Reviews by silverbullet

1861 by Xerjoff

As you all know by now my reviews are not as wordy as I'd like them to be :)

This is my first Xerjoff and am pleased to say that from top to base this fragrance is over the top. I not sure if anyone really has a signature scent, but this could well be one of mine.

Superb!!
09th April, 2015

Bleu de Chanel by Chanel

Very disappointed. No projection & poor longevity.
28th December, 2011

Unforgivable by Sean John

To me it's a watered down version of Creed's MI. Longevity is about 60 minutes and sillage is nonexistent.
26th June, 2011

1 Million by Paco Rabanne

The only notes I get are rose,cinnamon,amber, and Patchouli. On my dry skin it seems to be quite linear from mid to base. Excellent longevity and sillage. I would have given it a thumbs up but the overly sweetness and cloying makes it a neutral rating.
11th May, 2011

M7 by Yves Saint Laurent

One of the best agarwood, vetiver, and amber frags and definitely in my top ten winter scents. Be forewarned, this is a sillage powerhouse, be gentle with the sprays. Double thumbs up on this one .
22nd January, 2011

Antidote by Viktor & Rolf

Did you say "complex"!! Jeez this frag is so complicated and dynamic I don't know where one note evolves into the next. This was a sample from a friend and after 3 runs we are now arch enemies, J/K . Whoever mentioned Eternity is spot on. I would not buy this.
29th August, 2010

Piper Nigrum by Lorenzo Villoresi

I definitely detect the pepper from top to bottom, but as it drys down it just becomes a softer spice for me. My lady friend loves it. When I left the room she couldn't wait till I came back because she liked it that much.
30th October, 2009 (last edited: 31st January, 2011)

Armani Privé Bois d'Encens by Giorgio Armani

I don't give thumbs down. This frag smells like the Dallas Cowboy's locker room after Superbowl XXVII in 1993.
23rd April, 2009

Hai Karate by Healthpoint Ltd

This toxic waste has torn a hole in the ozone!!
01st April, 2009

Carven Homme (original) by Carven

I'm not a big fan of vetiver. But I love this blend along with the Comme de Garcons Vettiveru. FB worthy for me.
11th March, 2009

Borneo 1834 by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

Chocolate and Patchuoli. How very interesting combo. I'm not a big patchouli fan, but I would buy a FB.
07th February, 2009

Collection Homme Atlas Cedar by Jean-Charles Brosseau

I agree with vadim, top note had some cedar and I mean some. 5 minutes into drydown, nothing, nada. I'll pass.
26th November, 2008

Amandes Orientales by Montale

I need to give this another go, smells like Elmer's glue to me. Or that Ross Mucilage brownish colored syrup paste we used in old school.
03rd July, 2008

Acqua di Sale by Profumum

I agree somewhat with Vibert on the licorice and cucumber, but I think it's the marine algae that's appealing to me. It's just OK.
16th May, 2008

Jubilation XXV by Amouage

Wow, Vibert hits it right on the head:

"Liberal application improves Jubilation's longevity as well. The luxurious drydown persists for hours and hours and is without question this fragrance's best feature. Oudh, myrrh, and opopanax engage in a complex dance upon a stage of leather. The medicinal astrigency of oudh and myrrh offer a perfect balance to the sweet opopanax."

13th April, 2008

Black Aoud by Montale

Like Vibert, I wanted to like it as well. But on me, I didn't care for it.
16th January, 2008
16th January, 2008

Bigarade Concentrée by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

OK. I wouldn't buy it. Smells a little like black licorice to me.
14th January, 2008

Santal Blanc by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

Thankful I only sampled it..not for me..it smells like rotten cocoa , may be the fenugreek. I'll pass.
27th December, 2007

Pi by Givenchy

Very long lasting but borderlines on too sweet.
24th December, 2007