Reviews by danielabeatriz

Vanille by L'Occitane

By far my favorite vanilla perfume ever. It's so sad that they discontinued it... it's very cakey and yet resinous. Some perfumes remind me of it: Vanille Gourmand (Laurence Dumont), Vanille Extreme (Comptoir Sud Pacifique) and Vanille de Madagasgar (Maison de La Vanille). Even though they are all pretty good, they are slighly different and suffer in comparison to the original one from L'occitane. Specially the parfum extrait.

13 February, 2012

Poême by Lancôme

I can absolutely understand why people find it cloying. I like it but even I sometimes get a little sick of it. But overall, is a beautiful and sweet fragrance. Not for the faint of heart.

21st January, 2011

Magical Moon by Hanae Mori

Magical Moon is very creamy, velvety, comforting and feminine. A great vanilla scent with a hint of incense. To me is a cousin of Burnt Sugar, from Commes des Garçons, but more chic. It lingers a lot too.

20th January, 2011

Heaven by Gap

It's not a natural fragrance. It sure is white flowers, but not natural. It smells like plastic doll to me, wich I love. Very unnofensive and a little naive. Unfortunatelly, it doesn't last long...

19 January, 2011

Azurée Soleil Eau Fraiche Skinscent by Estée Lauder

Very sultry coconut, not childish or boring. It have a woody feeling, mixed with flowers and salt water. It really is beachy, just lovely.

Youth Dew by Estée Lauder

I couldn't live without it in my collection - is chic, has a vintage feel and develops beautifully in mys skin - once you go through the aldeidic start it leaves a warm, spicy, velvety feel, with a lot of flowers. A keeper, for sure.

Ange ou Démon by Givenchy

I own the EDT and had once de EDP - I can tell, humbly, that they are quite similar in development, they only differ on the strenght. I didn't like the first time I had it, but now I'm a big fan - but yes, it has a weird opening note that some may find agressive, that kind reminds me of menthol (the same feeling I have with Mandorlo di Sicilia from Aqua di Parma's Blu Mediterraneo) but it develops beutifully.

Vintage Soul by Curve by Liz Claiborne

I'm getting annoyed of this fragrance... at first I like it, but... i don't know, I think the patchouli in it is wearing off... It's not bad, but whenever I use it I remember why it took me so long to wear it again.

13 January, 2011

Fracas by Robert Piguet

Yes, it is big... it can knock a bull down, is NOT to be overused or used in small spaces, hospitals, planes or work. It is very hard to get it, its noisy, loud and a little bit psychotic - but it is very lovable in small quantities, very feminine.

Juicy Couture by Juicy Couture

It is velvety, it is sweet, it is feminine. VERY feminine. It lingers too. I get a whole lot of tuberose, as if it is the baby girl of Fracas, with rosy cheeks and big blue eyes. Don't really get the melon, but the creme brule is there, but basically, yes, tuberose.

Agent Provocateur by Agent Provocateur

There's clearly something wrong in this - as far as my body chemistry goes. I absolutely wanted to like this, for I am a fan of big florals. Somehow, Agent Provocateur simply doesn't work with me. Is offensive to my nose and I get an animalic tone I really dislike. Very sad, because in the bottle - and I believe in someone else - smells great.

Tarte Aux Myrtilles by Laurence Dumont

This fragrance is very true to its name - you can catch the whole blueberry pie, from the buttery crust to the sweet, dark and warm filling. At first I didn't like it at all... after a while I got completely hung. If used with parsimony it get lots of compliments - but don't overspray it, it can get offensive. It reminds me a lot of Chantal Thomass, but a little friskier.