Reviews by llnewcomb

llnewcomb's avatar
    llnewcomb

Stoned by Solange Azagury-Partridge

This is yummy!! A cloud of powdery rose/jasmine with a vanilla bourbon drydown. I also catch the underpinning of Labdanum which give it some interest. It's quality stuff,,,and gets better with each wearing. Although a powdery rose,,,it could work on guys. It is sweet, but not cloying!! I like Cosmic too,,,more bergamot and myrrh,,plus the smooth florals (a chypre), but Stoned is more my style. The bottle is goofy,,but they do include an atomizer that seals the bottle too!!

22 July, 2010

Saks New Orleans by Bond No. 9

This is one lovely scent!! I really don't get the Cajun connection (I have been to NO several times), but this is smooth, gourmand, superbly composed perfume. Nothing stands out,,everything seems to meld together creating one fantastic scent that lasts for hours!!! Now what,,,I need a FB?!

18 June, 2010

Field Notes from Paris by Ineke

This is really tenacious!! I consider it more to the masculine side of the scale!! I catch the beeswax, Tobacco,,and eventually Vanilla,,,but it takes too long to get there!! I do like the drydown,,,,several hours after spraying.

28 November, 2009

Explorer by Boadicea the Victorious

Yikes!! This is a strong one!! Straight up incense-y. I guess it's the cypress!! Nothing tempers it either IMHO. If I were to compare--Tauer's L'Air du desert M is akin to this at first. But Tauer's settles into a warm vanilla drydown that's comfortable. Defintely a masculine scent.

25 July, 2009

Divine by Boadicea the Victorious

Fabulous!! Tried Delicate,,,o.k,,,but just meh!! Couldn't figure out what I liked about Divine,,,then realized it was the aldehydes. Sophisticated,,,slightly green.

22 July, 2009

Delicate by Boadicea the Victorious

According to the notes,,,I should like this. Didn't really catch the clove in this,,,that would have sparked it for me. This is just meh,,,been there,,done that to me!! 2 down 14 to go!!

22 July, 2009

Unspoken by Roja Dove

Outstanding Chypre!! Starts off with a blast of bergamot,,,as in most chypres. Then a candied sweetness of rose and ginger. It's stunning,,,and my idea of a good chypre. FBW!!! This for the Eau de Parfum,,,moderate lasting power,,,would love to be able to afford the parfum.

26 January, 2009