Reviews by Tony K

Tony K's avatar
    Tony K

Eternity for Men by Calvin Klein

Ok, I know everyone hates this, but I love me some Eternity. This is the smell of High School circa 1988, and I still get it. It is not revolutionary now, but it smells thousands time better than half of the dreck that passes as fragrance now.

14 April, 2008

Michael for Men by Michael Kors

Wow, this one is hard for me. I like it sometimes, and then others, um... not so much. It has a great style and presence, bold tobacco, and suede notes shining through. Sometimes way too overpowering on my skin, even with just one spritz, and then, at other times smells fantastic. Definitely a nightime club type fragrance, and you need a certain charisma to pull it off.

10th December, 2007

Gucci Pour Homme II by Gucci

I like this, don't love it, but like it enough to keep it in my rotation. The violet, and black tea hit you right away, and I suspect, the reasons I keep returning for more. This is an un-complicated, easy to wear fragrance, and I allways feel good wearing it. Mostly, a daytime, or weekend type of fragrance, but compared to the boring releases of late, I have to give this a thumbs up.

Brit for Men by Burberry

Yikes! don't hang me for this one, but this smells hideous on me. The other problem is that I don't like it on anyone else either. Hate to be a party pooper but this smells like rotten pears. I know the popularity, just not my thing

Ungaro III by Ungaro

This is wonderful, fabulous, over the top. Not enough words to describe the beauty that lies within this big, and bold edt. I bought this for myself years ago, and have had nothing but compliments each, and every time I wear it. Call it goth, call it floral, call it whatever, but if you want to be noticed, this is the way to go. Please, Ungaro never discontinue this, I would be devastated forever.

Roma Uomo by Laura Biagiotti

Another one of my favorites. The vanilla, tangerine, grapefruit combo is out of this world. I buy this constantly in fear that they will someday discontinue it. Please Ms.Biagiotti, or Procter & Gamble, have mercy, and keep this in production...

Paco Rabanne Pour Homme by Paco Rabanne

Love this, so timeless. I love the clean smell. Seems simple, but at closer inspection quite complicated, as stated before, quite green. I get complimented constantly by this fragrance from the early 70's, and I am a product of that time. It just goes to show all that is old is new again.

Envy for Men by Gucci

Too much for me, something in this does not agree with me. Love to smell it on others. On me however, it smells of menthol. Obviously, a rich, well put together edt. I just wish it agreed with me, therefore, a neutral rating.

Gucci pour Homme by Gucci

I love this, this is the longest lasting fragrance that I own. The longevity is astonishing, I get the pencil shavings analogy, but these are mighty fine. I love the incense, and woody combination. The best winter fragrance ever IMHO. Will allways have a bottle of this stashed away.

08 December, 2007