Reviews by noideawhatimsaying

Muscs Koublaï Khän by Serge Lutens

Absurdly horrible. Smells like feces and urine combined into a fermenting mess of a fragrance.
05th May, 2014

Dark Aoud by Montale

Dark, dry, yet thick. Not feeling it.

Montale is hit or miss, if they hit they do it amazingly well. If they miss, well, they miss hard. Here is a miss - a more "gourmond" auod in my opinion comapred to Black Auod.

23rd August, 2013

Intense Cafe by Montale

A generous 3.5 stars here.

It's almost like they took Chocolate Greedy, added sludge, and made it darker - I simply don't get it.

Pros: Strong, thick smell
Cons: A scent I don't care for."

23rd August, 2013

Chocolate Greedy by Montale

Absurdly delicious and authentic.

It is EXTREMELY tasty in smell, you won't be surprised if someone bites your arm. A spray will do perfectly fine, especially in the winter months. Absurdly wearable, delicious.

Pros: Phenomenal, it will be universally loved and received.
Cons: Cloying"

Rose 31 by Le Labo

Smells great for a few minutes, then fades.

I purchased a full bottle after reading such hyped reviews and am sorely disappointed. I don't blame it on the house - it is more on me, my skin chemistry doesn't work with it. The smell fades VERY quickly - at best 30 minutes. Smells good while it is there.

Pros: Smells like earthy rose.
Cons: It doesn't last."

Ore by Slumberhouse

Phenomenal, dark seductive chocolate smell.

After owning Josh's primary four, I was very excited to see him come out with an extrait of Ore. Having read how it's a unique cocoa and whiskey mix - I had to purchase it. Coming in a beautiful etched bottle with amazing marbles, this new fragrance is precisely in line with what to expect out of this house. It's dark, it's pleasant, it's complex, and it stands out. Highly recommend its fantastic scent.

Pros: Fantastic, unique, projects and lasts well

Memoir Man by Amouage

Is smelling like grass good?

To me, this fragrance sounds amazingly seductive but wears amazingly disappointing. It's smell is purely grass, and I don't know where others are saying they get otherwise.

Pros: Green
Cons: Green

09th June, 2013

Amber Absolute by Tom Ford

Dirt, urine, and disgusting.

I absolutey don't get this one. It's either my skin or nose, this did NOT work. Filthy.

Cons: This is an amber?

08th June, 2013

Jeke by Slumberhouse

Fantastic smoke for the Fall.

I absolutely love this smoke when I typically hate tobacco scents. Here, the tobacco is not like a cigarette, it's not ashy whatsoever. I would argue the smoke is very heavy, in the way a cigar's humidor can be - but take that smell, throw in a bit of Autumn (the feel of Autumn rather than a notable smell of flavors) and this is it. It's a monster, and the dry down is great!

Pros: Projection, longevity, uniqueness, warmth
Cons: Linear to a fault

04th June, 2013

Incense Extrême by Tauer

After sampling, I don't get it. Smells like medicine, almost, with absolutely no sense of incense.
26th April, 2013

Polo Black by Ralph Lauren

Synthetic generic fragrance - at best as liquorish room spray, AT BEST. Smells like every other man out there. Is it awful? No. Is it special? DEFINITELY not.

Forest Walk by Sonoma Scent Studio

Does it work? Sure does. But, I don't think it's all that wearable in any situation.

Winter Woods by Sonoma Scent Studio

On my skin, I'm not getting the woodsy feel to it - but definitely the sweetness of Fall.

mb03 by Biehl Parfumkunstwerke

Skin scent, if I could detect it I suppose it was slightly spicey.

Olibanum by Profumum

Incense shouldn't smell like sandy tobacco.

Cardinal by Heeley

This is simply not wearable. It's not bad, but you'll immediately smell like a priest with dried flowers and lemon

French Lover / Bois d'Orage by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

Just awful. Smells like ashy smoke...with some orange.

No. 88 by Czech & Speake

Superb. I was expecting dark, foreboding, and ominous. What I instead got was pleasant, inviting, lightly oriental, slightly rosey. Longevity and projection are fantastic!

L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

How is "clean" acceptable as a fragrance now when you can use soap to smell "clean"? It has zero projection and longevity. Not worth it.

Silver Mountain Water by Creed

"Metallic fresh", which is a horrible smell. Give me some realism!

L'Anarchiste by Caron

Smells like spicy Big Red gum upon the opening, with a nice dry musk afterwords. Very wearable for the Fall.

A*Men Pure Malt by Thierry Mugler

Absolutely superb. Smells like vanilla-coke / honey / whiskey. SEXY AS HELL.

Vintage by John Varvatos

Absolutely superb. I am SUPER picky with my fragrances, and this is the epitome of a great Fall scent. It's wearable unlike niche. It's like - pumpkin/vanilla/tobacco, or SOMETHING of that. Maybe fig. It's just superb.

Joop! Homme by Joop!

A blast of sweet cherry strawberries that is intoxicating, and in a bad way.

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme by Issey Miyake

Amazing, amazing, amazing. Who cares if it's popular? It's like that for a reason. Floral, lemony/citrusy, unique. Longevity and projection is great.

Green Irish Tweed by Creed

It smells like fresh herbs/grass, and that's not something you'd want to smell like. FAR too green. Very overrated.

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme by Guerlain

For something inoffensively clean, and that's about it, this is your bet. I don't smell anything other than a "clean" smell. No sophistication, nothing.

Eau d'Orange Verte by Hermès

Here's my issues: It's orange, and that's it. It's too orange, almost like orange cleaner. Moreover, the smell does not last on my skin more than 20 minutes.
19th April, 2013

Black Aoud by Montale

This is the epitome of a dark rose scent. I imagine an older lady, quite evil, wearing this. Can a man pull it off? He better be dark and mysterious. Can a lady? Only if she's old and evil.

Not my thing.
13th April, 2013

Eau d'Italie by Eau d'Italie

I literally cannot smell it, way too "light" I suppose.
13th April, 2013