Reviews by SirSlarty

SirSlarty's avatar
    SirSlarty

Showing 1141 to 1170 of 1905.

Fever pour Homme by Céline

Very interesting. I smell a very spicy cinnamon-y scent with cedar. Must be cardamom and incense. This is definitely spicy and woody. Fresh, too. Yet feels somewhat chemical to me. (All fragrances are chemicals! HAHA). Much better than Celine pour Homme.

Monsieur de Givenchy by Givenchy

This isn't a rough citrus nor is it a fresh citrus like in Eau de Paco and the like. This is a full citrus that lasts and is very classy and smoother. If you are looking for a rougher citrus masculine go for Eau Sauvage but if you want a debonair citrus Monsieur de Givenchy is perfect. I prefer Eau Sauvage.

Frankincense & Myrrh by Czech & Speake

I have read that burning frankincense or myrrh produces much different scents than those used in perfumery. Honestly, I have no idea what either smells like burned. I do know that I really like this fragrance. A lemony incense I would say. Longevity is about 4 hours... even for some of the top notes. This really is a pleasant surprise but don't be fooled by the namesake.

Reflection Man by Amouage

A fantastic sweet semi-licorice scent. Lasted only about 4 hours on me and seemed linear but man what a scent.

14th September, 2008

Vetiver 46 by Le Labo

Smokey and woody, at first you'd think you've been had since there's no vetiver! It almost smells like buring woods and incense. The scent is rather relaxing to me. The vetiver appears after a few hows and it's a very subtle accord with the lingering incense. I prefer the more pointed or bracing vetivers like Vetiver Extraordinaire or Givenchy's but Vetiver 46 is not with out its charm.

14th September, 2008

Sunset Voyage by Nautica

Bah, doesn't last. It's nice and all but it's got 1 hour on me, tops. A suntan lotion version of Voyage.

Cerruti Image Fresh Energy by Cerruti

There's a huge yuzu or pink grapefruit and minty opening. Quickly goes into a sweet and musky base. Nice for summer for a light scent.

Straight to Heaven by By Kilian

A fine, rich, woody, slightly sweet patchouli. The woodiness really permeates throughout the drydown. Good.

The Scent of Peace by Bond No. 9

Well, well... a light marine-ish niche fragrance for the unknowing. This disappears on me after the first 10 sprays and I thought I doused myself in it. It was a lovely scent but it peacefully left. Comparisons to D&G Light Blue are quite accurate and I agree that it's softer and more floral.

Tonino Lamborghini pour Homme by Tonino Lamborghini

Woody leathery chypre. It smells very, very familiar. It's also feels like and unfinished oriental. Very conflicting and way too harsh for me.

Vetiver by Santa Maria Novella

This starts of very harsh and perfumey and the vetiver comes out after an hour. The vetiver is nice but subtle.

Viking by Royal Copenhagen

Crazy and busy. This is so cologny it's disgusting. Spicy ozonic and musky base, it just doesn't do anything else.

Cruel Intentions by By Kilian

I knew it! There was vetiver in this. A floral vetiver with an oriental powdery base. Nice but not worth the money due to its lack of longevity.

Encre Noire by Lalique

A fantastic vetiver based scent. Amazing woody drydown with a slightly inky feel. Dry and dark. It's actually quite relaxing to me. Vetiver is quickly becoming a favorite starting with Givenchy Vetiver, CdG MAN2 and now Encre Noir. A must try for vetiver fans.

Jaguar Performance by Jaguar

If you're looking for quality niche stuff look elsewhere but this is a very decent soapy woody fragrance. It's like a cross between Gendarme and Lacoste Essential. Staying power is good at 5 hours tops.

Boss Bottled by Hugo Boss

Thick and syrupy but still unnatural smelling like the other Hugo Boss offerings. I do like the sweet smell of this and I can definitely detect the apple notes on the top (at first I thought I was smelling the Tommy Hilgfiger I had on the other day). It doesn't have 1-2-3 type drydown; it just goes from thick to thin. By the way, Hugo Boss, please label your vials clearer so I know which is which. Just having BOSS on it tells me nothing because everything else of yours has BOSS on it.

Tommy 10 by Tommy Hilfiger

I like the original Tommy. It's sweet yet a little brash. Tommy 10 inverts these elements. 10 is brash on top and dries down sweeter yet it's slightly weaker than the original. Both are seemingly the same and as one reviewer noted Tommy 10 lacks the "apple pie" note which is very obvious in a side by side comparison. In short, Tommy 10 is a decent fresh fragrance for young adults.

Boss In Motion Edition Blue by Hugo Boss

Disgusting opening. A huge synthetic lemony/sandalwood. This is dull and no where near "Electric". Another boring aquatic.

Grain de Plaisir by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier

I tested this from an official carded sample. I kept staring at it trying to decipher the French; restraining myself from looking stuff up online about it. I wanted to go into this one without prejudice or forethought. I wanted to like this. The card had a familiar looking plant I swear was a celery stalk.

I looooove citrus scents. Lacoste (original) is such a lemony scent and I love it. Homme de Gres is a dry lemon/wood scent and I love it. Creed's Royal Water is an elegant citrusy scent and I like it.

Grain de Plaisir made me gag at the start. Pledge wood cleaner. BAM! Right there. Then it dried down into herbs. There's the celery! Oh please not I love the smell of celery but only in cooking; especially when I help my mother in the fall to make her amazing chicken noodle soup.

Pleasant scent, I'd never wear it which is the purpose of perfumes.

Dunhill d by Dunhill

A fresh, woody fragrance that doesn't last any longer than Jell-O nailed to a wall.

Hot Play by Lacoste

Excellent clean and crisp fragrance reminiscent of Aqua di Gio plus Be Delicious (grapefruit topnotes, jasmine heartnotes and a very nice sandalwood drydown). Very youthful and vibrant and long lasting for its family. Downside is that it only lasts about 1-4 hours but that's longer than most fresh modern scents. Totally unoffensive and good for office, daily, casual wear.

10th September, 2008

Nomade by D'Orsay

I don't know what everybody else is smelling but this is an amazing woody vetiver with a very good longevity on me. Le Nomade does not remind me any of Cartier's fragrances at all. I love Declaration and the L'Essence version as well as Santos and Eau de Cartier. This is a heavenly scent that reminded me more of the Elternhaus Unifaith fragrance I love so dearly (minus the incense). This is the kind of vetiver fragrance that appeals to me. I likve wearing vetiver scents in the evening because I find them relaxing and Le Nomade is perfect for me for that situation.

10th September, 2008

Vetyver Lanvin (new) by Lanvin

When I first put this on it felt strange. No vetiver opening at all. It was more of a typical clean sporty style. Throughout the drydown I get wafts of vetiver. The aroma was intermittent, coming and going like a summer rain. While I found that interesting it was ultimately boring and didn't last.

09th September, 2008

Verino pour Homme by Roberto Verino

Wow, this is awesome. I smelled a ck One-esque radiant citrus from the start and coming up through the middle was a very nice dark tea note. Drydown is more vetiver than sandalwood/musk but it's a GOOD vetiver. Excellent office wear.

09th September, 2008

Cuoio by Odori

A very pleasant modified leather chypre (patchouli instead of oakmoss). The citrus topnotes are very, very good but are fleeting. The vetiver plays a major role in the overall experience and it not a raw grassy vetiver nor the vetiver one finds in Givenchy's Vetiver. Just a nice, simple vetiver. Amber smooths out the entirety of the scent and isn't a big amber either and plays with the ylang-yalng and honey notes to add sweetness. Everything about this is subtle yet prominent which seems to compromise its longevity. For the price you might find 5 bottles of something better in longevity but nowhere near this complex. Worth a try.

Black Sun by Salvador Dali

A sweet, woody oriental. Gives a hint of licorice. I find this charming and warm.

Endless Ocean Pacific For Men by Ocean Pacific

A pleasant enough citrus on the top. It really is good there. But that fades and leaves an ugly dry musky odor.

Royal Copenhagen by Royal Copenhagen

I don't get a powdery feeling at all. Not like what I get Rive Gauche. This is more of a very good mixture of a clean civet. If there is such a thing. There's something antistringent about it that does mae it seem like a nursing home. Perhaps it's because they happen to wear it? Or because it's a very old formula just modernized.

Beyond Love by By Kilian

Green floral of jasmine and tuberose. Nice. Tuberose seems to be one of the more "masculine" florals. Nice and smooth.

07th September, 2008

Bois d'Argent Cologne by Christian Dior

Dior Homme with honey and a milky incense. Wear light on the skin and is more of a comfort scent.

07th September, 2008

Showing 1141 to 1170 of 1905.