Reviews by dimplesg

DKNY Delicious Night by Donna Karan

This is also my favourite from the 'Delicious' range. Its is mysterious and 'warm'. I don't find it to be a very heavy scent with my body chemistry.

To be honest, I have had this scent a few years and forgot that I had it but rediscovering it again has been great.

Definitely my typical scent - warm and comforting!
05th August, 2012

Eternity Moment by Calvin Klein

I saw this on sale & decided to give it a try.

When the shop assistant initially described it as floral I almost decided not to try it as I dislike floral scents. I tried it and was surprised. Its a very wearable floral - a scent that can be worn every day.

Its inoffensive and like an earlier reviewee (lady love) has mentioned this is the kind of scent which will make you love a floral even though its not your type of scent.

This perfume lasts all day on me and its one of those in my collection that I wear when I'm not sure what to wear, if you see what I mean.

Nina (new) by Nina Ricci

I'd loved this scent for some time but never got around to purchasing it and only had a sample.

Just before my anniversary, my husband told me to choose a perfume of my choice so I eventually got my 'Nina'.

It is a sweet perfume but not a gourmand IMO. Even though its an EDT it lasts alld day on me.

A very nice scent that I would wear daily and I love the bottle.

Sensuous by Estée Lauder

When I initially read the description of this perfume a few years ago, it described the type of perfume that I like so I made a point to 'try before I buy' which I don't always do.

At that point I wasn't impressed with the scent; the musk seemed waaay to heavy on me, almost like a perspiration type of scent (although I notice from the notes that the ingredients do not contain musk).

I decided to give it another try whilst browsing through duty free on my way home from my holidays and I decided I liked (not loved) it. My husband gave it a sniff and decided he liked it so I bought the set containing an evening clutch bag and a shimmer scented powder.

Its a very womanly scent, musky (to me) and wears very close to the skin. Grown up and womanly just like one of my favourites 'Ange ou Demon'.

Rebelle by Rihanna

I absolutely love this perfume, it is sweet but not in a girly way - gourmand and lasts all day.

Definitely worth the money and a very good offering from Rihanna for a celebrity scent. This was the perfume that I use on my holidays (vacation) so it will always remind me of happy times. It also has a kind of 'tropical holiday' smell to it.

Very nice if you like sweet perfumes (its not cloying by the way).

24 Gold by ScentStory FZE

I saw this in a clearance box in a perfume store. I thought I'd take a sniff and was very surprised.

The sales assistant informed me that it was for men but from researching the internet I find that its unisex.

This is a beautiful rich scent. Its the type of scent that wil leave a beautiful waft of scent behind you as you pass through a room. I've just purchased it but I'm guessing that the longevity is great. My typical scent - sweet, oriental, warm and cosy. In the same family of Queen by Queen Latifah which I adore.

Not very well known but a bargain and well worth the money. Glad I discovered by accident.
18th May, 2012

Unconditional pour Femme by Peter Andre

Quite a good offering for a celebrity perfume. Quite heady, strong and long lasting but does not smell cheap at all.

Many may say that it should be worn on a night out but I tend to wear different scents when I feel like it.

I purchased my for a bargain at a local chemist, so I guess its smells even nicer at a bargain price.
06th April, 2012

Unconditional Love by Philosophy

I love many perfumes & there are very few that I can actually say that I strongly dislike, but I really dislike this this scent. It reminds me of blackcurrant beechams for cold and flu. I order it off a shopping channel and I was so glad of the money back guarantee.

If you want to try a scent by Philosophy, try Inner Grace, Pure Grace or Amazing Grace (especially Inner).
25th March, 2012

Queen by Queen Latifah

I absolutely love this perfume. IMO not sweet or as strong as some are describing it. Its is very warm and sensuous. One of my favourite perfumes is Dior Addict, and although Queen is not in the same league as addict, the 'warmness' reminds me of it. One of those perfumes you can't really smell on yourself but every now and again you get a waft of it and feel comforted. I like tonka bean as an ingredient and this is in Queen and Addict. I didn't even test this, I bought it on the strength of descriptions on basenotes and youtube and its even better than I imagined. Not widely available, so I will be cherishing my 100ml bottle. Very beautiful, classy and mature. A very good offering for celebrity perfume
10th November, 2011

Heat by Beyonce

I really love this scent; I think its a great offering for a celebrity scent. Yes it is quite sweet but not in a childish way. It is sweet and sophisticated. It is quite heady and musky to me and it lasts all day. Smellls classy for its status and also the cost. Well done Beyonce!
15th October, 2011

Luscious Pink by Mariah Carey

I like this but just like not love. Its one of those perfumes that when you're not sure to wear you will pick up. Its neither here or there, bad or good just neutral which is why I've scored it as neutral. Don't get me wrong, it is pleasant and seems to last a few hours it you spray quite a few sprays. Good for office wear or weekends or days when you can't decide what mood you're in. Definitely not a signature scent, just nice maybe a bit boring. My next purchase will be the original which I think will be more my cup of tea.
15th October, 2011

Naj-Oleari (new) by Naj-Oleari

A very generic smelling perfume - reminds me of a weaker version of Noa. Its not horrible but its not 'up there' with some of the more distinguished scents. A nice perfume for work. I think the word 'nice' sums it up correctly.
23rd June, 2011

Carolina Herrera by Carolina Herrera

I forgot how lovely this fragrance is! I discovered it again today going through an draw full of old perfumes. I bought this 100ml bottle over 12 years ago, have only used around 25ml and it hasn't gone off; probably because it was still in its box in a draw. Anyway, back to the scent. IMO it is a pretty strong scent but I love scents with presence. Its not really musky, dark and heavy but more floral heavy. I'm not very good at describing scents as some of the more experienced perfume experts on basenotes but I do know that it is a pretty scent in a more mature kind of way. It is also, for me, a feel good perfume and full of class.
19th June, 2011

Donna Karan Gold by Donna Karan

I really want to like this scent, especially due to all the positive reviews but I find it very heavy and the smell of lily seems very concentrated. I will persevere with this as my bottle is still full and I don't hate it but I think I need to give it more time.
18th February, 2011

Halle by Halle Berry

I'm not sure what I think of this one. I own it but rarely werar it. There is an ingredient in this which is quite heavy & cloying otherwise I think this is one that you to be in the mood to wear - quite sweet and heavy.
18th February, 2011

Belle d'Opium by Yves Saint Laurent

This happens to be my latest purchase, which I love dearly. I have given it a neutral rating as for a premium perfume, it doesn't last at all which makes it very disappointing!
23rd January, 2011

Ange ou Démon by Givenchy

When this first came out I didn't like it but now I love it to bits. I've just bought it today & I think this may be one of my all time favourites now. This perfume spells class; very classy, not overpowering just classy. You would expect to smell this on a woman who has very crisp classy clothes - probably 30's - 40's. Definitely not for the likes of those who wear the sweet girly perfumes. It has a hint of sweetness but then again it doesn't. It is complex in a good way. Class in a bottle!
03rd October, 2010

Hard Candy by Hard Candy

Not sure about this one yet. I bought it on a whim in the shops - 100ml bottle for £14.99. I prefer the dry down smell. On first spraying this perfume it smelt a bit fly spray'ish to me. I need to wear it a bit more but good value for money anyway.
02nd July, 2010

Unforgivable Eau Fraiche by Sean John

Tested this for the second time today. Still not convinced whether to purchase it yet. Its a very sweet but likeable scent; good for summer. I reminds me of YSL Yvresse (previously Champagne) only its a bit lighter. I think I may have to test again to decide whether to buy it.
29th June, 2010

Ricci Ricci by Nina Ricci

I love this scent. Its sweet but not too sweet. I like to wear it in the office. Its a very pleasant scent with longevity.
04th June, 2010 (last edited: 28th June, 2010)

D&G La Roue de la Fortune 10 by Dolce & Gabbana

When I first tried this scent i liked it so much that I had to run back to the shop to buy it. After purchasing it and now having it for over a year I've hardly used it. Don't get me wrong it is a nice scent but I don't know why I don't reach for it very often. Maybe its because it a quite heavy scent. I can't quite imagine a male wearing this scent, I think its too sweet. I'm giving it the thumbs up though because I do actually like it in a strange kinda way.
09th May, 2010 (last edited: 28th June, 2010)

Armani Code Summer for Women by Giorgio Armani

I love the original Armani code. Armani code summer seems to have ommitted a lot of the bottom notes that give the depth. It doesn't match the original but its very pleasant and a good alternative for summer as its not heady at all but you can detect the original within the scent. Lasts for ages on your skin!
07th April, 2010 (last edited: 04th July, 2012)

Very Irrésistible Harvest 2008 Rose Damascena by Givenchy

Had this for my 40th birthday. This is the 'champagne' creme de la creme equivalent in Very Irresistible. You can see the quality on your skin as it consists of a lot of perfume oil. You can smell the gentle rose, its not as cloying or as strong as the original but its a very delicate, well composed perfume. Very hard to come by, my husband bought this for me in duty free at the airport. Its very beautiful, could wear in the day but I would use on special occasions due to the price and how hard to is to get hold of. Beautifully presented in black box with roses on, inside the box is lined with silk/satin.
07th April, 2010

Hugo XX by Hugo Boss

A lovely oriental type scent. Its probably directed towards evening wear but its a scent I would wear in the office, but you only need a couple of sprays. Has the distinctive smell of a Hugo Boss perfume but its lovely.
29th March, 2010

Boss Femme by Hugo Boss

This was given to me as a birthday present. Its non-offensive, a nice office perfume. Fresh and likeable. Not different or unusual just nice.
29th March, 2010

Alien Sunessence by Thierry Mugler

A very pleasant summer fragrance. Even though I like it, I really haven't worn it properly yet and I've had it for about a year. Very light but different.

Emporio Armani Remix She by Giorgio Armani

Another perfume that my husband purchased for me one valentines day. Fruity but not overly fruity in a 'teenage' kinda way. Not an offensive perfume. Definitely one for daytime.

The One by Dolce & Gabbana

I really wanted to like 'The One'. I was looking for a perfume for my 40th birthday in a nice atomiser to travel. I bought this in a lovely gold atomiser with 3 refills, but more on the strength of the 'pretty looking atomiser' for my handbag. It was an expensive mistake. It smells like fly spray on me!

Dior Addict Eau Fraîche by Christian Dior

This is a lovely fragrance - more daytime than the original addict. I still prefer addict but this is a good substitute for the summer months when addict can seem a bit 'heavy'.

Alien by Thierry Mugler

A very warm and comforting scent. I would describe it as an oriental. Even though many people have commented that it lasts long, it doesn't have longevity on me. I would put this in my top ten perfumes. Not for the shrinking violets though!
23rd March, 2010 (last edited: 25th March, 2010)