Reviews by aromaman

aromaman's avatar
    aromaman

Mouchoir de Monsieur by Guerlain

A week ago, I sampled Jicky for the first time (in the parfum form) and was blown away by its refined character. I quickly searched Basnotes and learned how MdM is commonly viewed as a more masculine version. So, I went online and purchased a bottle of MdM. I've just recieved it and let me say that I have never been so excited by a fragrance. Wow. It really is everything I have been looking for - masculine, elegant, soft, refined. Dreamy. Relaxing. Breathtaking. I cannot stop sniffing my arm! Top marks Guerlain. Please don't ever discontinue this one.

11th June, 2008 (Last Edited: 13 July, 2008)

Tom Ford for Men by Tom Ford

We don't get the TFFM adverts in Australia, so I feel my opinion is based truely on the smell of this fragrance. Sophisticated. Refined. But cheeky. A bit 70s. A bit now. Sweet, spicy, woody and fresh all at once. My fav at the moment.

Soir de Lune by Sisley

Very classy. Very chic. Very French. Soir de Lune is a fragrance exuding the essence of French perfumery. There's nothing synthetic to this smell. Top marks. 10/10.

Le Mâle Summer by Jean Paul Gaultier

It's hot (30C + in summer, never below 20C in winter), humid (80% + in summer) where I live. While I do enjoy the power of Le Male (original), the fragrance is too overpowering to wear in my city, even in winter. Le Male Summer is the answer. For sure, it's a pared back version of Le Male, and that's what makes it so enjoyable in my type of climate.