Reviews by SirSlarty

SirSlarty's avatar
    SirSlarty

Showing 721 to 750 of 1905.

Oyédo by Diptyque

Tart candied lime. Really bright and open in the begining but has terrible lasting power. I love fresh, citrus scents but this one failed to impress me. It doesn't feel fresh or happy like most citrus scents do. Shame.

22 December, 2008

Yang by Jacques Fath

This smells like a greener, slightly citrusy Declaration. Has an "ugly" feel to it but I think that's the point behind it. Dark woody tea, not a clear brisk tea.

22 December, 2008

Kenzo Power by Kenzo

I was reminded of Dior Homme's powdery, floral like accord (that smells like lipstick to me) when I first smelled Power. Doesn't surprise me that the same perfumer did both. Very soft (for a name like Power, don't let that blind you), and definitely floral. Not cloying. Some good stuff right here.

Allure Homme Sport Cologne by Chanel

Take Mugler Cologne and D&G Light Blue for Women and add a TON of lemony citrusy goodness on the top and you have Allure Sport Cologne. Does that sound bad? It doesn't to me!

Voyage by Nautica

Very good aquatic/marine fragrance with a hint of soapiness to it. Free and clean. Great casual wear.

Summer Night by Canali

I knew the pyramid when I received this but I had long forgotten most of it. I smelled Summer Night for the first time and I completely forgot about the pyramid. Iris. A sweet, powdery iris. For summer (I suppose). Like a Dior Homme "Lite" with more florals. Love it! Lacks a bit in longevity but most summer fragrances do.

L by Lolita Lempicka

Woody orange vanilla with cinnamon. Hell, I'd wear this! Just a tad too sweet but that's how Lempicka's fragrances ar. It's a good kind of sweet, though. Very smooth.

Fantasy by Britney Spears

Over the freaking top fruity candy floral. I guess that's typically what girls are supposed to smell like? Other than being freaking sweet, there are some interesting note in here. There's a bitter citrus note wafting around, a chocolatey floral accord and did I mention it was freaking creamy? Good, trashy fun.

Dunhill London by Dunhill

Fruity musk with a very, very light fuzzy powdery basenote. The apple top is good but it's mostly musk.

15 December, 2008

Sir Irisch Moos by Sir

Manly oakmoss and strong, even in the aftershave formulation! Been looking for the EdT but I think it's been discontinued or put on hold and could only find the aftershave. Can be found inexpensively in Germany at department stores. Good bang for the buck (or euro/mark)

15 December, 2008

Love and Luck for Men by Ed Hardy [Christian Audigier]

Unquestionably sour and citrusy in the opening. Dries down quickly into a musky woody accord. It's very, very sharp ad strong and goes from light to dark. A good fragrance and very uplifting. Just lacks longevity.

Alba by Profumum

Woody and resinous, Alba is a creamy combination of woods, hazelnut, woods, almonds, woods, amber and woods. Too bad the woods isn't strong but they are ever present. Dries down int oa typical amber accord. The nuttiness is quite appealing went bolstered by the amber base, make lacks any punch. A calm, and serene scent.

parfums*PARFUMS Luxe: Champaca by Comme des Garçons

Eh, it's alright. Smells like an indolic rose, if that's a champaca flower it's not too exotic. A light musky powdery drydown. I find this a very feminine and typical white flower-esque fragrance.

360 Degrees Black For Men by Perry Ellis

Like all the other "black" fragrance with that moniker, it's mostly sweet. 360 Black does a little change up by adding in a green, leafy note of tea. Smells just like 360 White with tea. Nothing great.

Cozé 02 by Parfumerie Generale

Of all the notes listed... I smell a patchouli note. Resinous accords of amber, coffee and bourbon. These three notes must be giving me a patchouli illusion. Or maybe the illusion of A*Men? Anyways, it's deep but not rich, Coze is slightly herbaceous, lightly boozy, kinda woody but most of all chocolatey coffee. Nice scent but not impressive.

Escentric 01 by Escentric Molecules

Better than Molecule 01, this is peppery and woody and overall a more pleasant experience than Molecule 01. You can't smell it on yourself but on paper you can. I'll call it the Phantom Frag.

Silk by Jalaine

Sweet, creamy, vanilla, musk, and even though it's not listed I swear I smell a touch of ylang-ylang. I was expecting a high, screechy white floral with a name like "Silk" but my predilections of other fragrances called silk are shattered by something that actually is SMOOTH. Has white florals in it but they are intermittently soothed into a thin flowing texture by vanilla. Good stuff.

Citrus Dream by Jalaine

They're not kidding with the name! Outrageously tart and sour. This is PURE CITRUS. It's like a lime lollipop dipped in lemonade mixed with orange and grapefruit juice. Really bittersweet but invigorating. But like most citrus scents, even with perfume oil strength, this doesn't last long, 4 hours tops but really a dream to wear.

Green Tea by Jalaine

There's a Japanese/Chinese restaurant I go to often and for dessert I order their green tea flavored mochi. This reminds me of that dessert but with a touch of lemon. Excellent green tea scent, slightly salty. Good stuff.

Ocean by Jalaine

White florals are aquatic? Eh, I'm not too sure about that. I mentioned that Gardenia smelled a little like a scented candle but better in quality. Ocean IS a scented candle, a pleasant smell but something to fill a room with to freshen it up, not to wear. Musky white florals interplay to form a lightly fresh airy accord. I don't like it as it reminds me of Oust air fresheners.

Vanilla by Jalaine

Not powdery, not overly sweet, this is pure vanilla. Buttery quality to it and sits lightly on the skin. Excellent quality as always with Jalaine. A perfect vanilla? Maybe, since it smells really, really good, there are some that would like projection. Thumbs up!

Patchouli by Jalaine

This patchouli perfume oil has that same texture and feeling as A*Men's patchouli note and even has a hint of vanilla (instead of chocolate). Truly wonderful stuff as it's much richer, deeper and aromatic than other patchouli scents I've smelled. Top quality.

Amber by Jalaine

I was hoping for something rich and deep like the other perfume oils from Jalaine. Amber doesn't seem to provide the depth that an amber scent can provide like in Serge Lutens fragrances or even Obsession for Men. Still, Amber is a good, solid amber just not as aromatic as I'd like. Sweet and powdery with a touch of musk.

Gardenia by Jalaine

Gardenia is a very difficult flower to reproduce accurately. Many occasions and many reviews I've read claim this and I don't doubt it. Jalaine does a great job making a perfume oil that smells very, very close but what perfume is the exact same as the real thing anyways?

A gentle little white flower and high green toned fragrance and smells delightful. Has sorta of a "scented candle" feel to it but it's much richer. Unquestionably feminine but white flowers are used in many mens fragrances i.e. AdG. Very pleasant experience.

Vetiver by Jalaine

A sweet vetiver with amber of really deep green quality. Green earthy and not brown earthiness. High quality oil this is!

parfums*PARFUMS Series 5 Sherbet: Cinnamon by Comme des Garçons

A puff of cinnamon and woody notes but mostly a lot of woods fluff.

Ferrari #1 (Silver) by Ferrari

Weak citrusy top with a touch of ginger. Spicy middle and a very musky drydown with a touch of leather.Not bad but overall very generic.

Comme des Garçons White by Comme des Garçons

Peppery, minty, airy, spicy, rosy. Mostly cinnamon and florals with a cool sandalwood and vetiver drydown. Excellent.

Basi Homme by Armand Basi

Reminds me of other musky ambery scents like Burberry, Animale and Atman. Sweet and vanillic, it's the same ol' same ol'.

Nuit De Longchamp by Lubin

Review for the re-release which is EdP.

Opens with a white floral citrus array of orange blossoms and bergamot and roses. What's really nice about this fragrance is its subtlety. It does not need to be loud and all the notes seems to dance around in a playful mood. Dries down into an elegant chypre with ylang-ylang hovering over top. Beautiful and not all too expensive.

14 December, 2008

Showing 721 to 750 of 1905.