Reviews

Reviews by hubert delauney

GapBody Washed Cotton by Gap

washed cotton smells clean fresh and lives up to its name. Perfect if that's what you're looking for. Smells good.

The Dreamer by Versace

The dreamer is wonderful. If you like le Male and wear it well, the Dreamer should work for you also. Beware the strong gin & tonic tarragon topnotes, but the middle and base are wonderful wonderful wonderful. a little is enough

Index Tobacco Caramel by Fresh

yuk. thankfully this was a gift so I didn't have pay to smell this synthetic headache inducing....stuff. Tried to pass it along--no one wants it.

Grass by Gap

I wish I had purchased these Gap frags. I always spritzed them on...grass, om, and the rest of the discontinueds when I went to The Gap...they were good but I always just meant to buy one and never did, they were slightly strange and interesting.

Drakkar Noir by Guy Laroche

My old girlfriend bought this for me as my High School Graduation gift. She knew I was into colognes big time, and her choice was great--As long as I a careful applying this (a small amount goes a LONG way) it is fantastic. It was my favorite scent through college.

Je Reviens by Worth

My wife has the EdT and it smells wonderful on her. Clean, fresh crisp, warm, sunshine in a lightly wooded area to me, violets are blooming, and all this from a low-cost bottle of toilet water purchased at the drugstore. Marvelous!

Dior Addict by Christian Dior

A very unusual and irresistible scent. Startling topnotes followed by a lush sexy middle and warm creamy smooth drydown
Unusual and a classic!

Life's a Bed of Roses by Lulu Guinness

This one is like a bouquet of roses once the sweet (lychee! lilac!) bright top notes mellow a bit. It doesn't take long and the middle notes are heavenly. You have to truly love old fashioned garden roses to enjoy this one.The dry down is nice but not too long lasting. I think this is Lu Lu's best.
09th May, 2008

Bellodgia by Caron

This is in my top five of favorite Carons. It smells like the pink carnations in my grandmother's garden and there is rose... Rich, yes, but it's still a clean light floral scent on my wife's skin. Nice sillage and a very dreamy creamy drydown. I can't imagine this one disappointing anyone.
04th May, 2008

Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland

I love Patrick also. I get a little Irish Beach, The forest of St. Patrick up in Ulster --they manage to get a bit of the scent of the countryside in this one.
Fresh yet warm. Nice!
20th April, 2008

Chant D'Arômes by Guerlain

I agree with Ayala's review 100% delicate sweet and gardenia for those who cannot normally wear it. very gentle.
15th April, 2008

Champs-Elysées Too Much by Guerlain

Too Much has strong Almond /Woodsy notes in the base and is sweeter and stronger than the original-- If you don't like almondy tones and fruit, don't go for it. However, my daughter loves it and loves the incredible bottle. so from her, a thumbs up.
13th April, 2008

Azzaro Now Women by Azzaro

This is kind of bland. sorry. (!)

Cuir Beluga by Guerlain

Marvelous . Very very fresh very very sexy--this one is pure genius.

5 gold stars
06th April, 2008 (last edited: 15th April, 2008)

Aqua Allegoria Anisia Bella by Guerlain

I was drawn to Anisia Bella after a friend mentioned it reminded her of Apres L'Ondee. After I bought a bottle I could see exactly what she meant --several times I found myself slightly reminded of Apres L'Ondee (edp--I have not tried the edt yet)--

the cool watery feel of Anisia Bella is beautiful. There is a chilly bitter licorice moment before it mellows...cool and delectable yet non-sweet, not fruity at all--just like a very long cool breeze. A very calming scent--

the first time my daughter tried it she disliked it, now she loves it in hot weather and loathes it in cold weather. I agree that it is a summertime scent.

Petit Guerlain (original) by Guerlain

I just ordered this one based on the review. I plan to give it to my daughter.
My guess is that someone in our household will love it.

Chantilly by Dana

A happy fizzy scent--easy to find. We got a gift set last year with the body lotion and my daughter loved it.

J'Adore by Christian Dior

smells good, like some tree blossoming in spring--

Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel

we were at a party and a woman was wearing this--I was captivated, and so was my wife-- my wife asked her if she was wearing something by Dior-- she was thinking Miss Dior Cherie maybe, (or the word Miss/Mademoiselle had popped into her head) but this scent was warmer and sexier than the lovely Miss Dior Cherie.
The woman said "Coco Mademoiselle" and we all said "Chanel" at the same time. This woman smelled so good it was amazing.
Since then I bought a bottle of the edp and it has been my wife's springtime '08 scent. I usually like a variety of scents but have been craving just this one lately.
03rd April, 2008

Aqua Allegoria Angélique Lilas by Guerlain

This is another wonderful Aqua Allegoria --A true lilac scent blending well with the other notes. The lialc is always present. I bought this in cold weather, so my wife will have to see how it is in summer. It is very nice so far--nice enough for a repeat buy, definitely.
19th January, 2008

Champs-Elysées by Guerlain

Sparkling topnotes, somewhat like popping the cork on a Champagne bottle, as many others have said--it's true. The middle notes are like summer breezes in a beautiful bottle, a touch of almond and berries....
Light s fresh clean--not too sweet, not too light--My wife smells WONDERFUL wearing this scent.

She sparkles in it!
16th January, 2008

Occur! by Avon

I just bought a bottle at a thrift shop that had a thick layer of congealed perfume in the bottom-- "Occur" It certainly did not ring a bell, and my wife had no clue either. The scent smelled like a beautiful strong oriental leather type of scent. We could really smell the carnation too- I am surprised that Avon made this, and the bottle is very Un-Avon like-very nice elegant bottle.
15th January, 2008

Angelique Noire by Guerlain

Mrs. D is ready for a new bottle-- very warm sexy frag. Love it.
10th January, 2008 (last edited: 06th April, 2008)

Trésor (new) by Lancôme

Tresor is one of my favorite perfumes --it smells heavenly on my wife--she wears it well and the rose apricot combination are divine. Now my sister in law tried to wear it and it smelled terrible on her--bitter fruit. but then, different skin types, different reactions anyone knows that! --of course she is going to say the scent is a failure, simply because it fails her--well, it works wonderfully on many others, so it is something to try --on my wife it is a soft seductive perfume. The perfumer is a genius, as they created a scent that works for most people. I feel sorry for those that this scent doesn't work for, but please realize you play a role.

Sun Moon Stars by Lagerfeld

What a nice peachy scent--so clean, and yet powdery in a good way. very romantic scent , rose and peach and heliotrope blended so well... just delicious.

I don't get any citrus or pineapple at all from this.

Cabotine by Grès

I was terribly put off by the negative reviews here and almost did not buy a bottle of Cabotine for my wife. Someone said it smelled moldy on their skin and I found that to be enough to make me think it was a nasty scent. I returned to basenotes later however and found many reviews that were postive. I decided to trust them and my wife tested in for a few days--it was lovely from start to finish! We were amazed by it! It is the incense note I think, blended with the carnation, because we also love Caron's Parfum Sacre. I give this scent an enthusiastic thumbs up.
10th January, 2008 (last edited: 10th April, 2008)

No. 22 by Chanel

The top notes remind me of Chanel No. 5 so much, but it becomes something else altogether. I prefer the EdT to the perfume, as it is lighter and sexier. It is sexy and dignified at the same time. A true lady. It is a wonderful scent, but the perfume version is a bit too powerful, handle the perfume version with caution--don't drench yourself in it please!

Bulgari pour Femme by Bulgari

Sexy ...as Bvlgari himself said--a tribute to woman, a tribute to femininity. Clean and fresh, not at all powdery on my wife's skin, rather more like silk.
Here is a sweet feminine perfume with dignity.

Acqua di Parma Iris Nobile by Acqua di Parma

I just bought a bottle of this for my daughter. The iris butter at the top and the Vanilla at the base (and all that is in between) make it a lovely blend. It is very creamy, warm, and lasts all day.
28th December, 2007

Insolence Eau de Toilette by Guerlain

This stuff is the younger more modern cousin of Apres L'Ondee. People tend to judge scents by their topnotes or by trying them only once. Insolence is beautiful, but sadly it is easy to dismiss quickly. Thankfully it is selling very well in France and the USA, so there are people who see it's worth.

Roucel has never disappointed. Insolence is a scent with both Guerlainade and the Roucel touch-- bravo!
26th December, 2007