Reviews by festusbodine

Subtil pour Homme by Salvatore Ferragamo

I have no idea why the 3 people who reviewed this product hate it so much. I LOVE it! I can't say WHY I love it, but I do. My only criticism is that it fades somewhat after 6 - 8 hours or so. But that's no a bad thing either.

01st November, 2004

Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée by Chanel

I've been wearing this on and off since college in 1991. I disagree with some of the other reviews that this is an older man's fragrance. A masculine scent is just that - and this one is so simple, lightly spicy, barely citrusy. I hadn't worn it for years and recently came back to it. It's a classic, working well in the daytime and evening as well. I will say however that the cologne is not the same. Only the concentree has the richness needed to make this fragrance work.

28th September, 2004

Bowling Green by Geoffrey Beene

I haven't seen this fragrance around in years. It was one of my very favorites. I was 17 years old in 1987 when I bought my first bottle. It reminds me of a summer that I spent performing at a music festival in Greensboro, North Carolina. I stayed in a dormitory at Guilford College. The scent of bowling green evokes the freshly rolling lawns outside the old dormitory. Notes of cut grass, lemon/lime, and other bright notes with barely a hint of spice underneath. Where did it go?

28th September, 2004