Reviews by Allen-on-Holiday

Allen-on-Holiday's avatar
    Allen-on-Holiday

Soul by Curve for Men by Liz Claiborne

When I tried "Soul by Curve" today, I knew it was a Liz Claiborne scent... but it reminded me of something else... and then, I realized what: the drydown smells like Bora Bora, which I already have, so I saved my money.

18 September, 2005

Spark Seduction for Men by Liz Claiborne

I don't know what the notes in Spark Seduction are, but I got some of this sprayed on my hand today and realized it reminds me of 2 other fragrances: Burberry London, and Lacoste "Style in Play" (the red one), so I think there's cinnamon in it. It didn't last long, and both Lacoste and London seem to be better scents.

18 September, 2005

Stetson Black by Stetson

When I tried "Stetson Black" at a local discount store, I didn't expect too much, being another Coty drugstore fragrance. From the bottle, it smells peppery, sensual, and mysterious... very nice! But the second it touched my skin, it smelled completely different. Too bad it's not the same on skin (at least, MY skin). I wish a better fragrance house would take these same notes and make it with better ingredients, I would certainly buy it.

10th September, 2005 (Last Edited: 13 August, 2012)

Polo Blue by Ralph Lauren

I would describe this scent as "mediocre": nothing special, nothing to remember. I expected more from Ralph Lauren... especially since I was a huge fan of the original green. I will save my money for something with a little more personality.

04 September, 2005

Safari for Men by Ralph Lauren

Safari has been one of my VERY favorites for years. How can eucalyptus, cinnamon, and vetiver together be bad? Sniffing a paper card can't reveal it's depth: it must be worn.

04 September, 2005

Horizon by Guy Laroche

It sounds wonderful, although I have never smelled it, so I can't honestly rate it "good". But with grapefruit, mandarin, and mint as topnotes, how could it be bad? This is now on my wish-list.

03 September, 2005

Woodhue for Men by Fabergé

It's been probably 20 years since I have smelled this one, but I remember liking it; would love to smell it again.

Polo Sport by Ralph Lauren

I must admit it's been a few years since I wore Polo Sport, but, as I recall, it was so sickeningly sweet that I actually got nauseous while wearing it.

Burberry for Men by Burberry

This scent reminds me of warm gingerbread cookies in wintertime... but I don't know why: as far as I know, there's not any ginger in it.

Quasar by J del Pozo

This Quasar by J del Pozo(not to be confused with the other one by the same name which I haven't tried) reminds me of Chrome: both are light and wispy. In fact, I had to use quite a bit of Quasar to smell it on myself, and even then it faded away too early. Although I wish it were stronger, the smell of banana peels and newsprint is definitely unique, and nice enough to wear daily. I can live with it or without it.

28 August, 2005 (Last Edited: 06 November, 2005)