Reviews by SirSlarty

SirSlarty's avatar
    SirSlarty

Showing 871 to 900 of 1905.

Cold by Benetton

Green citrus musk. The scent itself is rather fleeting but itsn't terrible. I see this go for liek four bucks sometimes so just get it for someone you know that needs to smell better without spending a fortune.

Benetton Sport Man by Benetton

Non-descript citrus and musk "sporty" thing. Not high quality but not total junk. Smells perfectly fine but can get a bit ugly at times. Wear in hot weather to enjoy.

Amazing for Men by Bill Blass

Cheap, aromatic fougere like Coty's Avatar. Typical musky drydown. Not much to it.

Umè by Keiko Mecheri

A woody floral that's really, really good. I like the tuberose-like accord that's possibly the combination of several fruit notes. A rich, warm, musky drydown. Men, wear this with confidence.

Quorum Silver by Antonio Puig

Vetiver, amber and some spice. Maybe it's more pine from the combination of amber and spices? Sweet spices maybe... Pretty good.

Peau de Pêche by Keiko Mecheri

Perfumed peaches. Filled with aldehydes, this is well made and doesn't fail to please. It's like Chanel no. 5 for kids... just kidding ;)

White Petals by Keiko Mecheri

A pleasant fresh floral to brighten the mood on a cool, crisp spring day. A bit woody and powdery.

Patchoulissime by Keiko Mecheri

Animalic dry patchouli and a bit of a hay-like note that I think is supposed to be vetiver. What's really nice about this is that it's not over the top like the patchouli in A*Men or others and not too minute as if it's never there. Still, one wonders why every perfumer does a patchouli. Probably it's because people like me like patchouli when it doesn't smell like their old college dormitory at 2am on Thursday night.

Gravel for Men by Gravel

I really have to lay this on thick to get anything from it. Smells like a dirty sandalwood and lemon cologne. Not bad. I've read other reviews and comments about Gravel that either the reviewer's grandfather or father wore Gravel and have had good memories of that cologne.

Fendi Uomo by Fendi

Looks like a love it or hate it fragrance. I hate it. It's a real stinker. Comes off overly boozy, leathery and spicy/herbal. It's so potent that it gets to the point of smothering you into oblivion. This is a fragrance that ends up wearing you.

No. 5 by Chanel

I could not resist getting this classic. I purchased a mini of the parfum after watching the Chanel bio-pic that was on a few months ago. I've always been drawn to Chanel's philsophy "simplicity is elegance". No. 5 does just that. A simple and elegant baby powder floral. I actually wore this on my skin, dry men's skin, and it smells wonderful. Some would say "old lady" just because now the elderly wear it because they wore it when they were teenagers! Teenagers now can wear it but I suppose they are too used to dousing themselves in perfume to understand only a dab of No. 5 is all you need. If you smell it directly from the bottle or from the atomizer on a sprayer, you do not get anything as remarkable as you would on skin.

Beautiful and timeless.

Wild Berries by Keiko Mecheri

Polished raspberries. Not sweet. Not tart. Just a berry smell. Like candy. Like those Creamsavers candies.

Baldessarini Del Mar by Baldessarini

No way. Smells like a lesser version of Armani Code which doesn't make it inherently bad. A musky vanilla... smells OK. Doesn't project a lot.

Knize Forest by Knize

Minty pine like Polo. It wears like Cool Water (doesn't smell like it) with more refined notes and pine added. It's not that simple, though. A refreshjing lemon accord interplays with the pine giving an elegant cooling effect of a forest. Sehr wunderbar!

T Gregory by T Gregory

I smell an orange citrus and amber based cologne like a cross between SIlver Shadow, Halston Z and Allure Homme. Not much going on, really.

Mare by Beth Terry Creative Universe

Traveling Air Mare to foetidus' beach we arrive on the moon Titan circling around the gaseous giant Saturn. Mare smells ethereal, airy and clean and one heck of an oddball aquatic since it's more green, like seaweed, than blue like fresh scents. Cuts to a floral in the heart and fades.

Eucris by Geo F Trumper

Spicy oakmoss. This opens with an unmistakable cumin and citrus accord (a dirty, musky, peppery and spicy note) and dries down into the soap-like note of oakmoss. For distinguished gentlemen.

Milk of Flowers by Geo F Trumper

Cloves are a favorite smell for me from clove cigarettes I used to smoke in college. Milk of Flowers is a little odd in that it's waaaay too much clove, cinnamon and nutmeg. THere's also a creamy/milky amber base. It's like a Christmas pie in your Fruit Loops.

VIP for Men by Giorgio Beverly Hills

Patchouli and leather floral chypre. Touches of cinnamon and another spice with oakmoss in the base. Woody notes like to dance around in the middle. Not a bad scent at all.

Safari for Men by Ralph Lauren

A less than average modified chypre with leather and oakmoss in the drydown, florals in the heart and a top note of watery freshness in the opening. You can pick this up for cheap and be confident about your pruchase. WHile nothing truly amazing, it's a good scent to lounge around in. Not sure what Ralph Lauren had in mind with the name and packing in conjunction with the scent.

Relax by Davidoff

Davidoff Relax, you are an odd creature. I find you comforting yet I cannot take you outside. You are a loud, obnoxious fougere. When you are around you have to tell everyone around you who you are. You are relentless and obscene and you smell like you've been drinking. Relax, big guy and douse yourself with some mint to cool your nerves. Ahhh no not with a mohjito... ah well.

Phileas by Nina Ricci

Stinky! But in a good way. First sniff I recognized it as yet another 80's powerhouse. Fun fact: it's not, it fools you. It's still citrusy, mossy and a little dirty but it's quiet about it. Quiet for an 80's scent that is. Very nice but I still wwould have to go with Paco Rabanne pH or Bijan because they have a woodiness to them I like. Phileas has more of a vegetal/herbal tone to it and would be good to wear in the fall and spring or on cooler summer nights.

Lagerfeld Classic by Lagerfeld

Reminds me of Serge Lutens' Chypre Rouge even though this is an oriental. Strong, powdery, sweet and over the top. A classic? Maybe but from my perspective as a young adult, this is old and smells like the weird uncle most families have. I can see the appeal but it's definitely not me.

Vierges & Toreros by Etat Libre d'Orange

Sweet, smokey leather. Very subtle on my skin and great for a rainy cold day. A little warming and comfortable to wear. While not absolutely fantastic, it's just an all around pleasant scent but nothing outlandish. At the current price and exchange rate, $65 for a 50ml bottle isn't too bad.

Vetiver Extreme by Guerlain

Hmmm, should be called Everything Else But the Vetiver Extreme. TO me, the vetiver notes in the original is exactly the same here. Everything else, the slightly sweet base and the opening dull citrus notes are intensified. Maybe that's what happens when you make vetiver more extreme? You know what? I really dislike all these "extreme" versions. If Davidoff goes bonkers and makes Cool Water Extreme, I'll laugh.

Vetiver Eau Glacée by Guerlain

Good for summer. Opening citrus is a little sweet with the lime note. Rest is the same as Vetiver just doesn't last as long.

"Vintage" Tabaróme by Creed

Musty tobacco. Tobacco that's burly, even intimidating. Very heavy and off-putting if you don't know what to expect! Like Yatagan or Kouros, you need to know what you're sniffing before passing judgment. My judgment is this: old, musty and a little over the top. I'm afraid I do not like this. Perhaps I'm too immature or perhaps my nose just smells something completely different. I can appreciate the following of this scent. Manys positives here and elsewhere. The scent, on me, doesn't work. On the card, it smells fine and even from a distance it's good. Not on me.

Infusion d'Homme by Prada

Soapy iris. I'm on the fence with this. I love, love LOVE the iris note in this. Much better than Dior Homme which I found way too powdery and heavy. Here, at the heart, it becomes an elegant beast. However, Prada puts the same sharp and soapy accord that's found in Prada Amber pour Homme. It turns me off just enought to not like the rest of the scent. Lasts all day and sillage is reasonable.

27th October, 2008

Eau du Fier by Annick Goutal

Smells like smoked BBQ chicken. It comes off as really salty and nasty on my skin.

27th October, 2008

Mazzolari Lui by Mazzolari

Heavy dry sweet (amber) oriental patchouli. This is animalic and dirty. This beautiful scent needs to be worn with confidence and charisma. Two things I lack but I can appreciate the fact that others are and can enjoy this scent to the fullest.

26th October, 2008

Showing 871 to 900 of 1905.