Reviews by ClarkScent

Allure Homme Sport Cologne by Chanel

Is probably the least needed fragrance of the Allure line. It only comes in a big bottle of cologne strength. Was probably made to spray yourself with, play around of golf or tennis and then go to the showers. I get the scent of peppered lemons. A truly decadent fragrance.

Antaeus Sport by Chanel

Probably looked better on paper than what was actually produced. This was one heck of a job to pull off being that Anteus is such a dark and mysterious fragrance. Ultimately didn't work but is a nice edition to my collection.

Égoïste Cologne Concentrée by Chanel

If you can find this and you like Egoiste, buy it. Smells close to the original but more refined and fuller. Very rich smelling. Could probably have any girl you wanted if you wore this.

Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel

Even though this flanker truly wasn't needed, I bought this on the strength of the Chanel name. A safe take on the sport fragrance (not really sure what makes this extreme). While I would never tell Chanel what to do but let's leave the Allure line in the rear view mirror and focus on the future.

Allure Homme Sport by Chanel

The two main things I love about this fragrance are 1. It's Chanel 2. It's a sport scent. The actual scent itself is ok but can you name a sport scent that has set the world on fire? A nice addition to the collection.

Allure Homme Edition Blanche Eau de Toilette by Chanel

My favorite of the Allure line. Yes it is a lemon pie but it has the Chanel class that is to be expected. Out of the whole Allure line this is the only one I could see using up and buying a new bottle.

Allure Homme by Chanel

While I can enjoy this for what it is, there are things that keep me from loving this. Chanel quality all the way thru but it just gives off the vibe that this is meant to be safe. Although it's my least favorite of the line, it's still good. I go easy on the trigger because I don't want to buy another bottle and it completes my Chanel collection.

Halston 1-12 by Halston

I love both Z-14 and I-12. They are a ying and yang sorta thing. Z-14 is a dark jungle full of tigers and snakes where I-12 is fresh from the bath about to go play golf. Throw in the fact that Halston couldn't decide which one to release simply said "release both". In the same bottle!! Exquisite!!

Halston Z-14 by Halston

Lapidus pour Homme by Ted Lapidus

One of the most unique scents in my collection. Smells oddly futuristic even though it's getting close to 30 years old. Fruity but still has a brain. The bottle looks like space shuttle debris.

Brut by Fabergé

A perfect example of a legendary scent that proves it by being available in gas stations even. It smells great, legends have endorsed it (Elvis, Muhammad Ali, etc) and if you are over 30 were probably made by your dad wearing it. Classic squared.

Azzaro pour Homme by Azzaro

European spice. This is a very distinctly older scent, meaning I can tell when this came out it instantly had to become a staple to a certain type man. It still is relevant today. Hairy chests unite!

Fahrenheit by Christian Dior

This was a masterpiece. The new formula is a travesty and is highly unwearable. I thank my lucky stars that I found a vintage bottle on EBay. The gasoline vibe is nonexistent in the new juice, which is the main reason the vintage stuff is king. I have probably worn more of this than any other cologne in my collection. Available everywhere but do not buy if only the word Dior is on the bottom of the bottle. Vintage will read Christian Dior.

One Man Show by Jacques Bogart

This smells like what I imagine the interior of a DeLorean smells like. Hopelessly 80's, but I really enjoy this one. Aptly named, this has all the class of a Members Only jacket. Good work scent.

Égoïste / L'Égoïste by Chanel

When I want to feel like I'm the only person wearing a fragrance within 100 miles I wear this. Creator Jacques Polge said "Egoïste is about seduction". Bingo.
04th April, 2014

Gentlemen Only by Givenchy

Yawn. Spend your money elsewhere. I cannot believe a fragrance this boring has been released this late in the game. Should be about ten bucks.
03rd April, 2014

Silver Scent Intense by Jacques Bogart

I prefer this more in the air than on my body..Bogart for teens.

Sung Homme by Alfred Sung

Yes, if there was a way to liquefy a bar of Irish Spring and a bar of Ivory soap-this is what you would get. The bottle looks like a prop from the movie Metropolis.

parfums*PARFUMS Series 3 Incense: Avignon by Comme des Garçons

The pine scent I always looked for. The comparisons to religious things really bore me as I don't get that (yes I've been to church and mass before). Very strong out the gate..also on the expensive side and hard to find in the US (just Lucky Scent). Morrissey wears/wore this so good enough for me!

Aqua Quorum by Antonio Puig

This smells like the 90's but in a good way. If you ever wanted to take a trip down memory lane, but didn't want or were embarrassed to buy certain fragrances (Eternity, Cool Water etc) this is the cologne for you. Like its older brother, this is well made at a great price. Such a great price my wife uses it as air fresher all the time and I don't even freak out!

Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

You can make this scent on your own. Get a orange, fill it with gun powder. Light it, then pick up the pieces and dab them on your body. All joking aside, this to me is what a fragrance is even made for. Exudes such a different feel to me and every time I put it on I know if I felt like it, I could rule the world.

Antaeus by Chanel

A pretty dark fragrance for Chanel to have put out. While I absolutely adore this, I'm hard pressed to find people who like it. Maybe it's the rose in it. The bottle is a black mass and very rugged. I could see a vampire wearing this.
24th March, 2014 (last edited: 07th May, 2014)

Altamir by Ted Lapidus

Smells like orange vanilla. Was about ten bucks for three ounces, so if all else fails, use as a air freshener. The bottle is the best thing about the whole product…
24th March, 2014

Black Extreme by Ted Lapidus

Bought this wholly on the strength of Lapidus pour homme. Unfortunely this cannot even clean LPH's boots. I so wanted this to be as good as the original but all I get from this is the smell of urine. I don't mean that metaphorically, it actually smells like urine. I even asked someone what they smelled when I put this on. Exact words "pee". Case closed.
24th March, 2014

Claiborne for Men by Liz Claiborne

When I was in high school, a teacher somehow ended up with a huge box of miniatures of this. She let the students have them, so needless to say everyone smelled like this for a year. This is one of the few colognes to me that smells the same as back in the day. Not sure if that is because it IS vintage because that's all that's left or they are still making it the same way, but I still like it. Smells like the 90s but that's ok. I do get a plastic grassy feel from it. Distinct bottle.

Lomani by Lomani

Poor mans Drakkar. As I cannot bring myself to buy anything more than a minature of Drakkar, as it still is a premium priced fragrance, this is close enough. Lomani is like one of those "smells like" colognes, meaning the essence of the original is present but not the same quality ingredients. Spend the six bucks, you won't regret it.

Bleu de Chanel Eau de Toilette by Chanel

One of my favorite Chanel Fragrances (I do own every men's Chanel fragrance). This can be worn at any occasion, at anytime of year but is very complex at the same time. This is very well built and even men compliment this when I wear it. How this can be called "generic" is beyond me. I realize the ingredients aren't ultra rare but is still luxurious smelling to me and the nay sayers girlfriends. Is very masculine all the way down to the built like a tank bottle. Super high quality which is the norm for Chanel. Do yourself a favor.

Versace pour Homme by Versace

The second I ordered this I tried to cancel it after reading it smelled like Allure Sport. They said it was too late so I was suck with it. The bottle is quite beautiful..it looks like it could have come from a shipwreck off the coast of Greece. As you can see from the fragrance note tree, there is a lot going on-although it just smells like an aquatic to me...and yes it does smell like Allure Sport. A good work scent.
18th March, 2014

Bulgari Man Extreme by Bulgari

Very very nice opening but disappears way too fast. Opens with a super charged citrus cedar that smells middle aged and rich. Then settles into a faint smell, like I said, way too fast. Very enjoyable while it is fresh but can't sit there and respray myself all day.
16th March, 2014

Bogart pour Homme by Jacques Bogart

Lasts for days and yes..smells of cherry pipe tobacco. A typical Bogart fragrance meaning easy on the wallet and a great lasting scent. This can be a little cloying so easy on the trigger. Btw it has the best atomizer of all the colognes in my collection.
09th March, 2014