Reviews by drlake66

Youth Dew Amber Nude by Estée Lauder

I've never tried the original Youth Dew. When I read the description of Youth Dew Amber Nude something told me I would love it and I do. It is just fabulous. When I wear it I feel wrapped in a sensual and rich cloak that lingers without being overpowering.

25 February, 2007

Coco by Chanel

Coco is one of my all time favorite fragrances. I admit that I'm not a sophisticated nose so I can't necessarily describe the notes. But I do know that I love it. Once is has settled on my skin there seems to be a happy melding of the two. This fragrance will always be on my top 10 list.

26 January, 2006

Angel by Thierry Mugler

This is another perfume that I thought I would love - I mean c'mon chocolate, caramel & vanilla, I should've been in heaven. And for a short time I was. When I first used this perfume I adored it. That didn't last long. Within a few weeks I couldn't bring myself to wear it anymore. I eventually gave it away. Now I can't even bear to smell it on someone else. I have the same type of flashback reaction to Angel and I have to Poison. I find it cloying and overwhelmingly sweet.

Spellbound by Estée Lauder

Spellbound is one of those fragrances that I loved when I first got it. But after a few months of regular use I couldn't take it anymore. It is a powerful perfume and I still love when I catch a whiff of it on others. But I finally accepted that on me it just didn't work. Having said that, I think on the right woman Spellbound is fabulous.

Knowing by Estée Lauder

There is something about this scent that I keep coming back to. I may ignore it for periods of time, especially in summer, but once the weather is cool again - out it comes. It is a stunning fragrance IMHO