Reviews by Olfactor

Olfactor's avatar
    Olfactor

Vetiver by Guerlain

In a word: PERFECT!

Arguably one of the best men's frags ever.

06 April, 2010

John Varvatos Rock Volume One by John Varvatos

Sorry, Trebor -- I just can't bring myself to agree with you on this one! Tried JV Rock at the counter in Nordstrom's, and my few hours of shopping turned into repeated inquiries as to what the fragrance was I was wearing. Stopped and bought a bottle on the way out...

While I agree that Rock is indeed a somewhat lighter version of the original, the rose and coffee notes bring an entirely new dimension to JV's latest entry. Also transitions well from a day-to-evening wear fragrance, with more sillage than the original, and appears to be selling quite well if the fact that only one store in town still had it in stock after the holidays.

18 January, 2010

Artisan by John Varvatos

Andrew and Evinick are both spot on. Love this frag, only wish it had better longevity (2-3 hours only on my skin).

27 February, 2009 (Last Edited: 06 April, 2010)

Burberry London for Men by Burberry

I have to agree with what's already been said here repeatedly: this is a superior, classy, warm, sexy and masculine scent that is best suited to fall/winter use. The dry down in fantastic, and for me a little goes a long way and has excellent projection and longevity. As previously stated, a real compliment grabber. The only Burberry frag. I've become attached to and one of the few reasons to look forward to winter!

08 December, 2008

Boss Pure by Hugo Boss

Having never been a fan of Boss frags, "Pure" pleasantly surprised me! After first experiencing it on a card, I was intrigued by the light, dare I say "fresh" properties of this fragrance. The following weekend, I happened to be in Nordstrom's, and the SA at the men's frag counter was pushing Pure. Two sprays on my neck, and I was hooked. Within 15 minutes of walking around the mall, I'd had two inquiries as to what I was wearing; went back and bought a bottle.
    Pure has good sillage and for me, excellent longevity. It's light and crisp, and has proven to be a good choice for the office. When first applied, the top notes are quite bold, but it quickly settles down and mellows into mildly spicy, citrusy, full-bodied accords.

15 July, 2008

Desire Blue by Dunhill

I enjoyed this briefly, but as I learned more about fragrances, began to detect a "cheap" feel to Desire Blue. Have a near-full bottle if anyone is interested in a swap...

30th June, 2008

Fuel For Life pour Homme by Diesel

Tried this in a department store yesterday. Wasn't sure what to think about it at first -- there was a familiarity to it I just couldn't put my finger on. When I got home, my partner asked if I'd spilled gasoline on myself while filling up the car.
    Perhaps a good choice for NASCAR fans, but I'll pass...

21st November, 2007

John Varvatos by John Varvatos

This and Varvatos Vintage are currently my two favorite scents. Very masculine, and I've never worn any fragrance that draws so many positive comments from both sexes.
    Both this and Vintage last a good 8 - 10 hours for me. A unique, versatile, and very sexy scent for work and play.

19 November, 2007