Reviews by oldbrut72

Old Spice Fresh Scent by Procter & Gamble

This review is for P & G OS Fresh aftershave lotion. I love the citrusy vibe from this. Reminds me of juicy bitter oranges. Unfortunately OS Fresh isn't available officially in The UK but I managed to get some imported from The USA via Amazon. Sadly, it no longer appears on the OS website which would indicate to me that P & G are discontinuing this version also. If you like citrus fragrances, I'd say get this while you can. I know other people have said they don't like it. I think it's great. At least to my untrained nose anyway. :-p
24th January, 2014

Brut Alaska by Fabergé

European Revolution?

This is fresh & peppery. Very similar to Brut Revolution. Maybe this is the European version.

Pros: Fresh, peppery
Cons:

18th October, 2013

Brut Revolution by Fabergé

Peppery Brut

This is a nice spicy fragrance. Find impressions are that it's light enough for daily wear. I think I'll enjoy wearing this from time to time.

Pros: Spicy, peppery Brut alternative
Cons:

15th October, 2013

Old Spice Wolfthorn by Procter & Gamble

Fruity... but in a good way

I think I can guess what P and G were thinking with this. "Wolves live in forrests. Forrests have fruit in them but can also be dark." It worked. Well maybe to my nose anyway.

Hopefully this'll last me for a long time. Anyway, at least it's not another sickly clone of P.. you know what. ;-)

Pros: fruity, but dark at the same time.
Cons:

12th October, 2013

Brut Oceans by Fabergé

Fresh Brut

I opened this for the first time today. I was immediately impressed by the fresh clean scent on my first try of this. It's something I could imagine wearing on any occasion. Really good.

Pros: Fresh, clean scent.
Cons: Not easy to find. "

29th September, 2013

Old Spice Foxcrest by Procter & Gamble

Great citrus scent

Unfortunately this isn't readily available in British shops. However I did manage to get myself a bottle on Ebay. I'm so glad I did. Once again it has been proved that you don't need to spend fortunes to get a great scent. If you like citrus scents try this. I hope this lasts me for ages. 5 out of 5.:-)

Pros: Great smell
Cons: none"

15th September, 2013

Brut Identity by Fabergé

Light everyday scent

A nice light everyday scent. Good for work wear. Edit: This review is for the deodorant version which I got to try out.

Pros: light fresh cheap
Cons:

20th August, 2013

Axe Provoke / Lynx Excite by Axe / Lynx

Far too sickly sweet

I'm so glad I've now finished this bottle. This was offensively sweet. Absolutely disgusting.

Pros: cheap
Cons: Far too sweet"

18th August, 2013

L.12.12 Vert / Green by Lacoste

Speaks rather than screams

In a market dominated by overly strong headache enducers and overly sweet stomach churners, L12.12 Vert is a godsend. Better for nights out but still civilised enough for day wear. I could see myself enjoying this for a long time.

Pros: Warm, fresh, not too strong or sweet
Cons:

21st June, 2013

James Bond 007 Ocean Royale by James Bond

For a summer's day in your Lotus Esprit...

A good summery daytime scent. Nice fruity smell. Could also be worn on long train journeys, on the roofs of trains:grin:.

Pros: Fresh summery lively
Cons:

02nd June, 2013

The Game by Davidoff

Used to like it. Now I hate it.

I liked this when I tried it at first. Now though, I can't stand it. It's not as bad as 1 Million but it's not much better.

Pros: Easy to find
Cons: sickly sweet

01st June, 2013

James Bond 007 by James Bond

Not bad at all this. It does remind me of one of the Old Spice variants. I wish I could remember which one. That's not a criticism, by the way. Coincidence as they're both owned by P & G perhaps?
14th May, 2013

1 Million by Paco Rabanne

Sickly sweet disgusting trash. Probably designed to be the next step up for teenagers from wearing Lynx Excite. "Yes! You too can smell like an accident in a sweet shop!" I certainly won't miss it when I finish the bottle.

Gucci Guilty pour Homme by Gucci

This is simply disgusting. Too much of it causes headaches. The matching deodorant spray is also useless. Only spraying in little squirts that are no better than dribbles. Every time I use this I feel like I haven't washed for 3 days by the end of the night. Yes. It is that bad.

Old Spice by Procter & Gamble

This is my first review on Basenotes. So I thought I'd make it about one of my favourite scents. After years of thinking OS had been discontinued, I only rediscovered it in 2010 when searching online for Brut products after I'd been given a Brut gift set for Christmas. (I'd thought that was discontinued too.) I'm no fragrance expert but I'm sure I love the smell of cinamon and vanilla from this. It brings back memories of my mum dropping big hints that I get "Old Spice for Daddy?" when she took me Christmas shopping. A classic clean smell that I'm very glad is still around.

Axe Africa / Lynx Africa by Axe / Lynx

This is the only decent scent under the Lynx brand. Believe me. I've tried most of them. That's why it still out sells all the other versions after 18 years on the market. I have this on my everday wear rotation. It would be a sad day if Unilever ever decided to discontinue this.

Jet Homme by Avon

I got this as a gift, 2 Christmases ago. Personally I get a citrusy scent when I wear this. Good for wearing at weekends and special occasions. It seems to be discontinued, at least on the UK Avon site anyway. So I'll kind of miss it when my bottle runs out.

Brut by Fabergé

I thought this was discontinued until I was given a Brut gift set for Christmas a few years ago. Admittedly I thought "Great.. thanks(!)" through gritted teeth when I first received this, as like most people I thought it was for dodgy old men who still wear medallions. When I tried it though I thought "Wow! This isn't bad at all." Now this is one of my favourite scents. It's part of my "everyday wear" rotation and I probably wear it almost as a rebellion against all the identikit modern scents that smell exactly alike.