Reviews by SirSlarty

SirSlarty's avatar
    SirSlarty

Showing 1831 to 1860 of 1910.

Kiton Men by Kiton

This does not last on me at all which is hugely disappointing. It's a nice light scent. Maybe that's why? Spicy woods with citrus and and a floral roaming about.

Hollywood for Men by Fred Hayman

Cheap and blue. Not very exciting but it's a nice mix of synthetic florals and herbs. Though a little watery, it's quite competent in being a good fragrance. One of the few fragrances I'd give a thumbs up with a low rating.

Gendarme by Gendarme

Review for the "cologne spray": Clean, slightly soapy scent. If Nivea's unscented aftershave had any smell, I bet they would use this. For a clean scent, I'd rather have Mulger Cologne.

Review for the EdP: Definitely much better! Not just because it's stronger but the formula seems to feel much better on the skin. Instead of a fresh out of the shower scent, you get an invigorating CLEAN AS HELL smell. Fresh lemons, soap accords and... leather? OK not really. But the EdP makes me like an alternative to most other aquatics that throw in sweet stuff or woody stuff into their fragrances. This stuff I gladly have next to my Mugler Cologne.

31st May, 2008 (Last Edited: 12th September, 2009)

Chrome by Azzaro

It's OK. Smells somewhat ordinary. Certainly fresh and lemon/orange. A step up of other fresh fougeres like Brut and Avatar and quite similar to ck One. Inoffensive.

Candie's Men by Candie's

I'd rather suck on a candy than have one stuck in my nose all day. I wore this to work once and never received a comment from the fairer sex. Doesn't appeal to this almost-thirty year-old.

Lemon Eau de Toilette by Art of Shaving

This is a not overly sweet, creamy lemon as opposed to other scents that are a hugely dry lemon (Homme de Gres) and fresh citrus (like Lacoste original). Nice and pleasant. Not sharp. I like all kinds of lemon but prefer the zestier lemons. However this doesn't fail to please.

Lucky Number 6 for Men by Lucky Brand

Fresh, gnawing spice that is quite competent at not being totally chemical smelling. Doesn't seem to last very long, maybe 2 hours. Quite nice though and worth the price in the bargain bins.

Chergui by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

Rich, creamy, woody, heavy on the amber. I was told that I'd like this scent if I enjoyed the amber of ck Obsession. Well, I do enjoy the opening of Chergui but it feels like it fades quickly. At it's base, it's certainly a Lutens scent as I've felt like I've worn it before (I've tried many other Lutens and I like this). For me, this house has it's huge ups and downs but never a so-so scent. While classy, this one doesn't do it for me. Great for a romantic cool fall winter evening with a beautiful lady.

Sander for Men by Jil Sander

I have a freaky trifecta thing going on with this one and two other scents. When I wear Sander for Man, I feel like I'm wearing Guiice pour Homme II or Hugo Dark Blue. I love the note in all three that they seemingly have in common. My guess it's a combination of mint and incense/myrrh. I like all three equally (and they all have the same juice color).

Sander for Man has a nice sweet but cutting scent with a mint of mint that fades. Very casual and likable.

Minotaure by Paloma Picasso

A fruity vanilla that slightly powdery a bitter note at the end. With a hint of spiciness this makes a good casual scent.

Envy for Men by Gucci

Yes this smells watered down, cheap and synthetic... but I love it. Its ginger root remained a mystery to me until I actually smelled some real ginger and it reminded me of Envy. I absolutely love the bottle with the large, black, rectangular cap.

But since Serge Lutens Five O'Clock au Gingembre has come out, I might not get more Envy but I'm sure I'd receive more as a gift.

Sunset Heat for Men by Escada

Fizzy and bright! Exciting and fruity! Sweet and calm... After the intial hour of the amazing opening notes of sweet, slightly bitter fruitiness, it dries down to a fresh fougere type of scent. Much like a sunset. Pretty at first and calming night afterwards. Quite good.

Black XS by Paco Rabanne

Sweet powdery pineapple and strawberry dust.

Magnetism for Men by Escada

I sure get the Vanilla Coke smell everyone else is getting but this gourmand isn't as pungent as most others I've tried. Reminds me of a slightly fizzy and smoky Pi. I find Pi to very cloying but this is quite wearable. Settles down smoothly and stays there for a long while. Though I wouldn't go out of my way to obtain a bottle, I have to give this a plus. It keeps my interest especially when the woody notes pops in and out.

Nautica Competition (new) by Nautica

Yuck. Smells like anything else that's deemed sporty. A lot like Lacoste Essential mixtured with the opening of Truefit & Hill 1805 Cologne. Well, yes it's clean and simple but not too engaging if that's what you're looking for.

Passage d'Enfer by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Odd that the smell of Catholic churches are used for a fragrance called path to hell. Well, the incense dies and I'm left with a watery version of some kind of musky and peppery scent. Probably would fair better on someone's skin who isn't as dry.

Weekend for Men by Burberry

Spicy and citrusy and quite sharp at first but not a zesty sharp citrus. More bitter/sour and airy. I like it but not that interesting. Doesn't last that long on my skin. I can smell the musk throughout the whole think which smells quite nice.

Castile by Penhaligon's

Smells like roses! Then something else, like a musk. Then more roses! It's really neroli no wait it's citrus rose. Wow! Interesting. Very classy and beautiful.

Méchant Loup by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Wait, is this Spark from Liz Claiborne? Anyways, lots of sweet honey. A little nutty. However, it sounds heavy but it's not. Way too light on the skin and I barely register any of the wood notes. Feels like I took a wet paper towel used to wipe up a spilled jar of honey and rubbed it on my chest.

Habit Rouge by Guerlain

Oh yeah! A "classic scent" that I love. Classic here I refer to the powdery feel and the vanilla. Citrus and vanilla together here though, it's great. Strong at first but settles down nicely and can be a monster of a scent. Has a myriad of personality and projects itself differently on different people. I feel like an intellect wearing it but that's just my own psychosis.

Narciso Rodriguez for Him by Narciso Rodriguez

Weird. I read that this was meant to smell bad on purpose. Weird. I like this. Violet leaves can smell good to me. Goes on brightly green and subtlety earthy without being dirty. I find it odd that I really love this stuff since I disapprove of many other green fragrances namely Eternity.

Chypre Rouge by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

If "rouge" means "red" like blood here, then I can agree. That is, if blood refers to blood of a tree which we call sap. This smells like pine sap mixed with carmel. Feels very sticky and dirty. Not very pleasant at all.

From an atheistic view, though rich and syrupy like most Lutens I've tried, this one just doesn't feel right and out of character for a Lutens scent.

Burberry London for Men by Burberry

Love it! Perfect scent for cooler weather and is a compliment magnet. First time I ever wore this I received my first cologne related compliment ever. Nice, boozy and sweet without being overbearing. To me it's unique since I haven't really smelled anything like it before.

Everlast Original 1910 by Everlast

A non-sporty non-cliched fragrance based on a sport? This is great. It's skanky and potent like a prizefighter. For ten bucks this is a real bargain. You owe it to yourself to at least try it out.

From a design aspect, the bottle is neat. The sloping angles of the sides reflect the contours of the upper male torso. Very macho.

Scent Intense by Costume National

I get great sillage and longevity from this. In fact, I rarely ever get comments on what I'm wearing but I found that people were sniffing the air around me asking, "oh I smell something." It's good. Slightly vanilla with a slight spice to it with amber. Definitely a unisex. I can't compare it to the normal Scent for intensity difference.

Paul Smith Extreme Men by Paul Smith

I was captivated by the packaging and the bottle when I first opened it. It was a definite blind buy. The vertical striping reminded me of Gene Davis' "wallpaper" paintings though his paintings are much more vivid than this scent. (And I'm glad. Sometimes I don't need to announce my presence in a room or building!)

This is average and inoffensive. Pleasant mix of mild and sweet notes with a bit of spiciness that is quite wearable for daily use. Nothing extreme about it though it's very nice.

28th May, 2008 (Last Edited: 18th June, 2008)

Rochas Man by Rochas

Excellent gourmand. I accidentally bought some of the aftershave and find it to be very versatile for layering with any other gourmand fragrance out there. Coffee and vanilla. Love them both.

Reaction for Men by Kenneth Cole

I realize how awful its longevity is. On a card, it lasted a good while. The scent lingered with me for the longest time and I wanted a bottle badly but still felt undecided. I went to the Internet and other sources for reviews and thought and found out, despite the fact that my sample card lasted a long time, that Reaction on;y reacts for so long. Maybe 30 minutes or and hour if you're lucky. And there have been accounts were people are lucky. I even asked the SA their option on Reaction and she honestly said that there have been more returns on that fragrance than any other they have ever had and this store has been around for a good 20 years and so had the SA.

Well, this is a great, fresh, fruity scent. I love the opening notes and everything about it. If Be Delicious wasn't so sour, I'd wear that instead of Reaction but reaction makes it just right without you feeling like a fruit basket.

Like many others have stated, I wish this lasted longer. I wonder what makes it fade so quickly...

Pi by Givenchy

Calming, soothing and sweet scent. Though quite terrific, I need something more engaging. My personal preference should not discount the fact that this is a well made, though cloying fragrance.

La Myrrhe by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

Who in the heck wants to smell like a soapy, wet concrete block? That's all I get from this. Sorry Mr. Lutens.

28th May, 2008

Showing 1831 to 1860 of 1910.