Reviews by Mrs Purple

Extract of Limes by Penhaligon's

I'm afraid I don't speak fragrance fluently enough yet to describe this scent adequately, but reading some of the other reviews I would agree that the immediate lime blast very rapidly calms down leaving a far too subtle sweetness.

I bought it several years ago and as I don't use it very often it's still going strong, which is good as I now see it's been discontinued.

Ysatis by Givenchy

It seems with some fragrances the residual scent is very different from the initial hit. I found it so with this one and just didn't get on with it at all.

Diorissimo by Christian Dior

It was bought for me but whereas I loved the initial hit, like being pelted with fresh flowers, it very quickly smelled 'wrong'. Just didn't suit me :(

Ginger Essence by Origins

I'm an unabashed ginger fan, so when I first heard this was coming out I couldn't wait to try it...and I've continuously owned some ever since. I can understand it could be a little too much for some, butI absolutely love it and it seems to suit me.

I also own some of their Ginger with a Twist, but only use this *very* sparingly, when I might need waking up. It's really quite startling, which isn't always what you look for!

28 March, 2013 (Last Edited: 30th March, 2013)

LP No. 9 by Penhaligon's

I love wearing this every now and then.

Not my favourite ever, but the fact that I own some means I do prefer it over other fragrances :)

28 March, 2013 (Last Edited: 30th March, 2013)

Glow by J.Lo by Jennifer Lopez

Absolutely loved this when I first smelled it. Think it was being promoted in Debenhams and I bought some there and then because there was something very comforting and rosy about it, which suited my mood completely at the time.

Ultraviolet by Paco Rabanne

I bought it because of the bottle and the initial difference from what I usually like to wear (grapefruits and citrussy scents)...and whilst I had it I enjoyed wearing it, but it's definitely not a forever favourite.

Poison by Christian Dior

I remember it seemed that *everyone* wore this in the late 80s.

I did like wearing it when I eventually tried some myself in the 90s, but it certainly isn't an everyday 'splash everywhere' scent.

Maybe it just didn't suit my own chemistry as it always smelled better on everyone else though.

Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune by Guerlain

Loved this when I first smelt it and I still do. On my second bottle and will be getting another when this one's finished.

I find that spraying it on a scarf seems to prolong my ability to smell it throughout the day and I then get the different levels whenever I subsequently wear it.

I'm a sucker for any grapefruit fragrance :)

Kashâya by Kenzo

I did like this very much at the time, when I had it in the mid 90s.

Don't know if I'd buy it again though.

Ô de Lancôme by Lancôme

I've had this bottle now for about ten years. It's hardly been used and has been kept in dark places so hasn't lost any of its character.

To be honest, it was bought for me and I initially did find it overpowering, which is why I didn't throw myself into using it. Glad I kept it though as it's actually growing on me now and I'm finding I'm using it more often.

Going to stick with it and enjoy rediscovering i!t