Reviews by frankiemac28

Italian Cypress by Tom Ford

Have a range of longterm HGs including, Fleur de The Rose Bulgarie, Cuir de Russie and Marquis de Sade 1740........have to say this Tom Ford Italian Cypress is THE best Classy fragrance like those I have smelled in a lonnnggg time.
    It's very expensive, get a sample and if you love it like me, buy a decanter of 250ml as it's hugely better value. £300........five x 50ml bottles will cost you over £600 !! But, it is long lasting (many hours) has great sillage. Agree, it is def a masculine orientated one in my opinion too, Green, Woody, Spicy. If you are a Lady and love it, get it for your other half !
    Not since FdeTR or CdeR have I smelled any fragrance I've thought........this is for Movie Stars !!

17 October, 2012

Fleur de Thé Rose Bulgare by Creed

Was at the Theatre one evening and kept smelling this fantastic scent drifting towards me. Narrowed it down when this lady walked past to venture out for the Interval. Politely asked her what the fantastic fragrance she had on was called and we ended up having an enlightening half hour conversation on fragrance. I'm not over fond of most Creed fragrances but when she told me about FdTRB I immediately bought a flask the following week. Without doubt THE most classy fragrance I have ever bought. Expensive yes, but good sillage and exceptionally long lasting. Have never once worn it and not been asked what it was and been complimented on its allure. It's linear....but so fabulous and beautiful.....who wants it to change !!

Tubéreuse Criminelle by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

Danced around this for a long time before buying as I was drawn into the allure by such juxtaposed comments on it. Seems to be amongst the most revered and most hated in the comments made in Reviews. Having previously purchased Un Cedre I surmised I'd like it because I liked Lutens tubereuse tack on that.
    TC is however a very different beast. Where I had to sell-on Un Cedre due to it being a bit too feminine for a guy, IMO this is to me immensely more suitable for a man to wear. The opening medicinal note that so many seem to hate is the element that lends it's masculinity. I'm no wallflower and could care less about what others thoughts on my fragrance are, but I'd be fibbing if I said I didn't think some fragrances are just a bit too feminine for a guy. (JilSander No 4 and Une Rose are personal favourites in this vein).
    For all you guys out there Tubereuse Criminelle is a real winner. NEVER had as many good comments about any of the myriad things I've previously flaunted.
    Odd, initially heavy, alluring, very classy (in the A di P Colonia and Fleur de TRB vein) but soft, understated and subtle when it settles. Buy it now. If you ever get to Heaven this is what they'll be wearing.
    Unfortunately.......Serge is not paying me to say this. Honest. lol

Coup de Fouet by Caron

Imagine En Avion crossed with Messe de Minuit. It is aptly named, it does have that crackling ozone electric feel to it. Fire and brimstone. A fragrance for someone who knows where they're at, and means business. "The pistol was still smoking.....the man lay on the floor" Addictive, I didn't like it at first. Love it now, one of those fragrances that's an acquired taste

Acqua di Parma Colonia by Acqua di Parma

History would have it Cary Grant, Ava Gardner and Audrey Hepburn were big fans. It had been an established classy favourite for many years before making a comeback when the new owners took over. It is not standout (therefore fine for business) but very subtle, as people have asked many times what I'm wearing. I'd say mostly citrus but with an added extra something that raises it above the ordinary. Maybe the Ylang Ylang. Some say lavender but I don't find it there too much, amber, slight rose and jasmine too. It is without doubt the classiest light fragrance I own. Hope that helps. My daughter won't let me wear anything else when I'm with her.