase. The longevity and sillage is somewhat disappointing however, I defeat this issue by spraying the bottle 8-10 times. The atomizer projects such a long and ultra light/fine mist. One spray from a Creed bottle is equivalent to 3 or 4 sprays from a Roja Dove so it needs to be applied generously. Instead of complaining about the performance like others do, I simply spray a few more times and I'm happy.

Eau Mage by Diptyque

One thing is for certain, this fragrance deviates from the norm.....it doesn't share the same DNA of Diptyque fragrances. It is a synthetic, clean-musky, woody, and jammy/metallic rose. Two fragrances immediately come to mind smelling Eau Mage: Le Labo Another 13 and Heeley's Agarwoud. Francine Pellegrin perfected the concept of light vs. dark with this fragrance. A huge dose of ambroxan accompanied by rose, and tangerine produce a bright, fresh, and energetic vibe while the patchouli, musk, and woody notes provide a dark and mysterious effect. Some words that I would use to describe E.M. would be seductive, unconventional, euphoric, and versatile. I applied one spray to the back of my hand and caught wafts of it for hours. This is full bottle worthy in my opinion (IF) you can find this elusive gem. It's a shame that this was discontinued.

M by Puredistance

Extremely potent, high quality, masculine, a little goes a long way. When I apply this, I'm careful not to overspray it. One to two sprays max unless I need to go the distance (16 hour day) and then I spray it 3 times. To my nose the scent is reminiscent of smoldering cedarwood laced with a dab of cinnamon and the finest leather man can make. I own Fetish Pour Homme by Roja Dove and I will say the two are alike in the opening yet significantly different in the dry down. The price is soaring high but 17.5ml (is all you really need) and that amount should last you a long, long time.

Spice and Wood by Creed

I own many outstanding niche fragrances and without a doubt, I would have to give this fragrance a perfect 10. Additionally, it is so versatile and easy to wear that I've named it my signature fragrance. I reach for this one more often than any other fragrance I own....Spice & Wood opens with a strong - eye opening- blast of woods and spiced apples that some say resembles cognac. I can somewhat see this correlation but this is not what comes to mind because it is so clean, I just don't get the alcoholic drink vibe. The patchouli and clove are barely noticeable and add a nice touch. The dry down is divine!!!! It reminds me of a brand new suede leather jacket. I find this fragrance to be an absolute masterpiece worthy of wearing for virtually any occasion (weddings, gym, picnics, etc...) and it gets me compliments whenever I wear it. I bought the flacon after owning a smaller Creed atomizer filled with it and I've noticed a difference. With the atomizer, I needed to spray it approximately 6-7 times to get the performance I was seeking but with the flacon, the projection is monstrous and 2 sprays to the neck/and 1 spray to each wrist is suffice for the day. With any Creed, you will notice that if you go light on the trigger, it will effect the performance. My advice is to spray this fragrance generously and you will have no issues with performance.

24th May, 2014

Molecule 01 by Escentric Molecules

Molecule 01 is light and airy but projects and lasts a long time on my skin and even longer on my clothing. I would describe this fragrance as a sweet cedar that is subtle but extremely attractive in my opinion. Yes it is a simple combination of notes that are easily obtainable from the perfumers apprentice but the chances are you will either make the fragrance too weak or too strong. I find Molecule 01 to be the perfect combination of Iso E Super and alcohol. I probably reach for this fragrance the most only because it is not overbearing yet possesses the power to last throughout the entire day. I haven't found a person who found it to be unpleasant or offensive. I am a huge fan of all of the Molecules 01, 02, and 03 as well as Escentric 01, 02, and 03.

14th July, 2013 (Last Edited: 30th June, 2014)

Windsor by Creed

Exhilirating and original

I received a sample from the Creed Boutique in NYC from Rodney and I was blown away, its too bad that it isn't available to the general public and you have to take a chance with authenticity on eBay and take a blow to your wallet for a small bottle. I've never smelled anything like this, it is absolutely wonderful. It screams ROYALTY, EXPENSIVE, and CLEAN. This scent doesn't fit into any of the categories such as wood, fruity, creamy, leathery, or citrus but rather it is very unique and very hard to describe. In fact, Rodney the Creed Salesman (Expert) couldn't accurately describe this fragrance and repeatedly referred to it as MAGNIFICENT and unlike anything he has ever experienced. The scent is not loud or overbearing and it isn't light. So unique that I smell the sample daily and wish that I had a flacon or full sized bottle. In fact, I believe that I would pay $1000 for a flacon of Windsor. YES....It is that good!

PS: I now own two atomizers and I feel blessed to own this juice...I would say now after reading this review I wrote several months ago...I would say this is a camphorous citrus with easily identifiable notes of eucalyptus, lime, orange, and pine....LOVE it.

14th July, 2013 (Last Edited: 21st December, 2013)

Bois du Portugal by Creed

Smells like an old man

I blind bought Creed Bois du Portugal and this is the 6th Creed I currently own. To be blunt, I don't like it and I try really hard to enjoy it. It reminds me of Clubman talc or the splash the barbers use after shaving the back of your neck. It is a mixture of Old Spice and the green bottle of Polo in my opinion. It is not a bad scent, just not how I want to remembered. This is for the mature crowd and when I spray it in the air, the first thing that comes to mind, is elderly people....
    I will keep trying to like it but I just might sell this bottle. This isn't for everyone. Do not blind buy BDP if you know what's good for you. I knew that sooner or later I would come across a bottle of Creed that I was dissatisfied with and here it is.

Pros: Longevity
    Cons: Fragrance itself is equivalent to barbershop clubman talc/splash"

Oud Wood by Tom Ford

Sweet Oud

I just received my 1.7 oz bottle of Tom Ford Oud Wood today in the mail and I am impressed and excited. I'm fairly new to oud fragrances but I'm curious and will be purchasing Creed Royal Oud and M7 by Yves Saint Laurent soon. As a fragrance connoisseur, I am always relentlessly researching and pursuing fragrances in hope of finding one that I'm intrigued by. Tom Ford Oud Wood ranks currently in my top three niche fragrances. I sprayed it on before work and immediately felt compelled to get on Fragrantica and review this fragrance. In my opinion, the notes smell of exotic spice and wood, some hint of leather, light incense and vanilla, and the projection is powerful and masculine although it is versatile and understandably, it can be worn by a female. After about an hour, the sillage began to settle however the scent is still rather pungent and continuing to radiate off of me. I am kind of trigger happy with the sprayer and perhaps I went overboard with it today but I'm delighted that almost three hours into wearing it, this fragrance is holding its weight. Even though it is recommended for fall/winter, one could successfully pull this off in warmer weather only because it isn't loud, overbearing, or offensive....Overall, I'm beyond pleased and I highly recommend this to any connoisseur's collection.

UPDATE:
    My 8 hour shift is almost over and Oud Wood is still projecting off of me like a BEAST!!! This is a keeper...Very rich intoxicating dry down that hasn't altered much...in fact I really enjoy both, the initial application and the drydown...This has "elegance" and "class" written all over it!

Pros: Long lasting
    Cons: Cost is a little high."

Comme des Garçons Eau de Parfum / "A New Perfume" by Comme des Garçons

Artistic, Glue Bomb

This is a strange seductive scent, as I've always enjoyed smelling the back of the glue on the industrial tape BUT this doesn't just smell like tape. It is a blend of strong glue, a masculine floral twist, and musk. It's almost sickening and attractive at the same time if that makes sense? In fact, I find myself smelling the sample I have daily. I'm not sure how others would enjoy this fragrance blasting off of me but then again, everyone loves to sniff a little glue....right?

Molecule 02 by Escentric Molecules

Very Pleasant,

This fragrance is so airy, light, and subtle but don't underestimate it, it's (molecular) structure allows the fragrance to stick around for hours if not days. Its sweet, warm, seductive, and as already mentioned in the description VERY PLEASANT. This scent can be worn literally throughout the entire year. I used this in conjunction with M01 and E03 and enjoy all three blended together. Do not just spray this once or twice, load yourself up anywhere between 4-10 sprays and you will enjoy this fragrance until your next shower. There is something in this fragrance that is extremely attractive and I just cannot put my finger on it. To be completely honest, I find all of the Escentric Molecules to be warm and inviting. I would be confident to say that I don't understand how anyone could be offended by this fragrance. If you are confused and undecided and do not know which EM fragrances to purchase, I highly recommend 1. Molecule 01 2. Molecule 02 3. Escentric 03 (The rest are good but do not cause excited delirium like the aforementioned.)

Pros: King of Ambroxan!
    Cons: Hard to smell, confusing"

Rose 31 by Le Labo

Roses for men!

This is just an absolute gorgeous scent on a man. Seductive without being too feminine. I find it very comparable to Creed Windsor, I'm shocked nobody has already mentioned that! Both are shockingly similar. Bought a bottle the day after I received a sample, Yes........... it's that good.

Pros: Long Lasting, incredible sillage and projection
    Cons: Very Expensive"

Kashmina Touch by Max Mara

Pleasant

I don't see any men commenting here so I will. This fragrance to me smells of wood, almond, amoretti, and a touch of vanilla. If you are familiar with Molecule01 and KenzoAir, you would agree that Kashmina Touch is a close cousin of these two fragrances. It's almost edible and I do detect cedar. This should be labeled as Unisex because a man could appropriately wear this fragrance without feeling too "feminine." Surprisingly, this is a cheap fragrance (got mine for $14 plus $5 shipping on eBay) and it is a Eau de Parfum. This is a highly attractive scent and I highly recommend Kashmina Touch to any connoisseur's collection.

Pros: Cheap but aromatic
    Cons: Light sillage, Light longevity"

Bois d'Argent Cologne by Christian Dior

Bois D'Argent EDP

Mysterious, dry, very cold, crisp, and powdery. I'm getting a heavy iris top note that is absolutely stunning, one of the best I've ever smelled. Almost vegetable like however I couldnt pinpoint the produce Im detecting (celery?) Im also sensing that vanilla was incorporated into this fragrance. There is no such thing as over applying with this juice as it remains close to the skin. In terms of being masculine or feminine, I would confidently say that this lies directly in the middle being a perfect example as a unisex fragrance. Original and ridiculously addicting. In fact, I have probably smelled my wrist 20 times in the past 10 minutes. BDA received the stamp of approval with a huge grin from my wife who tends to be overly critical with my fragrances. I won't ever let go of this juice. I would probably stick with the EDP version due to its light to moderate projection.

Pros: Iris at it's best
    Cons: Light projection"

Cereus pour Homme No. 5 by Cereus

Not Terre de Hermes

I do understand the comparison between Terre de Hermes and Cereus no. 5 but I cannot stand to wear Terre de Hermes and yet I love C#5. I get a woodsy, warm spicy, rum & coke, and earthy vetiver combination that is versatile and can be worn any time of the year for any occasion.

Pros: Versatile, Relatively cheap now
    Cons: None"

A*Men Pure Malt by Thierry Mugler

This is a very unique attractive fragrance that reminds me of soda/cocoa/whiskey. As far as I'm concerned its one of my favorite fragrances. Compared to Pure Havane....I like Malt better. PH reminds me of a more musky, sweet honey drizzled tobacco infused version of Malt. Malt and Havane last very long and can be worn whenever in my opinion. Both would make for a good candidate however in the fall and winter as they are "heavier".

28th March, 2013

Terre d'Hermès Parfum by Hermès

I recently received this bottle of Terre D'Hermes Parfum and I feel that it will last forever......
    It reminds me of a citrus-infused Polo for men. The first impression smelling this perfume was that it is "rich" smelling with citrus/woods blend....and very unique. The woods overpowers the citrus in my opinion. I enjoy the dry down more so than the application and I learned to spray this one time on the back of my neck and maybe small squirts to the wrist.....anything more is over application. This perfume is a must have. It lasts all day long.... and do not spray it on your clothes. I wear a uniform to work and sometimes the uniform will stretch me two or three days long if I do not sweat. The uniform will smell of TDH on day two or day three.

Must have...
    2 thumbs up!

28th March, 2013

Dior Homme Intense by Christian Dior

Pure Heaven. As soon as I received my sample of this and tested it, I fell in love with it. I don't care what season it is, it's a WINNER. It is very creamy yet spicy with a blend of sandal/cedar wood, cocoa, and light vanilla...which immediately I detected. It had me repeatedly checking the sample spray on my wrist. Very delicious. Can't go wrong with this one...I might even enjoy this over my all time favorite and signature scent Fierce.

Huge thumbs up. I will be buying a big bottle.

24th March, 2013

Gucci Guilty Intense Pour Homme by Gucci

The lavender and patchouli combination are apparent and this frag. has serious longevity, more so that my all time favorite, Abercrombie Fierce (regardless of what the critics say.) The first time I applied this, I sprayed it three times which is a huge over application, two sprays is an over application IMO. One good spray to the chest is all you need. Guilty Intense is spicier than the sugary Guilty.

21st March, 2013