Reviews by GentlemanFarmer

GentlemanFarmer's avatar
    GentlemanFarmer
    Switzerland Switzerland

Divine Bergamote by Different Company

Fantastic!!! One of the most refined compositions of Jean-Claude, fresh and elegant. Bravo!!! a truly thumbs UP for me.

27 June, 2011

Gravel for Men by Gravel

I got a decant last week, the perfume is very nice; lemon, sandalwood and I feel some incense too. The real problem is the staying power; it is complete gone in 30 minutes, perhaps the low quality of the decant??? I suggest you to try before buying.

18 February, 2011

Woods of Windsor for Men / Gentleman by Woods of Windsor

Beautifully melancholic and decadent, I find myself using it more and more often…Surely, it would have had its place in the collection of Alexis de Redé.

30th January, 2011

X for Men by Clive Christian

Magnificent royal opening but it calms down almost too quick. Gentlemany scent very versatile, however recommended for fresh or cold days. It wears very close to the skin therefore not much sillage. Surpriselly similar to Penhaligon Opus 1870. If price is an issue Opus is an excellent alternative. I gave neutral vote due to the short longevity, otherwise it would be thumbs-up.

30th January, 2010

Collection Homme Atlas Cedar by Jean-Charles Brosseau

Wears very close to the skin with a moderate projection. Never overwhelming thanks to the quality and dosage of the various ingredients, the rhubarb helps to calm down the cedar and makes the scent cozy, as someone else pointed out, it would be better to wear in cold weather. What strikes me the most in this scent is that is so enveloping and smooth… like cashmere scarf. Although not between my favorites scents, I keep coming back quiet often to it and always with great pleasure.

29 October, 2008

Duc de Vervins by Houbigant

I thought I have to write something about this magnificent scent. Originally It was not on my plans to acquire a fragrance like DV, it was introduced to me by one of the responsible persons of the hyacinth shop (One of the best Swiss perfumeries located in Basel) she sprayed one of those with papers testers and give it to me, I was not a t all impressed and put the paper in the bag together with the other perfumes I bought. Once in the car I decided to put the sample on the dashboard, the next day when I took the car I said what is that wonderful and refined smell? That was the moment that I realized the extents of DV.

It is a fresh and distinctive Chypre (Fougere) fragrance, projecting maturity and a classic taste for life, this is the kind of fragrance that you would like to have as a signature fragrance, so when people smell it, your image will materialize. Classy, …very classy although a bit overpowered my wife said at the beginning, but now she understood that as an important part of this beautiful composition. Bravo!!!

PS: My daughter says that smell clean and wonderfull.

22 September, 2008 (Last Edited: 07 November, 2011)

Citron Citron by Miller Harris

Extreamely similar to the Eau d´Hadrien, a bit disapointed for that fact. But an overall a good citrus fragance for hot days, nothing goes wrong here.

04 July, 2008

Rose d'Homme by Les Parfums de Rosine

Give to the Caesar what belong to him. I’d seen many neutral or negative post here, you could love or not rose based compositions, if you do, definitively you have to give a try to Rose d’ Homme .
    Rather intoxicating and intense powdery rose, sandalwood and patchouli composition, I wear it in special occasions and overall at night, very high quality ingredients and extremely well made. I really enjoy wearing it although not every day. I you look for a rose based RDO deserves a try…no regrets.

05 June, 2008 (Last Edited: 03 December, 2011)

Aéroplane by Detaille

Very plesant and easy to wear (allroad)but classy andstilish. Reminds Eau Sauvage. Great composition!.

09 June, 2007

Cuir Ottoman by Parfum d'Empire

Beautifully made composition; a mix between Knize Ten & Nostalgia from Santa Maria Novella.
    Smooth sweet and dry leathery smell, with good lasting power, really nice to wear.
    As someone else pointed out Cuir Ottoman is listed here as a Women’s scent… estrange…I would say very masculine.

16 May, 2007

Astor by Geo F Trumper

Astor is definitively a member of the fougere family. It reminds me at a first sniff to Loewe Esencia. Astor is masculine and not very long lasting, to be honest I am a bit disappointed Astor didn't meet my expectations, although is not bad but is far to be an exceptional Gentlemen cologne.

01st May, 2007