Reviews by directinprint

Santal Blush by Tom Ford

If you like Crabtree & Evelyn's Sandalwood collection, you will like this. I'm not sure how different TF Santal Blush is from C&E's EdT Sandalwood, but in my memory, it's a near exact match.

For fun, I tested side by side TF Santal Blush, Tam Dao by Diptyque, and Santal Sacre by Lucky Scents. This is what I found - the person who said this isn't a dry scent was right... it's "juicier" than the others; where TD is warm as a sandalwood, almost a gourmand, and SS is spicy and dry, TF is moister. It is longer lasting than SS, and more bitter than TD. The cedar seems to come out in the heart note, it's not immediate.

For reference, my favourite sandalwood so far is Santal Sacre, but this one's definitely worth a bottle (for me). I also waited several hours for the base note to come out. (Dude's right who says it's mostly linear, but it does lighten) and layered some Serge Luten's Feminte du Bois. Yes, we have a winner.

Today I applied Tom Ford SB to my arms, with some tiny dabs of Bond No9 I love New York on the wrists. This afternoon, after those are dried down, I'll add FdB... By the time I get home I'm going to smell like I've been sitting in a cedar sauna, burning sandalwood incense and chewing on vanilla beans all day :)

01st May, 2013